• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

I don't know... I understand fighters are gonna say certain things and put up an act in front of the camera but they're usually more raw and honest in any given podcast you may listen to. Say things they might not say if they were in the Fox studio or a pre or post fight interview.

Just seems like a real shitty situation for Johnny. Fighting in his home state, missing weight at a higher weight class, and getting finished. must really suck.

He always looked pretty comfortable lying about having never taken steroids. I think he's actually one of the more dishonest fighters as far as the high profile ones go. Most of the other would just avoid the topic of steroids as much as that was possible. Big Rigg would just go on and on about how he's never taken them.
Too bad for him though in that this is how he makes a living. I'm assume his next stop will be Bellator.

He always looked pretty comfortable lying about having never taken steroids. I think he's actually one of the more dishonest fighters as far as the high profile ones go. Most of the other would just avoid the topic of steroids as much as that was possible. Big Rigg would just go on and on about how he's never taken them.
Too bad for him though in that this is how he makes a living. I'm assume his next stop will be Bellator.

You might be right. I know it's an easy thing for lots of fans to blame fighters going on losing streaks on USADA testing.

Hendricks might be one of them though...

Hendricks moves up to middleweight because he can't make weight anymore at welterweight.

Misses weight AGAIN at middleweight. Weighed in at 188.

Bigg Pigg indeed.

Head case, always was.. I was a fan, but now I hope he gets cut immediately. :thumbdown

Cheezea was not going to survive that choke but still Yamasucki channeled a vision from the future. Sweet leather ref pants tho bro. I'm sticking with my UFC doom sentiment, when was the last main that didn't end with some ridiculous controversy. Holly vs. Belch? :rofl

Total bullshit stoppage in the Chiesa/Lee fight.

Video of the finish: https://oddshot.tv/s/g05S_g

I didn't think the stoppage was that bad. Chiesa's arms went limp and the motions looked like a tap, probably even more so from the angle Mario was watching them.

That being said, letting it go a few more seconds wouldn't have hurt and we'd have a less controversial ending. Hope UFC moves on though. I don't think we need to see a rematch here.

He wasn't limp yet. It was going that way and probably would have gone to sleep in another 5 seconds or so but the stoppage was still early.

Chiesa wasn't getting out or even trying to break the grip but it was still early.

But yeah, letting it go wouldn't have hurt. not tapping from a choke is a lot less dangerous than not tapping from a joint lock.

Video of the finish: https://oddshot.tv/s/g05S_g

I didn't think the stoppage was that bad. Chiesa's arms went limp and the motions looked like a tap, probably even more so from the angle Mario was watching them.

That being said, letting it go a few more seconds wouldn't have hurt and we'd have a less controversial ending. Hope UFC moves on though. I don't think we need to see a rematch here.

agree. his arms went limp (didn't see a tap). I think the movement was from the arms just going limp from trying to fight it... also, he just work up when Lee already pushed off to get up. If he would've squeezed a little longer, he wouldn't have woken up. I think the drama started from Dana and everyone followed to say it was an early stoppage.

The drama started when Chiesa bounced up and started complaining.

<30 seconds left in the round, another 3-5 before the stoppage wouldn't have hurt.

It looked to me like Yamasaki thought Chiesa was passing out. That's how it looked to me, too. Still a bad stoppage.

Anyone catch Bellator? It was a pretty wacky night. This video pretty much summarizes the event: https://streamable.com/cz9om

Was a crazy night in NYC, for sure. Chandler's footwork was kinda disturbing.

Y'all see that Kish shit herself in her fight with Herrig?

Yeah, Herrig can literally say she beat the shit out of her.

Last edited:
Fight date in August = both parties already knew the fight was on a long time ago.

And the whole, will it happen/will it not, was a ruse.

I know that should seem obvious but still.

The fight was done deal a while back but the date wasn't picked until 3rd week of May I believe. Evan from HME chose it, Dana got nothing to do with it but put the word out lol What even funnier is that there's a conflict for this fight as of right now. Ice Cube's basketball league had already booked the arena previously for the same date, at this point he's already refused an offer for double his projected profits for the night. :laughing

I know eventually Cube's going to give in bc HME got wayyy deeper pockets, just a matter of seeing enough 0s on the check.

As far as TUF Finale cards go, this one was pretty good. Lots of interesting things going on top to bottom.

I did not see the tuf finale or the many women matches that were on last week. Where can I see these fights?
Thanks!

(I saw the weigh ins)

Y'all see that Kish shit herself in her fight with Herrig?

Disgusting. Should have been dq'ed.

Also, Nunes should be considered a forfeit for not showing up after being medically cleared.

On the plus side, it was nice to see Travis Housey get choked out. :laughing

UFC let Mousassi go to bellator... wow

Also, just officially got tickets to 214. WOOP.

I'm excited for this weekend 'cause I'm a total Cynthia Calvillo fan.

She fought a great fight. Those submission attempts were nice.

BTW, Matt Serra had her on an episode of the UFC Unfiltered podcast, if you wanna check that out since you're a fan.

I didn't think Gunnar was gonna get dropped like that.

Don't wanna armchair quarterback too much but maybe it's time Gunnar rethink that hands down, chin up style/stance... Especially facing a dude with a bunch of KO's on his record.

Last edited:
Back