• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Did you see that takedown KO though? How often does that happen? :laughing

but yeah it was pretty meh. It's a good thing it was an afternoon sunday card though. I was just having brunch and a few beers and asked the bar tender to put it on one of the TVs.

It sucks when you take a Friday or Saturday night to watch fights and the card is weak.

That was bizarre. Seems to me dude has taken a few too many hits to the noggin to get KO'd like that.

Just seemed like a lot of bad matchups.

tubby made weight. no towel shenanigans

I'm taking off work early to go see the weigh ins later this afternoon.

So pretty much figured Bones would beat Cormier but what do you think about him hitting up Lesnar right afterwards? Think he is looking for a big payday like McGregor is going to get with Mayweather? I mean Lesnar is a big guy he's got to have at least 50lbs on Jones.

Jones ain't fighting Lesnar. I think he knows that. The whole thing kind of confused me.

Anyway, great card. Worth the price of admission.:party

Did they take any video of the crowd doing the Wave during the Woodley fight? I'm curious.

The crowd got so bored with the fight, some drunk dude stood up and started hyping the crowd.

ONE TWO THREE. *WAVE*:rofl It went around the arena 3 or 4 times.

And everyone started doing the flashlight thing, you know like back a couple decades ago when people would put up their lighters except now we do it with cellphones...

god that fight fucking sucked. Woodley can kiss my ass. KO's Lawler in 1 round then puts on 3 straight title defenses of fights I never want to see again.

Last edited:
god that fight fucking sucked. Woodley can kiss my ass. KO's Lawler in 1 round then puts on 3 straight title defenses of fights I never want to see again.

It's the GSP style of defending championships. Hit them with the jab and outpoint them to get the win and keep the belt. Boring as fuck but effective.

It's the GSP style of defending championships. Hit them with the jab and outpoint them to get the win and keep the belt. Boring as fuck but effective.

The difference, at least to me, though is that GSP was dominating his opponents. Woodley did not dominate Thompson or Maia.

So, will Jones have a run in with the police, USADA or ??? before or after the end of the year?

I may sound like a girlfriend in an abusive relationship but I gotta believe, no more fuck ups.

Did they take any video of the crowd doing the Wave during the Woodley fight? I'm curious.

And everyone started doing the flashlight thing, you know like back a couple decades ago when people would put up their lighters except now we do it with cellphones...

Joe commented on the phones (which looked cool). Something like "It's freakin' me out, man." Yeah that fight sucked.

I may sound like a girlfriend in an abusive relationship but I gotta believe, no more fuck ups.

He sounded like he has matured a bit in his post-fight but it's easier to be gracious in victory than it is in defeat. I hope he stays humble.

If GSP was so boring, why was he the highest PPV draw when he was active?

They were hoping to see him actually lose. :teeth

I liked GSP but his fights were pretty boring not a lot of highlight reel stuff but he was smart and knew how to pick apart his opponents but it was just really technical and most people want highlight reel knockouts or all out wars.

It's kind of why boxing is sliding people want KOs not skillful/tactical fights.

Joe commented on the phones (which looked cool). Something like "It's freakin' me out, man." Yeah that fight sucked.

It was fuckin great, dude.:laughing I've never seen that kinda shit at an MMA event.

I can't wait til 214 is available on fight pass so I can see how that looked on camera.

When the arena was doing the wave, it was between rounds when it started, I think... then the next round started and it was still going. They shut off the lights that were on the crowd, probably to try to get everyone to stop. It was hilarious. :laughing

They were hoping to see him actually lose. :teeth

I liked GSP but his fights were pretty boring not a lot of highlight reel stuff but he was smart and knew how to pick apart his opponents but it was just really technical and most people want highlight reel knockouts or all out wars.

It's kind of why boxing is sliding people want KOs not skillful/tactical fights.

Go watch Worldstar, then.

Back