• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Another brutal knock out on the show last night. Kid did not know where he was after that punch!

Bubba wasn't going anywhere anyway. I would have been more amused watching him get his ass kicked by the rookie.

nao the kiwi vs. hall should be interesting. I think halls got him in the cardio dept however.

Yep, got those Irish hand grenades. Funny guy also. I hope he keeps moving up the ladder.

only one thing could have gotten me back on barf for a minute, and it was a diaz beatdown :laughing

glad to see GSP finish what condit started, the total exposure of diaz and his utter lack of diversity or gameplanning.

best boxing in MMA? please? GSP exposed charade that even worse than condit. gsp slipped the jab at will, straight through his hands. negated any combos whatsoever, and regulated diaz to winging hooks and the occasional body punch (that couples with his small size and lack of power, meant nothing). his boxing simple is not nearly as good as sold, and would get detsrpyed by any real boxer in an actual boxing match. (his footwork is terrible, and leaves open the ability to roll to his side)

AND

went on to expose his BJJ, or lack thereof. it WAS good, but very much in the BJ Pen, mode, diaz has become so obsessed with fighting stand up and "fighting" that his skills degraded to a few painful to watch chimura attempts that never even had GSP worried. his guard was painfully overstated (as I have always thought) guy has zero wrestling, zero gameplanning, and is so predictable, I swear at times I think I could beat diaz :laughing

diaz has been a charade, always had been, always will be. his post fight conmference BS should show his brother nate exactly what NOT to do, or be. nate actually has a fiture in the UFC, and seems to have a way better head on his shoulders. If he could get out of that terrible ceasar gracie gym, get some REAL managment, and work his wretsling, nate diaz could make another run at the title

Missed this and have to comment:

It was takedowns that made this fight, not GSP's jab. Nick had already ranged that jab and would have got inside that and started landing 4-6 shot combos to his head.

Except GSP has the best wresting in the class. Which is how he's beaten everybody.

So, GSP did the same thing he always does: take a dude down repeatedly, lay and pray, do no damage, and win the fight. GSP had more damage then Nick.

Just sayin! :laughing

ooh we got a fight on our hands!!! ill be john mccarthy!!!!

Real interesting fighter to watch , i'm a fan.

TUF..... dafuq Josh , I wanted to see Uriah beat him down.

Josh skated thru to the semis. Don't get me wrong, you gotta be tough to get that far, but he definitely did not take the most difficult path to get there. Mucho more propz to the Kiwi for doing what he did.

I just have a feeling Kelvin is gonna get tooled, but he's pulled out upset after upset. He's a WW, tho, Hall is a MW. Might get ugly.

im watching the 100 greatest UFC fights vid right now and i have to say nobody does the prefight rules talk like herb dean. he totally looks indifferent doing it :laughing

Nate Diaz parted ways with cessar Gracie

Not quite accurate...

Even though The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 5 winner has found new MMA management, Diaz will still train under Gracie alongside the likes of his brother Nick Diaz, former Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, former UFC welterweight title challenger Jake Shields and the rest of the tight crew.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/4/9/4207518/report-nate-diaz-manager-mike-kogan-cesar-gracie-ufc

Zingano looks to be petty tough mentally. I think she will handle the circus show better than Tata for waht the next TUF is going to be. With women and men living in the same house. So much for Dana White trying bring professionalism and respect to the sport.
I dont think Rousey will be able to mess with her head the way she may have been able to do with Tate.

hall/gastelum fight should have gone 4 rounds...

i wouldve loved to have seen a 4th round but i think kelvin was the clear winner.

plus its probably good for hall to be brought back down to earth and not walk around thinking he's silva

finally got to see the women fight and KG v. Uriah and I must say that the sport is alive and doing very well!

Anyone going to UFC on Fox 7 @HP Pavilion this Sat? Lots of good fights on the card. mrs and I will watch from home :).

Last edited:
Back