• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Cat was pretty beastly , finally a real challenge for Ronda?

inb4armbar :laughing

so who you guys got for uc on fox 7?

good car

i think hendo handles melendez without much issue

and im just not sold on cormier, I know everyone has him winning easy, and mir si the underdog, but mirs losses all come against top tier guys. who has cormier fought? bigfoot? barnett? come one...

it seems like comrier is good and all, but im hesitent on him

Henderson > Melendez
Mir > Cormier

I don't have any favorites for any of the other fights. I agree, Mir has fought some of the best and Cormier is still a big question mark until he proves himself in the UFC.

Side note... Josh Rosenthall got busted for having something like 1,300 pot plants. :laughing Oops.

so who you guys got for uc on fox 7?

good car

i think hendo handles melendez without much issue

and im just not sold on cormier, I know everyone has him winning easy, and mir si the underdog, but mirs losses all come against top tier guys. who has cormier fought? bigfoot? barnett? come one...

it seems like comrier is good and all, but im hesitent on him

I want DC and Thomson to win of course :). I don't think it's fair to dismiss his wins against bigfoot and barnett.
hendo vs Melendez will be close.

I want DC and Thomson to win of course :). I don't think it's fair to dismiss his wins against bigfoot and barnett.
hendo vs Melendez will be close.

im not dismissing them versus beimg pragmatic about the differnces in skill in the UFC versus SF.

cormier certainly seems like the real deal, cain vouches heavilly for him, but maybe im just skeptical.

Strike-force fighters coming into the UFC have won 6 of the last 10 such fights. That would indicate the they are as good or better than the UFC talent they have faced. Overall SF had some talent and while not promoted as well as the UFC was indeed a quality promotion.

Attachments

• Strikeforce-Table-11.jpg
    Strikeforce-Table-11.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 55
Hendo has two split decision victories. Pretty crazy

Didbt see the Cormier fight, heard it was a snoozer

yeah DC had control over Mir through clinches, breaking out and striking Mir at will for the most part. Mir had a small window in the 3rd IMO with his kicks.
Thomson's win over Diaz was awesome. Thomson went all muy thai leg kick crazy and it worked.

Last edited:
It was an awesome event. First time I went to a live UFC event. All the fights were actually good except for the DC vs Mir fight. I think we were spoiled. lol. Henderson not so "smooth" proposing to his girl. lol. I wonder if he would still do it if he lost the fight. I guess since it was on FOX Joe Rogan didn't get a chance to interview most of the fighters. He didn't get a chance to interview Melendez.

I wonder if the proposal thing messed w/ Hendo during the fight.

DC's win seemed to go like exactly what he planned. Close the distance and don't go to the ground. Mir did not use his reach advantage and actually clinched DC several times. Getting and keeping a guy on the wall does require skill and just *looks* like nothing....at least that's what the mrs tells me.

I enjoyed the fights but was not happy with some of the results.
Nathan and Frank-I was rooting for you!
Benson-please learn how to finish but otherwise it was a fun fight to watch.

anyone getting the ufc this weekend?

i want sonnen to win, but jones is just way too good. cant stand jones the persona, but love his fighting ability.

also roy nelso v congo
bisping v belcher

depending on how my day goes at work I'll either go out to see the matches or view them at home.
Go Bones Jones!
I hope the the women's bout follows the trend and is an exciting fight.

Jim Miller over Healy
Phil Davis over Vinny M
Nelson over Kongo
Belcher over Bisping

Let's see if I get any of these right

Enjoy the fights!

I hope it finishes with one more in the record books, one more in the win column and one more for the bad guy.

Waiting for the start.

Last edited:
Back