• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

I saw that fight and to me the eye pokes didn't look all that accidental. Who punches someone and then opens their hand to swipe down the face. Glad to see a local boy(to my current digs) do good. I still can't believe he ate all those leg kicks without trying to defend them.

Poirier post a couple pictures of his legs on twitter the day after the fight.

Gnarly bruising. Not as bad as Faber after fighting Aldo but still pretty bad.

I'm so glad Herb penalized Justin a point. We should be soooo far past eye pokes at this point, I don't even know if they should give someone a warning any more.

That MW guy Israel Somethingsomething, supposed to be the next big shit... same thing. Eye poke? Gimme a break, yo. Color me unimpressed.

points should be taken for eye pokes and kicks to the dick a lot more often.

Even if it's unintentional, it still happened.

I got kicked in the dick teaching Krav Maga on Saturday morning. Wasn't wearing a cup that day. Might have to start. :laughing

The irony? I was wearing this shirt:

lutLKovKiqaQeME37iE5-6-6ll53n8EqCvfdzzYbI_yQ-RlmnmWP_zG8Uupv98lF9o0E4CL6t0-K5_oDgN0B_LTVNi8TmLQltvJ9bMjpq483CtWW_tfpuWqjHJidapfKyQn2v_LquAlH17QZKojwToI-g9rLdKH57GZrIiSoemVsSuRN4NCj8zEvbBGAwJfmGLcwo_wROgyCUtjfdE2Tc-s0JMimwJ4I2WZY-0hGuzz4_x4sxDbkiL58tFIy8HaC_pJoDZ-ktLBN9r4iNZR_juZhGmnEMRQtaiu4-8yUNLi4PjHsc56yuG6OnhJSBzDtWlY_kOB9xkYBNuElz0jU1sfJf8vVjVefdvKalF9BMEuA3rD2G4-muWSMtQ0ha93oCYzEHLqlKBb565aC4jYDz_t_Sm3BgWpMwz9nJUC1mk-U6woRJYgmIahgoxrwdc0tQZltjBRcfY4pg9YvL1BLBSkmLra2ip6xTtx_OXMPLFymih8lhBuM9icai9QBMKYHGT4ZVd5znBZYGe2-s6Rhu4ztemQNzlZ0BAFg9nSxqTxJeDcTn78I9Pelbb0f6LGYkL_P0Oq6SkGIGGBtUgjjrIPiuiG9_tZaegJpj4m-=w651-h613-no

Even if it's unintentional, it still happened.

^^^ This.

Ok, MAYBE a warning for the first one, but this 2 and 3 warning :bs is just that, :bs.

How about 1 warning, and then the kickee gets a free shot in the same place? That would put a stop to the eye and nut strikes quick and in a hurry! :thumbup :laughing

Last edited:
Anybody seen the new Combat Karate thing?

You can stream the first event on www.karate.com (I wonder how much money it cost to buy karate.com... like, how much money would you need to buy... I don't know... motorcycle.com?)

It's pretty cool.

Anybody got plans to go to any events this year? I'm doing UFC 227 in LA for the TJ/Cody rematch. And then Vegas for UFC 228 or 229. I forget which. Whatever card is first week of October. no fights are even announced. My friends and I just saw it on the calendar and we all booked our travel plans and booked a mansion we're staying at. and the fights will be whatever they are.

If my friend Andrew that trains at team alphamale has his 2nd pro fight this year somewhere in CA, I'll try to make that.

Not sure if Eddie Bravo is having any of his jiu jitsu tournaments in LA this year but I'll go to that if he does.

Not sure if Eddie Bravo is having any of his jiu jitsu tournaments in LA this year but I'll go to that if he does.

Going to the EBI 6/24 in San Diego! And Eddy is gonna be at Cobbs in SF doing stand up on the first...flat earth, chemtrails, and Jiu Jitsu stories...I'm IN.

Didn't know about EBI in San Diego. I'll try to plan on being there. Let's stay in touch as that day draws closer. I doubt any of my friends here in socal want to go to a jiu jitsu tournament so I'd be going solo anyway.

So, UFC 224 was a surprisingly decent card (compared to most Brazil cards)

That fuckin kick Lyoto blasted Vitor with!! :eek:

GlisteningImpressionableAmericanalligator-max-14mb.gif

I only caught bits and pieces of the bellator card.

So Woodely is talking about coming back to fight at UFC 227. Please don't let this happen. I went to 214 Jones/DC 2 in Anaheim and Woodley/Maia was by far the worst fight on the card. I'm still mad I took my bathroom break during the Oezdemir/Manuwa fight and sat through all of that god damn Woodley fight.

Stay away, Tyrone!

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In other news, Cub Swanson vs Renato Moicano got added to 227

Also, y'all should check out yesterday's Rogan podcast with GSP.

iz gud

Curious to see how Moose does at Bellator today.

Some good fights coming up.

And, yeah stay home GSP. Or, fight Woodley. I can take a long nap that day.

I've never seen anybody verbally submit like the Caveman dude did to MVP. Essentially saying, "No Mas." That was crazy.

Any predictions for tonight's card?
early prelims:

Evans vs. Smith-hope Rashad gets his hand raised. Might be his final bout in the octagon.

Benavidez vs. Petis- Benevidez for the win

Guida vs.Oliveira-I LOVE CLAY but he might lose.....

Little Bully vs. Dynamite-Little Bully for the win

Prelims:

Overeem vs. Blaydes-Curtis for the win hopefully

Gadelha vs.Esparza-Brazilian will win

Lamas vs. Bektic-no prediction.

Coulter vs. De La Rocha-Coulter for the win.

Back