• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Interesting article concerning Dos Santos over training.

He took a severe beating in losing his heavyweight championship to Velasquez via a five-round decision. The morning after the bout, his urine was a very dark brown, the color of Guinness Stout beer.

YUCK.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--u...os-fighting-worth-health-risks-181312353.html

Interesting fights.

Hard to root against Hunt. Or Junior. I think Junior is hungry for this one. Should be awesome!

I, too, am excited to see "Wonderoy" Thompson. He's got to keep it standing. Love his TKD/Karate style. It's sorta Machidaesque, only with BIG kicks.

On chicken legs of Jones: He's got pretty fat thighs and tiny calves. So does A. Silva. Even GSP is sorta like this. Jones just needs to work on his overall toe strength, lol.

I shall not predict any more UFC fights because I dislike being wrong!

(Velasquez over Big Head)

great fight cause Hunt went down!
I enjoyed all of the fights but was kinda sad when Maynard crapped out.

watched the highlights, but didnt see the fights. dos santos won, kinda bummed hunt didnt but oh well, he never really had much chance, aside from a punchers. hunt is a beast, thats for sure.

glad to see the brazialian sasquatch lose lol cant believe that wasnt overeem. why overeeem got sloppy when he had that fight in the bag ill never know, but thats what happens. cain is so damned god its crazy. that first dos sanots fight was really an aberation, he was clearly hurt and dana said you have to get out there anyway, its the first fox show. hes been a monster since. I really dont want to see him v junior again, simply because hes going to beat his ass again, ut also because its too soon. he should get someone else first, like sonnen said, I would like to see werdum get that fight if he neats nog

also about cain, cain is a wierd guys. when you LOOK at him, you see kinda a chunky mexican. he doesnt look imposing at all, his body is flabby, almost loose. if I saw cain on the street I wouldnt consider him much of a threat at all :laughing except underneath that soft body, hes a monster. :laughing even when you look at guys like Hnt, whos clearly kinda fat, he has big ass arms, big shoulders, his traps pop. roy nelson the same way. cain just looks kinds...soft.

but then again cheick kongo looks like the most dangerous man alive lol

Last edited:
JDS popped Hunt with a big right 2-3x and Hunt took it all Roy Nelson style. I'm sure Hunt's left ear is big as bigfoot's now though :laughing

Cain can look a bit scary in normal clothing. Apparently in his early days in MMA, Cain was a bouncer and some unruly guy, not knowing any better, thought he could take Cain. A friend of the unruly dude knew who Cain was and promptly told him to GTFO :laughing.

Daniel Cormier looks just like any other dude. Especially when he's w/ his kid at the play place at the mall.

Why was there so much blood on the mat? I missed the facebook fights and stephen thompson fight. I know he won... Is there a way to see the facebook fights after it aired?

Very entertaining card overall. Not everyone who I was rooting for won, but it was still entertaining. Woulda loved to have seen Hunt knock Jr's block off, but oh well. I still like Jr, but Hunt is awesome for some reason.

Nelson/Hunt next?

Loved seeing Ghey Maynard get tooled. Maybe he and his tramp stamp will go have a good cry in Randy Cotoure's arms. :laughing

Cerrone sure needed that shrink and it seems to have done him good. Now he needs to go beat down Nate Diaz like he should have in the first place.

Yeah, Overroids is genuinely stupid... dude could have easily KO'd Bigfoot, but stood there and grinned like an idiot. Reem should have been in there instead of Silva, but oh well. Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

Man , what a great bunch of fights. I had to watch them twice. :thumbup

Regarding Cain , that dudes look alone scares me. Hes a freakin beast to be at such a high cardio level at that weight. That combo he loaded on bigfoot was as dialed as it could be.

:laughing
Very entertaining card overall. Not everyone who I was rooting for won, but it was still entertaining. Woulda loved to have seen Hunt knock Jr's block off, but oh well. I still like Jr, but Hunt is awesome for some reason.

Nelson/Hunt next?

Loved seeing Ghey Maynard get tooled. Maybe he and his tramp stamp will go have a good cry in Randy Cotoure's arms. :laughing

Cerrone sure needed that shrink and it seems to have done him good. Now he needs to go beat down Nate Diaz like he should have in the first place.

Yeah, Overroids is genuinely stupid... dude could have easily KO'd Bigfoot, but stood there and grinned like an idiot. Reem should have been in there instead of Silva, but oh well. Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

theres this weird tyrend lately where guys just arent protecting themselves. rockhold same way, straight uo had his hand DOWN most the fight, heel kick to the jaw and done.

why guys continue to hold a hand low like that is crazy, especially reem, because its not like bigffot was going to shoot low on him

Hell, Reem frickin' took Bigfoot down! That fight shoulda been a slam dunk for Reem. I guess the roids shrunk more than just his junk. I want to see him fight again, just want to see him fight smart.

Yeah, I don't get the hands down thing either. You should be able to keep your hands up and still have some TDD.

Best in the best In the world, the American gangster, the man with the largest arms, and the most charm, is about to inflict the most harm onto shogun rua

UFC middleweight turned light heavyweight Chael Sonnen announced on UFC Tonight Tuesday evening he'd be facing Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1. In addition, the bout would headline the card from the TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on August 17th.

Rua was set to face Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 161 on June 15th in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, but Nogueira withdrew from the card due to injury. The UFC attempted to find a late replacement, including Sonnen, but was logistically unable to make it happen.

"We were going to fight in Winnipeg (at UFC 161). We ended up moving the fight, they pulled ‘Shogun’ off the card completely. They’re going to match us up in a couple months," Sonnen said on FUEL TV's UFC Tonight.

"Look, I went after Wanderlei, and I was quite candid. I went after Wanderlei because he was the worst guy I could find. Record-wise, in fairness, he’s the worst fighter in the UFC. And I know what you’re thinking, you’re thinking, ‘What about ‘Cro Cop?’ You’re right, ‘Cro Cop’ was terrible. But Wanderlei’s record is actually a little bit worse. I couldn't get Wanderlei, so I’m going, ‘Look, why don’t I just do this -- why don’t I just fight the guy that destroyed Wanderlei for years in the practice room,’ and that brings us to ‘Shogun.’

That's what you get when almost all the fighters are Brazilian. Fuel 10 broke the record of having the most submissions in one night. There was 8 submissions. I actually liked it better than having a bunch of knock outs all night.

It's also what you get when there's few wrestlers lol

Fuckin brasil lol

Verdum should get the title shot, not dos santos. Not that I think he would win, Cain Wouk destroy him. I just think he deserves it more than JR. Plus I'm not ready for another Cain jr fight

Back