• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

lets hear from the pros

John Dodson: "Anderson Silva. I know that sounds cliché because everyone is on the Anderson Silva thing, but he's just too technical for the weight division. Nobody has actually figured out his puzzle; haven't found out his little keys to beat him. And Chris Weidman doesn't seem like he has that technical ability to go at it and dethrone the champion. I see Anderson Silva actually winning by TKO in the second round."

Jon Jones: "Anderson is a great champion so I can't put anything past him doing well. The same time, Chris Weidman is young, he's ambitious, and he has that wrestling base that I think is Anderson's kryptonite. So, let's see if Chris Weidman can string it all together."

Frank Mir: "I can't predict against Anderson Silva. The guy has done nothing but win and win convincingly. Well, he lost rounds against Chael. But I think Weidman is actually a very dangerous prospect for him. I think in every other fight, I would've easily bet on Anderson. And not that I'm betting on Chris, but it's pretty equal. Chris Weidman has a great work ethic, I think he's super tough. If I was Anderson's camp, I would be taking this fight extremely serious. I think this guy Chris Weidman is a very dangerous opponent. He has great takedowns, he has resilience, and his submission ability -- if Chael would've had even half of it, Anderson Silva would've suffered a defeat. I think if Chris gets in the same positions as Sonnen was in, I think he finishes him.

"Not that I predict Weidman. Weidman just has to get past the enigma of grabbing Anderson and putting him down. I still think that I'm always going to favor the champion, but I definitely don't think it's as clear cut. I think this is the hardest fight on paper we've seen Anderson fight in the UFC."

Donald Cerrone: "I'm going to go with the champ. I think he's got it, man."

Erik Perez: "Anderson Silva is phenomenal. I think Anderson Silva wins this fight. Every time I see Anderson Silva, he's, f--k, he's on another planet. He's phenomenal. He's a ninja."

Benson Henderson: "For me, I can't pick against Anderson Silva until I see somebody beat him. There's no way; I don't see anybody beating Silva. I don't know how. I don't know in which way, manner or form you would approach the enigma that is Anderson Silva.

"Weidman's pretty tough. I'm not sure if Silva will finish him or not, but I will say: Anderson Silva has a penchant for finishing tough opponents."

Bubba McDaniel: "I think Chris Weidman is the only guy that's left that can give Anderson Silva that look we need to see if somebody is able to take it to him. Chris Weidman is the next up and coming thing. I think he's great, and I think he [wins]. I'm hoping, honestly, just to throw a wrench in everything. Just to have them go, ‘Hey, there is a hole that exists.' Just to have it. Because right now, even in my mind, Anderson Silva is the modern day Bruce Lee, and that's the way it is. Do I think Chris Weidman is the guy that has the best shot to do it? Probably. So, if there's anybody to beat him, I think he's it. We'll see what happens. If it doesn't happen, then man, more power to Anderson Silva. But if Chris Weidman does it, I'm like, ‘Man, there's always a chance.'"

Rampage Jackson: "I don't even know who Chris Weidman is."

I simply will never bet against silva. ever. no way ifs and or buts

heres why im not on the weidman train

1: no marquee win. a win over maia and munoz doesnt do it for me, certaibly doesnt convince me that hes the guy

2. I think the big "silva is weak against wrestling" arguent is flawed and based on ONE fight, like four years ago, that he WON, where he had a broken rib. so the idea that weidmans god wrestling will somehow make a difference is flawed IMO. even IF chris is as good as chael (dont htink he is) unhurt silva still dispatched chael no preoblem in fight 2

I will say this. silva WILL lose at some point hes getting way old. and the challenegers ARE NOT. and they are in fact getting BETTER. each generation is better than the last. so if he lost this fight, I will not be THAT surprised

3. dude, its andersen silva

Yep. Hitting the nail on the head.^^^^

Rampage Jackson: "I don't even know who Chris Weidman is."

The sound of a 25oz framing hammer hitting another nail.^^^

:laughing

Haven't seen him much. I had to go to Youtube for Weidman highlights, and there are not very many!

Most importantly, they are full of nobodies, and it looks nothing like a Silva hightlight reel, which is full of champs/contenders getting knocked the fuck out! :thumbup

I also want to point out that chris has 9 fights TOTAL

silva literally has more title wins that weidman has fights.

predictions? Oh why not.....

Silva!
Edgar!
Gracie!
Boetsch
Swanson

I just ante'd up to watch it at home. I went to see Silva fight at the bar last year. I spent 45 minutes just waiting to find somewhere to sit down and then the fight was over before I even finished my first beer.

I just ante'd up to watch it at home. I went to see Silva fight at the bar last year. I spent 45 minutes just waiting to find somewhere to sit down and then the fight was over before I even finished my first beer.

I feel ya

from the reports silva sounded WAY COCKY and got ktfo

yo, mma folks, keep your hands up wtf lol why do guys not have their hands up??????

Honestly it didn't even look like he hit him all that good. Not to mention silva looked like he flopped and didn't get knocked out.

motherfucker.... damn, Anderson.

oh well. it's cool. 38 years old. He did his work . held the title for years

"we" still got Jon Jones.:)

Jones Abd gsp won't make stupid mistakes like that. Saw the highlights, silva was clowning Abd got tagged

That's why I like GSP. Strictly business

Jones Abd gsp won't make stupid mistakes like that. Saw the highlights, silva was clowning Abd got tagged

That's why I like GSP. Strictly business

Jones is as fierce as Silva was/is except over a decade younger. I can't wait.

Back