• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

20% :applause Remember its not whether win or lose, you doin alright girl :thumbup

Never am I even close to predicting matches.
But I keep doing so!

ah to be imperfect and incorrect is why I love this life.

(maybe next time I'll do better........)

I caznt believe the president of a major fight company was fielding questions in th presser about whether silva through the fight

not good for vusiness when a prevailing theory al over the web is that the fight was rigged. Im not saying it was, just that not good for business

Silva already said he wouldn't.

Unless that changes.

there is bound to be a rematch, silva still has 10 fights on his new recently signed contract.

for those on the internet saying it was a thrown fight, when was the last time a champion threw a fight by getting knocked the f*ck out?
even though the hit didn't look like a hard one, the technique was there and it hit the right spot. Silva's body collapsed and his eyes rolled to the back of his head before his head bounced like a basketball on the canvas.

silva has always been a show boater when it comes to fighting. more so when he felt like the opponent put in to fight with him didn't deserve to be there or when the opponent actually stood a chance to beat him. it is silva's way of frustrating his opponents and getting them to make mistakes.

Wiedman knew it, he got wrapped up in it a little in the first round but didn't play into it in the second.
IMO (not that it matters:) ) silva realized late in the first round that weidman was a true contender after being taken down as well as being wobbled by a punch.

good fights overall, was surprised roger gracie didn't do so well and as much as i like Chris Leben his fighting style doesnt seem to have evolved enough to keep fighting in the UFC, the guy takes more damage in fights then just about any other fighter out there. we might be calling him chuck Jr if he keeps it up. (in the sense that chuck still doesn't make coherent sentenses when he speaks):thumbdown

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

Except who wants to see it now?

The whole allure was that he was so good he needed to leave his division

I was merely pointing out what a big payday he'll now miss out on. I don't expect the Weidman rematch will pay as much although it should still pay well.
I wonder if Burger King wants to back a loser, they have a certain image to maintain :teeth

Dana actually said In the post fight conference basically no super fights now

Which I'm glad Bout. I hated the super fight idea

all in all, the card was pretty darn good...
I'm also glad that "donkey kong" is back... i cant believe boetsch took all those shots... i think i wouldve been throwing up after the first body shot...
edgar/oliveira - great fight
Barboza - is a beast!
Cub Swanson deserves a freaking title fight - 4 fight streak against top opponents...
Dave Herman needs to get cut - he gets knocked out the same way every freaking time
Leben needs to retire - too much head damage and nothing has changed except he's gotten slower (even more)
Tim Kennedy looked ok - i actually walked away from watching it LOL
Weidman - well, he caught Silva.. who's next? I would like to see Vitor go for that belt.. or even Hendo at 185... and also, now Machida and evans would probably consider coming down to 185..

Back