• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Dana actually said In the post fight conference basically no super fights now

Which I'm glad Bout. I hated the super fight idea

Me too. Never made sense.

As far as the conspiracy theory goes, why would Anderson agree/want to get KTFO? There are better ways to throw a fight. He tried to toy with Chris and paid the price.

I think if Anderson hadn't pulled that dumb shit move, he could have been beaten anyways. I think Chris was a little hasty with the leg lock, but was clearly dominant on top and was landing heavier shots than Chael ever did.

I think that Anderson thought "fuck this shit" when he was getting pounded on the ground and decided to dick with Chris to see if he'd do something stupid.

I was actually a little worried Chris would get suckered into the bullshit and that the fight would end up sucking, but the KO was fucking awesome. :laughing I haven't yelled that much at the TV in at least a week or two. :party

When Chris said he wouldn't let Anderson get into his head, I thought he was just blowing smoke like everyone else. Everyone else, but Chael, was defeated before their fights even started. Chris was telling the truth.

MMA, as with many other sports, is as much mental as physical, maybe even more so. Anderson gambled and paid the price and I laffed my arse off. :teeth

Me too. Never made sense.

As far as the conspiracy theory goes, why would Anderson agree/want to get KTFO? There are better ways to throw a fight. He tried to toy with Chris and paid the price.

I think if Anderson hadn't pulled that dumb shit move, he could have been beaten anyways. I think Chris was a little hasty with the leg lock, but was clearly dominant on top and was landing heavier shots than Chael ever did.

I think that Anderson thought "fuck this shit" when he was getting pounded on the ground and decided to dick with Chris to see if he'd do something stupid.

I was actually a little worried Chris would get suckered into the bullshit and that the fight would end up sucking, but the KO was fucking awesome. :laughing I haven't yelled that much at the TV in at least a week or two. :party

When Chris said he wouldn't let Anderson get into his head, I thought he was just blowing smoke like everyone else. Everyone else, but Chael, was defeated before their fights even started. Chris was telling the truth.

MMA, as with many other sports, is as much mental as physical, maybe even more so. Anderson gambled and paid the price and I laffed my arse off. :teeth

most def- he was getting his melon bounced off the mat pretty frigging good with some hard, accurate punches for half of the first round and almost wound up in an arm triangle...that's why he went into clown mode- wanted to stay on the feet at all costs.

Do you recall Forrest getting tapped in the face and flopping because he was being made a fool of?

no, but i recall him getting his jaw cracked while off balance while wading in at Silva throwing punches with his eyes closed....very similar to what Weidman did to da spider- popped him on the jaw with a shot he didn't see coming while wildly off balance.

just saw the barboza fight... gaddamn dem leg kicks!

There's a few things about mma I don't understand.

1. Why guys continue to not protect their head. STOP FIGHTING WITH YOUR HANDS DOWN

2. Why more guys don't develop leg kicks. REAL leg kicks, not the pitter patter shit. Didnt anyone see karate kid 3? "man can't stand, he can't fight"

3, why more guys don't develop effective lead jabs. With four oz gloves jabs do real damage. Just ask koscheck

Occasionally you realize mma is still a really young sport

1. Why guys continue to not protect their head. STOP FIGHTING WITH YOUR HANDS DOWN

2. Why more guys don't develop leg kicks. REAL leg kicks, not the pitter patter shit. Didnt anyone see karate kid 3? "man can't stand, he can't fight"

3, why more guys don't develop effective lead jabs. With four oz gloves jabs do real damage. Just ask koscheck

Because nobody can be 100% on every discipline involved- kinda why it's called MMA...tho some sonsabitches are getting pretty damned close nowadays. Even Silva...that dang rasslin is just his achilles heel, even tho he does have A1 takedown d.

1. I don't get it either. I was yelling at Chris to knock Anderson's block off when he started clowning. :D With the potential of getting taken down, one may not want to hold his hands too high, but you can have decent TDD and still protect your noggin. I was even yelling at Chris Weidman to keep his hands up.

2. There are a few guys who can really throw some gnarly leg kicks, as seen in the undercard (Barbosa), but most can't. I do see that developing, tho. I think you'll see more and more TKO's via leg kicks.

3. Too many guys go for broke every punch. What bugs me is the lack of combos in so many fights. Left hook. Bob, weave, bob, weave. Overhand right. Bob, weave, bob weave. Fuck! Lots of good combos put together in several of the fights on this last card.

Gonna see more Rory MacDonald's coming up in the next few years.

Because nobody can be 100% on every discipline involved- kinda why it's called MMA...tho some sonsabitches are getting pretty damned close nowadays. Even Silva...that dang rasslin is just his achilles heel, even tho he does have A1 takedown d.

I don't think having a good jab and a lead leg kick constitutes being an expert on every discipline lol those are BASICS. A solid boxing basic jab, with four iz gloves, becomes an amazing weapon. It does Tons of damage with little risk or real skill

If I was going to build an mma fighter I would start with a wrestler and get him a solid lead jumping jab, and a good snap leg kick

Too much machismo in the sport still.

I don't think having a good jab and a lead leg kick constitutes being an expert on every discipline lol those are BASICS. A solid boxing basic jab, with four iz gloves, becomes an amazing weapon. It does Tons of damage with little risk or real skill

If I was going to build an mma fighter I would start with a wrestler and get him a solid lead jumping jab, and a good snap leg kick

Too much machismo in the sport still.

i reckon you oughta go get yourself the video game then..

A wrestling base is the best base to start with. Amatuer wrestling will make you carved from stone. Your baseline toughness will be way higher.

Plus you're used to cutting weight

A wrestling base is the best base to start with. Amatuer wrestling will make you carved from stone. Your baseline toughness will be way higher.

Plus you're used to cutting weight

oh i hear ya, i'm just saying you'd be better served by drilling your potential superhero to get real good at reading, checking and shooting on leg kicks than by trying to get him to jose aldo level.

since we are building mmsa fighters and talking technique, am I the only one that sees how much BJJ is falling away? it seems less and less important each event, each year (sans that brasil event wtf was up with that lol)

is it simply that the few effective subs, all the counters are known? or does wrestling sort of dominate the position situation? also, with judges apparently awarding the top position as more important (even when guys in guard are actually more active) are guys moving away from gaurd offense?

since we are building mmsa fighters and talking technique, am I the only one that sees how much BJJ is falling away? it seems less and less important each event, each year (sans that brasil event wtf was up with that lol)

is it simply that the few effective subs, all the counters are known? or does wrestling sort of dominate the position situation? also, with judges apparently awarding the top position as more important (even when guys in guard are actually more active) are guys moving away from gaurd offense?

yea your the only one.

if were building mma fighters here, i call health regeneration and berserker rage as technique. lol.

Back