• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Possible rule change to mma could be huge

Allowing knees and kicks to downed opponents who voluntarily ground themselves (I.e are leaned over and place a hand or finger on the ground, or who fall down on purpose in lame guard pull attempts)

During the 2013 annual Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) meeting, the group will reexamine rules which disallow kicks and knees to a grounded opponent, specifically in the instance where a fighter intentionally grounds himself.

The group is expected to consider a change on July 31, the final day of the convention, according to notes provided by Nick Lembo of the New Jersey Athletic Control Board. The ABC is made up of members of state and tribal athletic commissions across the United States and Canada, and provides the framework for MMA and boxing rules and regulations.

The rule change, which is co-authored by Nevada's Keith Kizer, Ohio's Bernie Profato, and New Jersey's Lembo, would address instances where a fighter appears to be attempting to draw a foul from his opponent.

If the rule passes, it would be put into play and clearly explained to fighters at rules meetings.

It reads as follows:

"Referees should instruct the fighters that they may still be considered a standing fighter even if they have a finger or portion of the hand (or entire hand) on the canvas. In the discretion of the referee, a fighter who has a finger or hand on the canvas may still be legally struck in the head with knees and kicks. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is placing his or her finger or hand down without doing so for an offensive or countering maneuver in an attempt to advance or improve their position. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is instead simply trying to draw a foul. If the referee decides that the fighter is "touching down" simply to benefit from a foul, the referee may consider that fighter a standing fighter and decide that no foul has occurred."

In addition to that, the referee would have the discretion to penalize the offending fighter for timidity through either a warning or point deduction.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/2...hange-to-include-some-knees-kicks-to-grounded

anyone else think that the Korean Zombie is gonna get beaten this weekend?

Possible rule change to mma could be huge

Allowing knees and kicks to downed opponents who voluntarily ground themselves (I.e are leaned over and place a hand or finger on the ground, or who fall down on purpose in lame guard pull attempts)

During the 2013 annual Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) meeting, the group will reexamine rules which disallow kicks and knees to a grounded opponent, specifically in the instance where a fighter intentionally grounds himself.

The group is expected to consider a change on July 31, the final day of the convention, according to notes provided by Nick Lembo of the New Jersey Athletic Control Board. The ABC is made up of members of state and tribal athletic commissions across the United States and Canada, and provides the framework for MMA and boxing rules and regulations.

The rule change, which is co-authored by Nevada's Keith Kizer, Ohio's Bernie Profato, and New Jersey's Lembo, would address instances where a fighter appears to be attempting to draw a foul from his opponent.

If the rule passes, it would be put into play and clearly explained to fighters at rules meetings.

It reads as follows:

"Referees should instruct the fighters that they may still be considered a standing fighter even if they have a finger or portion of the hand (or entire hand) on the canvas. In the discretion of the referee, a fighter who has a finger or hand on the canvas may still be legally struck in the head with knees and kicks. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is placing his or her finger or hand down without doing so for an offensive or countering maneuver in an attempt to advance or improve their position. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is instead simply trying to draw a foul. If the referee decides that the fighter is "touching down" simply to benefit from a foul, the referee may consider that fighter a standing fighter and decide that no foul has occurred."

In addition to that, the referee would have the discretion to penalize the offending fighter for timidity through either a warning or point deduction.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/2...hange-to-include-some-knees-kicks-to-grounded

Interesting. Whatever they choose, I hope its enforced fairly and evenly. Hopefully it doesn't open the door for more potential bad ref calls.

Ortiz VS Rampage
Bellator
PPV

Never wouldve seen it... but i'm intrigued... Ortiz looks like he's in shape, Rampage looks like he's a little pudgy

Tito showed up at TNA pro wrestling event. He's in TNA lol

That Ppv is going to be a bellstor/TNA event I bet

If Rampage takes his Geritol as recommended by his doctor and Tito doesn't break a hip I got this fight going three rounds. I am gonna say Rampage, by cane to the dome.

We should be talking about Aldo, one of the greatest ever. Only chink in his armor is his tough weight cut.

I don't even care if Zombie loses in 5 seconds, I am a fan. He might hang in there and gas him out. He has really performed beyond anyone's expectations. He knocked out Hominck quickly, which Aldo could not do. Zombie ain't no joke!

Bellator is going full retard lol

Machida Davis is the fight I'm looking forward to. Machida is the only Brazilian I'll root for lol I like his style

Bellator is going full retard lol

Machida Davis is the fight I'm looking forward to. Machida is the only Brazilian I'll root for lol I like his style

that could very well be a snoozefest too... Machida running... Davis doing nothing coz he cant catch machida... i see this fight going 2 ways:. Davis will try to go run after Machida for a double leg then getting caught... or both fighters will just be running around away from each other: another Mcdonald/ellenberger fight

Got 50 on zombie at + 600. I'm feeling like a sucker, but we'll see..

Machida drinks his own piss. That disgusts me more than his fighting style, but it's close.

Back