• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Hoping Uriah wins but he seems to be losing his contender hunger as of late.
I'll be watching this tomorrow eve.

What is that for Faber, 6 losses in last 11 fights?

"What a pathetic performance"!

Pretty boring card.

What is that for Faber, 6 losses in last 11 fights?

"What a pathetic performance"!

Apparently, Faber had his rib broken 2 min into the first round. I think he is the only fighter that I have seen to be able to fight 5 rounds with a broken bone (first was a severly broken hand and now this fight with a broken rib). Hopefully he will get another fight and prove he belongs.

Daniel Cormier vs Frank Mir in Sept for the final heavyweight Strikeforce fight! Should be a good one.

Gnahc79 he was also supposed to show at SJ Fit Expo, I think; but didn't show. Bas Ruten, Cung Le, Tito Ortiz,and Herb Dean were there; and I guess some famous wrestler, but I don't know anything about wrestling. I had 3 all access guest passes and only 1 of my friends showed up. >:T

Same event promoter as Long Beach Expo. It's too far away for me, but I was invited as press for LB. :T If you can go, you should definitely check it out. SJ Expo had lots of free schwag and samples!

This Saturday:
Muay thai demo at Ms. Asia America Pageant, Palace of Fine Arts
World Combat Series VI & Rumble On The Rooftop San Diego(Same promoter as SJ & LB)
CSA Legends Seminar Series (Laundry list of WBC champs leading the sessions)
Central Coast Throwdown in Salinas

Next Saturday:
Legends in SF
Show Stoppers 4 in Lodi (I'm going)

Following Saturday:
Dragon House XI in Oakland
Muay Thai World Stand Off in Pomona
559 Fights 4 in Hanford
King of the Cage

Brandon Vera is back!!!!!!!!!
Hope his orbital holds fast.

the Dragon is back!
That was a very fun fight last night.
Machida has some hypnotic ju ju going on.

Great card, good to see Swick back in action. And Varner, tho he shouldn't have shot in on him. I think if he was in better condition, he'd have knocked J-Lo's block off.

Bader is too stiff and basically gave Machida his chin. I'd like to see Vera fight some mid level guys soon.

Awesome card!

That's what fox has been looking for!

I don't believe machida deserves a title shot though. He was thoroughly decimated by jones just one fight ago. Make him fight another fight first.

Jones had already beat everyone on this card. None of them have earned a title shot IMO. Why not sone new blood, gustofsen? The swede, he's been looking great

Gusto needs another fight, at least, I think. But yeah, no one on this card deserves a title shot. Great card, tho.

great fights but i dont think machida deserves a title shot.. he should fight gustafson for # 1 contender.. i'm not a big fan of bader.. he's just pure power with no technique... Rua looked awful and gassed just like Vera... but thats what the UFC wanted to see 2 guys banging toe to toe..

I just dont think anyone in the LHW division can even come close to beating jones.

jones looks significantlyu better in each fight, technique and style wise. rashad I think was the best bet, and he got handled pretrty solidly. I cant see anyoe else standimng a chance. the last yera or so run by jones was so insane, sometime i have a hard time still believing it.

if he beats hendo(and he will) I dont think he'll lose for years

Back