• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Yeah reminds me of when Gracie could just triangle everyone bevause no one knew what to do

Exactly. And his career ended with a sawed-off hayseed on his back, punching him in the head.

Tate showed pretty good defense, but couldn't keep it up. I think a good boxer with good TDD could beat Rousey.

Rousey is one-dimensional , the talent is flooding in and she's gonna get washed out soon enough.

Personally, I'm still going with Zingano winning by KO from a knee to the face.

Last edited:
Exactly. And his career ended with a sawed-off hayseed on his back, punching him in the head.

Tate showed pretty good defense, but couldn't keep it up. I think a good boxer with good TDD could beat Rousey.

i think an olympic level wrestler that's in her league strength-wise is going to give her a problem next month..

Sure, not pure luck. He picked up his leg. He checked a leg kick just like everybody else checks leg kicks. Nothing special at all about what he did.

well...nope. generally what thai fighters will do is pull the leg up and away, keeping the knee and hip loose to dissipate the energy of the contact.

weidman picked it up, targeted the kick to hit his knee below his patella and turned his hip into it.

the difference between the two is the difference between kicking a soccer ball and kicking a fire hydrant.

^ zzactly. that and i really don't think ronda is going to deal well if sara outmuscles her, considering that's how she really wins all of her fights by armbar- because she is considerably stronger than all of her foes thus far...all i know is that imma be in vegas over superbowl and if the odds are at least +300 for mcmann, imma drop a few hundo on that one..it's around +450 for her right now, but that will prob change once vegas starts putting it's thinking cap on when it gets closer to fight time.

Great article that touches on exactly what I was saying

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/12/5301074/technique-talk-ray-longo-deconstructs-the-destruction

Let's start with a basic question: was the particular type of leg check used by Chris Weidman at UFC 168 that eventually lead to the leg break of the all-time great unsportsmanlike?

Whatever it was, it was certainly effective. As Weidman himself later stated, it was intentional. Not the leg breaking part necessarily, but the act of causing enough pain on Silva to deter him from further kicking. The broken shin was an unfortunate result.

Still, there's an issue lingering about the use of the check by Weidman that employs part of the knee and whether such a technique has a place in professional mixed martial arts. Speaking more broadly, it re-raises the question the role of shin checks, why more MMA fighters don't use them and the clash of cultures between Thai boxing and mixed martial arts.

Last edited:
Great article that touches on exactly what I was saying

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/12/5301074/technique-talk-ray-longo-deconstructs-the-destruction

Let's start with a basic question: was the particular type of leg check used by Chris Weidman at UFC 168 that eventually lead to the leg break of the all-time great unsportsmanlike?

Whatever it was, it was certainly effective. As Weidman himself later stated, it was intentional. Not the leg breaking part necessarily, but the act of causing enough pain on Silva to deter him from further kicking. The broken shin was an unfortunate result.

Still, there's an issue lingering about the use of the check by Weidman that employs part of the knee and whether such a technique has a place in professional mixed martial arts. Speaking more broadly, it re-raises the question the role of shin checks, why more MMA fighters don't use them and the clash of cultures between Thai boxing and mixed martial arts.

And what it all boils down to:

If you go back to even that flashback and look at it, listen to Anderson's corner. What advice were they giving him? 'Kick the knee! Kick the knee!' They weren't saying kick the legs. They wanted him to destroy the guy's knee. Go back and look at that flashback. They were focusing on the knee, so after watching that I kind of had a good idea of that's what they're looking to do. We kind of took it away.

I'm of the mindset that you give me the rules of the fight and I'm going to train my guy according to the rules of the fight.

Interesting. BJ Penn accused him of being on HGH... then again, BJ Penn exists on Spam Musubi. I think GSP could be mostly "natural"/clean, but then what really constitutes PEDs? Maybe he's seeing some hard core juicers rising up the ranks plus the whole TRT thing.

Man , what was up with that Romero vs. Brunson ref...

Also...

EM9mFGt.jpg

:party

Back