• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

That card completely sucked, and they should have called a draw on the main event. Machida bicycling for the first 3 almost made me change the fkn channel.

Honestly, these Brazil cards are getting to be ridiculous. They make the fights so damn lopsided just to make the home crowd happy. I mean, what was the fight where the guy was a +1000 underdog? Was that Sato? Sheesh, if it's that bad, the fight shouldn't .

Yep. I pretty much dont bother with the brazil cards anymore.

Ufc in general is at a weird point. Very much becoming boxing like, in their cards. And Dana white legit needs to be put to pasture. Lorenzo needs to step up and take over as public face of it

Anyone catch gilbert Melendez signing with BELLATOR instead of UFC?

That was the suckiest of suck cards in a long time, in my opinion. I always knew they stacked the Brazil cards heavily in favor of the local fighters, but it's gotten so bad its almost embarassing.

Hadn't heard about Melendez. Just looked it up, seems the deal may not be quite done yet, but it's looking to jump ship.

I'm pretty much fed up with White, too. Every time a fighter does something he doesn't like, he tears them a new one. It's old. He just comes across like a lunatic. He's helped get the UFC huge, but he may also be their undoing.

It's over-saturated. Seems like they have five different TUF shows at any given time, the shows themselves have gotten boring, there are too many fighters to keep up with, and there have been too many bad matchups lately.

so is anybody more intrigued by this chubbs cormier/pat cummins media circus than the original chubbs/rashad fight? i realize his chances are very slim, but goddamn do i love an underdog..

Interesting that this card has three Olympians on it

Btw rousey by arm bar. Cause that's her finisher. It should have a cool name at this point.

Last edited:
DC for the win, well as long as he stays away from the Popeye's :laughing

Evans, who was on a conference call with Cormier just last Wednesday, soon thereafter pulled out with a knee injury which will keep him away for six months.

The news sent Cormier on a roller coaster of emotions, which led to a big detour from his weight cut.

"I hear I'm not fighting on Wednesday and I'm all sad," Cormier said. "The only thing that can make a Louisiana boy feel better is Popeyes. It was bad, it was horrible. I had four pieces of chicken and cajun rice, it was so good. I was laying on the ground I felt so bad because I hadn't eaten anything like that in so long, how could it taste so good and be so bad. I was like oh, my stomach's killing me, but I feel so good."

Then UFC president Dana White called the next day, telling him about the Cummins fight. Despite the fact Cummins takes a 4-0 record against subpar competition into the bout, Cormier says he didn't hesitate to accept the fight when offered.

"I didn't want to waste that training camp," said Cormier, who added his nutritionist made him drink three gallons of water to flush the fried chicken out of his system. "I spent a lot of time away from my family when I'm training to, so I really didn't want to waste that, but then the question of, what next? Do I take two weeks off and then prepare for another eight-week camp? Can my body hold up to another eight week camp? There were a lot of questions I didn't have the answer to, so I said, you know what, I want to just compete now."

Doesn't interest me at all. Former champ vs. nobody. This a lose/lose fight. If Cormier wins, who cares. If Cummings wins, it was a "fluke". The drama leading to this fight screams of manufactured drama.

Rashad/Cormier was an interesting fight that I think could have gone either way. This one... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And Rousey is so off-putting, I can't bring myself to give a crap about her fight either. I'll be skipping this card.

DC needs to win this to prove he can cut the weight and be healthy at LHW.

So you're saying her armbar is a gts? Lol

The fight will be won at weigh in. :laughing

If he can't make it or he keels over, then he's fatty fat-cakes. The card is lost without Rashad.

Card sucks, this should be a free fight night.. Dana is clearly all over Poutseys nuts, and the media has been very annoying.

-Cormbread will make weight.

-McMann for the belt. Just cuz I hate Poutsey so much. But I also think shes much stronger of an opponent than anyone else Poutsey has fought. I hope she gets flustered and make a mistake.

Last edited:
I hope Rousey puts away another "the fighter to finally beat her", flips off the booing crowd, and exits the arena.

Rousey will probably win. I hope not, but that's probably how it will go down. White has a stiffy for her for some reason. Trying to make her the new UFC cash cow. Says she's the biggest UFC star ever. Uhhhh... ok? Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Lesnar, Coture, Silva, GSP, etc, etc never existed?

Last edited:
i'm just glad that there is a high probability of someone getting slammed out on this card...it's been too long.

rousey/mcmann has the potential to be 4-5 bloody rounds, and maia/rory could be a lot of ground and pound too. i'm liking this card, myself. not to mention imma win a grand when cummins slams chubbs out with a belly to belly suplex onto his big head, now that someone can get their arms around him :laughing

I'm wavering on purchasing the PPV........
I do enjoy the women's matches and the weigh in seem to highlight the fun that is coming our way today.

stop watching so much wwe and the real stuff will seem exciting again, I promise.

OkGPM.gif

Back