• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

It wasn't premature... I don't think... Rousey nailed Sara with a nasty knee to the liver and McMann dropped to the floor and shut down. If Herb Dean didn't stop the fight, Ronda would probably have gone for an arm bar soon and broke McMann's shit off or pounded her face in.

The complaints are only coming because Herb allowed Pyle to beat the shit out of Waldburger a little longer than necessary earlier in the card before calling it.

Last edited:
Well, if you get a chance, watch the Pyle/Waldburger fight if you can find it online or something. It was a 'little' late on the stoppage, I think, compared to what you usually see by UFC refs. After being dropped by a spinning back elbow, I think, some clean knees and elbows and then full back mount ground and pound, it went on for a little while...

I think the Rousey/McMann stoppage was about the same as the Barao/Faber stoppage. Maybe it looked early but it was pretty much over and a fighter was saved from a few more nasty blows.

McDonald looks like a man possessed. He is going to climb to the top soon.
Much more hype than fight last night but as always, I enjoyed the matches cause I love the sport.

It wasn't premature... I don't think... Rousey nailed Sara with a nasty knee to the liver and McMann dropped to the floor and shut down. If Herb Dean didn't stop the fight, Ronda would probably have gone for an arm bar soon and broke McMann's shit off or pounded her face in.

The complaints are only coming because Herb allowed Pyle to beat the shit out of Waldburger a little longer than necessary earlier in the card before calling it.

that pretty much sums it up- liver shots can temporarily paralyze you and she couldn't react...it's just that in a title fight, you've gotta give them a chance to recover. it wasn't a horrible stoppage, it's just his stunning lack of consistency.

the first three fights were outstanding, cormier/cummins went exactly like it should have and the main event was cut short, courtesy of the good ol vagus nerve and a ref that didn't want to see unnecessary damage...to a woman :laughing

Women don't seem to possess knockout power. I don't think Rousey would of done a lot of damage had the fight been allowed to continue for a few more seconds. Although McMann wasn't contesting the stoppage so perhaps a good call.

Was hoping to see Rory go to sleep but Maia look very 1 dimensional and gassed super fast after that body kick. There goes $5 :laughing

Cormbread was sure pissed off easiest $240k ever?

Herbs on fire with these belt fight stoppages lately eh? Looked like Mcmanly was standing up to me, whats a few more taps when a belt is on the line?

Women don't seem to possess knockout power. I don't think Rousey would of done a lot of damage had the fight been allowed to continue for a few more seconds. Although McMann wasn't contesting the stoppage so perhaps a good call.

That's because McManly is a true sportsman, that fight wouldn't have ended like that if it was Rousey on her knee.

With almost non existent damage Rhonda is taking I could see her fighting twice more this year.

Rhonda is good, but man the women's division is as deep as a Dixie cup

but man the women's division is as deep as a Dixie cup

This is why I could give a flying shit about Rousey's championship. She's a top notch athlete, but it seems the rest of the division is 10 years behind. Snooze fest.

And then you have a guy who could probably be considered top 10, maybe even top 5 in two divisions beating on *$'s employees/part time fighters. Yawn.

So glad I didn't buy this card.

Is it me or is Dana White getting more and more batshit crazy? Especially over the past year or two.

Is it me or is Dana White getting more and more batshit crazy? Especially over the past year or two.

His ego has certainly reached critically douchey levels..

Attachments

• 484521468_aa4da9fb76.jpg
    484521468_aa4da9fb76.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 56
TUF 20 Pettis / Melendez ,could be interesting.. (assuming Pettis can stay healthy...)

1dkCpNa.jpg

Delayed probably fornever.. Mendes will probably get a shot at Aldo.

unfortunately, considering that mendes got completely rooked in the most recent rematch of the current contenders.

cub should get the go- he's on a five fight tear against better ranked opponents than mendes and has evolved more than anybody since his last crack at jose..

unfortunately, considering that mendes got completely rooked in the most recent rematch of the current contenders.

cub should get the go- he's on a five fight tear against better ranked opponents than mendes and has evolved more than anybody since his last crack at jose..

I think cub has a better shot than Mendez. That assuming he's worked on avoiding flying knees to the face. :laughing

Back