• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

this is the kind of shit they show at BJJ exhibitions. ridiculous to see it in a real match

00.gif

Only watched the prelims cuz I didn't want to give Jones my munnee. :D Also, the only fight that intrigued me was the Johnson/Davis fight.

The Gomi fight was awesome.

Also the Joeaconstrictor was pretty sick as well. :D Dude was freaking out. Kinda nightmare stuff, tho... getting choked the fugg out yet not being able to tap. Yikes.

PS, Big Country will KTFO Jon Jones. :D

Last edited:
Why don't y'all just go to the local bar to watch the fight? Reading a lot of posts about not wanting to buy the fight.

So don't drink and find a hole in the wall. I was up in SF and Stockton this weekend. Went to a bar in Lodi. Almost nobody there but they had the fight.

Last fight I paid money for was Silva/Weidman I.

First, you end up spending as much on food, drink, and sometimes even a cover, as you would at home. Second, I hate people, too. :D Plus, you can't drink much cuz you gotta drive home.

Tired of paying for mediocre fights, especially when MMA on t3h teevee is near saturation levels.

Already paying for cable, so that means WSOF, Belator, TUF and UFC prelims (for the most part) are included. So, you want me to pay for PPV and FightPass too? C'mon...

The fight pass thing is a big miss IMO. Subscriber rates are way low.

Abd really WWE's network was the model UFC should have taken

Spike was almost the UFC network until they jumped ship. Dana was too focused on getting a FOX deal. [forgot to mention the free FOX fights] I don't think UFC could swing an entire FOX channel on their own, but they coulda locked up Spike, pretty much, and I just do not get Fight Pass. Pay extra to watch people I've mostly never heard of? Uhh... no?

do you get the PPV's with the fight pass? even on a delay?

Ah that's lame. They should at least do like a couple of days delay but still show the PPVs

If they did that, I *might* sign up for it. But then again, I wager their PPV numbers would drop noticibly.

yep. ufc has the inverse of WWE. WWE did mostly shitty PPV outside of their big 4, but made tons of $$ of TV and have big ratings,

UFC has shit ratings but makes $$ of PPV.

so when you get wwe network, you get every PPV included. ufc fight pass gives you access to jobber fights at weird times live, and no PPV :laughing

seriously, the cards are getting WEAK. like cain v werdum was just announced in mewxico city for novermber. the rest of the card is TUF latin guys. who cares!

Totally.

Dana probably thinks he knows better. I wonder what the income disparity is between the two outfits. WWE is more established, but still. I think they botched this one. I never thought I'd say this, cuz I used to not be able to get enough of it, but they need to cut the number of fights. PPV's should be STACKED, front to back. All the jobber fights should be free.

instead of UFC 170, 171, etc

i wish they would just have the 4 big (MMania?) events throughout the year with all of the big names on all of the cards top to bottom. then have little events in between for the prelim fighters and the maybe the odd headliner here and there.

make that the one big event of that year. make it have like championship defenses and grudge matches up and down the cards.

guarantee they're selling out 80K+ arenas and record breaking PPV buys with that

Back