• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

sonnen tests positive for two estrogen inhibitors and is oiut of fight with vitor (who wasnt liscenced anyway)

will appeal he says, and claims he fully disclosed it all and was under supervision from a doctor to come off of TRT

I get it for instances of a champ out on injury for an extended period of time. I just dunno what Cormier was talking about with the interim stuff...

there was asome talk jones would stretch out talks and would not actually be under contract

Sheesh. Wonder who the hell is going to be on the TUF Brazil finale, then. Who cares, it will all be stacked with Brazilians fighting over-matched, under-sized fighters. :laughing

Altho the last Brazil card backfired pretty good, which was pretty sweet. :D

Ross Pearson to get win bonus of $30k, plus the UFC will treat his last fight as a win, in terms of upcoming fights.

Good, I like Pearson, I was rooting for him during his TUF season. Fuggin' LOVED watching him give Sotoropolis a thorough beatdown. Unfortunate that he wasn't able to put Diego to sleep, but that was the most ridiculous robbery I've ever seen. I've seen some seriously debatable judging, but anyone who gave a single round to Diego either doesn't know WTF they are watching or got bought, period.

sonnen announces retirement from MMA, citing inability to fight without TRT, and health concerns

peoples champ retires the undeafted middleweight and lihht heavywiegh champ :laughing

Tomorrow is the first PPV I will miss all year :(

I hope T-wood wrecks Rory, I think he is aggressive enough and won't let Rory touch him with teh jab

Really hoping Arlovski ruins Schaub and can make a run at the title.

The main event should be fun aswell, rooting for MM so Dodson can get the rematch

Tomorrow is the first PPV I will miss all year :(

I hope T-wood wrecks Rory, I think he is aggressive enough and won't let Rory touch him with teh jab

Really hoping Arlovski ruins Schaub and can make a run at the title.

The main event should be fun aswell, rooting for MM so Dodson can get the rematch

I'm on the fence about Woodley and Rory. Could go either way me thinks. More in Rory's favor longer the fight goes on?

I don't see Arlovski making a title run at this point. Beating Schaub ain't really gonna make anybody think he might be starting a trek to the belt, I don't think.

DJ should win but *shrug* Barao got Deebo'd so never know. Want DJ to win though cuz of all the dummies talking about how all these Russian fighters are gonna be running things soon.

Would have liked to see DJ finish Ali instead of going the distance but oh well. I didn't think he'd lose but I hoped he'd win more decisively.

Good on Rory, I guess. I figured the longer the fight went on, the better his chances of winning would be. But for a fight that is lining up contenders for a title shot, fights that go to the judges don't really make a big statement. Lawler is probably going to own Brown and get another shot at the belt, while McDonald will likely be left in the top 2 or 3 spot forever. Maybe get a title fight some time only to get an ass kicking and be relegated again to high ranking int he division but not really a threat to the title.

Last edited:
Flyweights just don't do it for me. I respect the skill and athleticism, but can't get excited avout it

Well, kinda hard to get excited about it when you have someone like DJ dominating the weight class.

Back