• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Rumor going around that a co main event will be added to 178 (Jones vs Cormier) that will really add some ppv value

My guess is Diaz or Ronda. I hope it turns out to be true. Probably know this week if true or not

diaz vs rousey? that could be fun!

Silva by KO even though I am a Diaz fan. Diaz is tailor made to get knocked out by Silva.

Diaz will walk forward until he gets KO'ed. Silva will clown him. I just do not see Diaz punches in bunches lasting with the counter striking and accuracy/power of Silva

I would assume the odds on this fight will be -300 for Silva and +220 for Diaz

Everything Diaz is good at, silva is better. Plus much bigger. A guy who should be a lightweight against LHW.

Good grief, why even bother? This is going to be almost.... ALMOST as bad as when Randy fought James Toney.

Well seeing that it is the SuperBowl weekend card I am sure there will be another big fight on there

So the rumor has shifted to Donald Cerrone vs Alvarez at 178!!!

This is from Donald's twitter:

The answer is yes to everyone who keeps if id take the fight. @ufc @danawhite already have my signature,ready today! Next week. Say the word

Good grief, why even bother? This is going to be almost.... ALMOST as bad as when Randy fought James Toney.

Because no matter what anyone's opinion is on the fight match up, it's a big deal hype wise and fan interest wise.

Plus, niggas is gon' get pizzaid big time.

I dunno, man, as a long time MMA fan, this doesn't interest me at all. I think this is more interesing to people who watch fatasses pound on each other at those Tuff Man competitions. In other words, they want to see someone get KTFO, badly. Which is fine and all, but these guys are essentially three weight classes apart which potentially makes for a lopsided fight. Reminds me of some of the PRIDE freak-show fights. It should be a side show, not a main event, especially not PPV.

Besides, Diaz is a doofus and makes it hard for me to cough up money to see him fight. I just simply don't care about him any more. At all. Just go away.

Shit, I'd fight Anderson for whatever Diaz is gonna get paid. Who wouldn't?

I'd like to see Anderson fight again soon, but maybe at LHW. Anderson Vs. Rumble?

Because no matter what anyone's opinion is on the fight match up, it's a big deal hype wise and fan interest wise.

Plus, niggas is gon' get pizzaid big time.

yup it is, huge interest.

but Im with animal, I dont get it.

diaz's strentgths, wel theyre andersens strengths, except andersen is WAY better at those. andersen is a better striker, by FAR, and has better BJJ. plus hes way fuckig bigger.

this is a gimme fight for andersen, and a cash grab for diaz who knows hes gunna lose. its one of the more lopsided matchups ive seen

Diaz walks around at 180, and a skinny 180.

He should be a LW. Fighting a guy that's fought at LHW and won

Yeah, I've bumped into Diaz before, (well almost, didn't wanna get the 209 schlap) and while he's fairly lanky, there are way, way bigger guys fighting at 170. Anderson walks around at what 220?

Watch, Diaz will weigh in a few pounds under 185 and Anderson will weigh in at the limit. And the size difference on the mat will be painfully obvious.

yup it is, huge interest.

but Im with animal, I dont get it.

diaz's strentgths, wel theyre andersens strengths, except andersen is WAY better at those. andersen is a better striker, by FAR, and has better BJJ. plus hes way fuckig bigger.

this is a gimme fight for andersen, and a cash grab for diaz who knows hes gunna lose. its one of the more lopsided matchups ive seen

two out of three ain't bad :laughing

nick absolutely needs to put on 10 lbs of muscle, which he is still young enough to do pretty easily...i thought he would for gsp tho, so he probably wont here either. otherwise, his technical bjj advantage is shit because he will get smothered. i also like how he defends the thai plumb by mashing his head into the opponents neck/chest and ripping the body and he's gonna need more strength for that to work with silva...also don't forget that nick has never been subbed.

i don't think he has a great chance even if he does a lot of strength training, which he clearly didn't for gsp and i thought he would have. the biggest variable is how andy bounces back with the mental side of the injury and if father time is going to be a factor. some fighters get old very quickly. chuck liddell is a perfect example.

I dunno, man, as a long time MMA fan, this doesn't interest me at all. I think this is more interesing to people who watch fatasses pound on each other at those Tuff Man competitions. In other words, they want to see someone get KTFO, badly. Which is fine and all, but these guys are essentially three weight classes apart which potentially makes for a lopsided fight. Reminds me of some of the PRIDE freak-show fights. It should be a side show, not a main event, especially not PPV.

Besides, Diaz is a doofus and makes it hard for me to cough up money to see him fight. I just simply don't care about him any more. At all. Just go away.

Shit, I'd fight Anderson for whatever Diaz is gonna get paid. Who wouldn't?

I'd like to see Anderson fight again soon, but maybe at LHW. Anderson Vs. Rumble?

I'm not saying your view isn't on point. Just that you asked why even bother and that's why. You already knew that too.

I don't think there's any way Anderson wasn't going to be headlining an event when he came back.

Yup. $$$. It's always about munnee, but this one is odd, at least to me. I don't have much interest in it, tho it appears a lot of people do, according to t3h innan3tz.

I do like Tim Kennedy's response, tho... in order to get a title shot or a big money main event, you have to get popped for roids or lose two in a row. :laughing

Not that I see Kennedy as a huge draw, but he's got a point.

Anderson is Anderson. Dispite the last two losses, he does still deserve at least a co-main. But Diaz? Headscratcher.

Well, I wanted to see this fight, and still do. But I do think the size difference isn't going to help Nick, lol.

As much running/tri he does he just doesn't carry much extra weight.

But, I don't think Silva is better in every way. Pound for pound, Nick's BJJ is very good and I would like to think as good as Adersons. And, his boxing is better.

But, as others have noted: walking into Silva is going to hurt. The guy is a counter shot master.

Meh, I'll buy that shit in a heartbeat. This is a fight between two MMA legends. Comparing this to that Toney spectacle is sheer haterade.

Well, I wanted to see this fight, and still do. But I do think the size difference isn't going to help Nick, lol.

As much running/tri he does he just doesn't carry much extra weight.

But, I don't think Silva is better in every way. Pound for pound, Nick's BJJ is very good and I would like to think as good as Adersons. And, his boxing is better.

But, as others have noted: walking into Silva is going to hurt. The guy is a counter shot master.

Meh, I'll buy that shit in a heartbeat. This is a fight between two MMA legends. Comparing this to that Toney spectacle is sheer haterade.

Boxing maybe, but this is mma, and you can kick lol I don't think his boxing is all that great (IMO its overrated and condit showed lt) but his overall striking is not better than Silvas

You're talking about a guy who's never had UFC gold versus arguably the greatest champ of all time, and a guy way bigger than him.

Nicks on an even longer layoff than silva, and suffered an embarrassing defeat by Gsp, utterly hsving been dominated. His bjj is so "good" yet Gsp wasn't even half scared at taking him to the ground

Last edited:
Back