• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Condit didn't show that Diaz had over rated boxing. He showed in MMA you can run away from a guy for the whole fight and take a few shots and still win.
Don't mean that to sound snaky, as I am a Condit fan and think he did what he should to win.
But, Nick Diaz is a great boxer and had Condit boxed with him he would have been beat to shit in the first two rounds.

And, GSP certainly didn't dominate Nick like Silva was dominated by Chris Weid. Silva got knocked out and then suffered a horrible leg break. GSP won a decision, like all of his fights, purely because of his threat of takedowns. Without his killer takedowns, he would have lost a long time ago. GSP did not out box Nick. He threw his long power jab thing (maybe his only effective punch?)and did take downs. That is all he has, which is why he can never knock anybody out or even finish anybody. Not hating on GSP but this just seems so utterly clear, that I am surprised it always needs to be pointed out? His domination comes from wrestling, not from striking.

Agree with your assessment though.

Condit landed more strikes than Diaz Tho? He showed at least to me, that Diaz has great volume and hand speed, but little ability to deal with angles cuts and foot movement.

Also I didn't mean to imply Gsp out struck Diaz. I meant to say despite diaz bjj Gsp handled him on the ground.

Diaz is good, but I think personally he's overrated, and never faced someone as good as silva.

Depends on how silva comes back tho. If he's tentative about strikes, Diaz is Gunns pounce

Diaz got ragdolled by GSP and barely ever even put up any sort of offense. That fight was embarassing and showed he didn't belong in there. At all.

My point with the Toney comparison is that it's almost a foregone conclusion. Yeah, Diaz could win, but I seriously doubt it. Had Silva not fought Weidman, he'd probably still be holding the belt. Diaz will never hold the UFC belt in any weight class.

Condit landed more strikes than Diaz Tho? He showed at least to me, that Diaz has great volume and hand speed, but little ability to deal with angles cuts and foot movement.

Peepz who lost to the Diaz bros are generally peepz who stood there in front of them. Cerrone could have and should have beat Nate, but he just stood there. He could have leg-kicked Diaz until he couldn't stand up as Nate had no response to that. instead, he got sucked into the BS and stood there and got pitter pattered. If they ever fight again, Cerrone will pile drive Nate into next week.

Also I didn't mean to imply Gsp out struck Diaz. I meant to say despite diaz bjj Gsp handled him on the ground.

Diaz is good, but I think personally he's overrated, and never faced someone as good as silva.

Depends on how silva comes back tho. If he's tentative about strikes, Diaz is Gunns pounce

Hard to disagree with any of that. :cool

Diaz got ragdolled by GSP and barely ever even put up any sort of offense. That fight was embarassing and showed he didn't belong in there. At all.

My point with the Toney comparison is that it's almost a foregone conclusion. Yeah, Diaz could win, but I seriously doubt it. Had Silva not fought Weidman, he'd probably still be holding the belt. Diaz will never hold the UFC belt in any weight class.

Ever since Nick banged your old lady, it's impossible for you to post anything even remotely reasonable about him.

Also, this commentary on Luke Rockhold from ViTtTor

Say what you want about the dude but his commentary is always entertaining.

"I think they are just afraid. I understand. That playboy is still in shock from the kick. He's in shock. People are in shock. That's the word. Lions don't apologize for being lions. I don't. It is what it is. When you get knocked out, just shut your mouth, go to the gym and train. 18 years ago, all of these boys were in high school, and right now they think they are going to use me as a ladder? But the ladder is so high, the altitude is so high they cannot breathe. Hey bro, the altitude is too high."

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Ever since Nick banged your old lady, it's impossible for you to post anything even remotely reasonable about him.

Sounds like you've done a little too much nekked jiu jitsu with the Diaz bros. Rear naked autoerotic asphyxiation IDB has cut off oxygen to your noggin.

Well, GSP is a totally different specimen compared to Nick Diaz. Just look how more physical GSP is. Being that big and strong would be easy to take down someone like Nick Diaz. All GSP did was take him down and throw short elbows and punches and not a slit of threat to Diaz. All he did was made Diaz spit more during the fight. Never attempted to submit Diaz because he knew if he tried to attempt, he leaves a window for Diaz to counter and submit him. If you look at the fight, GSP doesn't even attempt to get on Diaz back because he was afraid that Nick would gain top position after rolling over. Remember Diaz did stuff GSP take downs several times and got up after several take downs also. GSP has not submitted or KO'd someone for 5 years, but have not been submitted himself for 8 years. Which is impressive also. GSP just played the game and won.

When you see GSP and Diaz standing toe to toe. Diaz was winning. Will Anderson Silva do the same game plan as GSP. Fuck no.

If Diaz does not get knock out during training and doesn't need to dehydrate(I think) Diaz chin is going to be stronger than Silva's.

To Diaz credit, this thread blew up once he came back lol

Diaz shoulda done metamoris.

Diaz. Conor Mcgregor, and Ronda are the most talked about MMA fighter right now. Even before Diaz agreed to come back too. Jones might be in there also.

Can we start a "How many kicks will Anderson throw" poll. This will be an AWESOME fight. Nick is literally the only guy crazy enough to taunt Anderson in the Ring.

Cormier will go the distance with JBJ. Write that down.

Can we start a "How many kicks will Anderson throw" poll. This will be an AWESOME fight. Nick is literally the only guy crazy enough to taunt Anderson in the Ring.

From a physical or mental setback point of view? Physically, his leg should be good as it was before.

Would be more mental than anything, I guess. We'll see.

Back