• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made 21 hours of a 24 hour fast attempt. Never done anything like this, it was all fine and dandy up to hour 19 when my spaceship left the ground.... I began loosing cognitive ability. Anyway, that's ~7 hours of ketosis. I might try it again Tuesday.

20 minute row
55 minute hike with 30 minutes of near-peak cardio.

I had a 100z whey protein shake about an hour ago and will have a chicken, bean, and rice burrito in an hour.

I go 16-20 hours every day with a 24 once per week. Seems a lot the first time but becomes no big deal after a few tries. You have to keep busy though and not think about it. If I'm sitting around home I'll end up eating out of boredom.
Out riding and I don't even think about it.

4 miles down today, got to cleaning stuff around the house and started playing with the idea of buying a squat rack for home since they're not entirely out of stock anymore. i had a 140$ set of CAP squat stands in the cart that got bought out from under me. lol oh well. the biggest problem is finding space, but then again it might be another few months before gyms reopen.

lunch:
2 double stuf oreos
2 pepperidge farm farmhouse cookies
1 liter of water

dinner:
3 beef short ribs
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
couple of chicken thighs
1 coke zero

leftover cals:
more cookies
tortilla chips
couple oz melted colby jack cheese

I go 16-20 hours every day with a 24 once per week. Seems a lot the first time but becomes no big deal after a few tries. You have to keep busy though and not think about it. If I'm sitting around home I'll end up eating out of boredom.
Out riding and I don't even think about it.

Do you drink green tea to stave off the hunger? I was advised to, besides water, drink 8oz of green tea whenever the hunger pangs hit.

I've been pounding so much water, green tea with pomegranate (purchased accidentally but quite gooid), green tea with jasmine, coffee, and sparkling water since I quit drinking alcohol and some nights I wake up literally 4x-5x to pee lol

Today is day 15

Cut back on fluid intake about 4 hours before going to bed and you should get that under control.

When we first moved down here, it was 108 and stayed in the hundreds for several weeks. I was drinking so much water that I was waking up twice a night to pee.

Do you drink green tea to stave off the hunger? I was advised to, besides water, drink 8oz of green tea whenever the hunger pangs hit.

Nothing but water. There is no hunger once it becomes a routine. Unless if you're sitting around and watching someone else eat, then food starts creeping into your mind.
I do sometimes drink green tea in the evening after meal but no never to fight off a hunger feeling.

For us here reading these posts hunger is a psychological state. We never reach the point to true physical hunger. If you're less than 10% bodyfat that might be a different scenario but thats not me.

For us here reading these posts hunger is a psychological state.

I would respectfully disagree with that because of the hormone Ghrelin, which is produced by the gut to make one feel hunger. I suppressed it with green tea. With that said, I'd be willing to bet the gut secretes less and less as you condition your body to fasting.

IMO

feelings like hunger, pain, etc are physiological (usually), such that something causes them. they really do exist. but you always interpret these feelings. someone may feel hungry and ignore it for hours. another may feel hunger and go binge fast food. the magnitude of your response is psychological.

I think I need to be eating more (good) foods. I’m 5’11” and 164 lb s

In my world that means whole grains, no processed sugar, unprocessed meats, egg whites only, fatty acid rich nuts and avocados, with a lot of milk (whey) protein. Lots of broccoli and spinach too.

Last edited:
IMO

feelings like hunger, pain, etc are physiological (usually), such that something causes them. they really do exist. but you always interpret these feelings. someone may feel hungry and ignore it for hours. another may feel hunger and go binge fast food. the magnitude of your response is psychological.

My brain often tells me I want a slice of cheesecake. Its also physiological but its not really hunger.
As long as you have extra fat to burn you're not going to suffer any ill effects of hunger.

My brain often tells me I want a slice of cheesecake. Its also physiological but its not really hunger.
As long as you have extra fat to burn you're not going to suffer any ill effects of hunger.

thats not hunger at all. that example isnt really relevant even to your original point, IMO.

the whole convo is gray areas. so its hard to talk about.

Last edited:
thats not hunger at all. that example isnt really relevant even to your original point, IMO.

the whole convo is gray areas. so its hard to talk about.

Obese people continuing to eat isn't hunger either but something psychological is driving their desires.
You either get my point or you don't but either way its all okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back