• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find I can put down processed sugar even when relatively "full" which I assume is something wired in our brains from when sugar was scarce. If I'm "hungry" for reals my body craves carbs and protein. I've never found the right time to "indulge" in sweet sugary snack food where I don't feel bad about it.

4 miles down, brogability done and did a little bit of floor press with 135 to see how it feels without a rack or anything. it's manageable but i wouldn't try to go heavier than 225 with it since dismounting involves bridging up to catch the weight.

lunch:
2 pepperidge farm farmhouse cookies
2 double stuf oreos
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz ribeye
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice
2 eggs

leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons
tortilla chips
colby jack cheese

Speaking of two plates (225#) I'm doing bent-rows, last set I seriously had to take a knee because I thought I was going to pass out.

Soundtrack: GG Alin

20 minute row
bent rows sets of 8 to failure, 13 sets @ 225lbs.
lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure, 8 sets @ 220
20 minute row

Calorie restricted diet of Magic Spoons, whey protein shake, a chicken, spinach, broccoli, and some whole grain peanut butter pretzels. All said and done ~2200 calories.

Strava worked for recording my time and distance but it doesn't work with stand alone bluetooth heartrate monitors. Why?

What app tracks my heartrate for the run and doesn't have a subscription fee?

Also Marty the dog kept up for the 2 miles :)

Strava worked for recording my time and distance but it doesn't work with stand alone bluetooth heartrate monitors. Why?

What app tracks my heartrate for the run and doesn't have a subscription fee?

Also Marty the dog kept up for the 2 miles :)
Fitbit and Garmin, to name a few. Heard apple watches do too.

3x5 yesterday

Bench | Bent over row | Deadlift

Sweet potato hash for breakfast - turkey sausage, diced sweet potato, peppers/onions/mushrooms, and 2 eggs

chicken boobs, brussels and mushrooms for dinner. Also a couple of slices of sharp cheeddar.

Then the power went out, so I hung out with my neighbors outside and enjoyed a couple vodka sodas.

Right around 1800 calories but blew way through my carb allotment lol. Scale is still going the right way.

3x5 yesterday

Bench | Bent over row | Deadlift

Sweet potato hash for breakfast - turkey sausage, diced sweet potato, peppers/onions/mushrooms, and 2 eggs

chicken boobs, brussels and mushrooms for dinner. Also a couple of slices of sharp cheeddar.

Then the power went out, so I hung out with my neighbors outside and enjoyed a couple vodka sodas.

Right around 1800 calories but blew way through my carb allotment lol. Scale is still going the right way.

Well done my man! Maybe next time try 4 egg whites with only one yolk- betcha don't notice the diff, but the scale will.

Obese people continuing to eat isn't hunger either but something psychological is driving their desires.
You either get my point or you don't but either way its all okay.

you are posting like the issue is black & white. thats the main problem I have with what your are typing. what uve typed here cant apply to every obese person in all situations. its much more likely that every person eating is some combination of physiological hunger and psychological not-hunger, with the relative amounts changing wildly for each person and each situation. IMO, understanding this does a better job of framing this conversations so they can be productive.

hang weights off a belt or dumbbell in a backpack has worked for me in the past. i had a dedicated dip belt for weighted dips and pull ups. if i was gonna improvise something, i would use paracord since its cheap and way stronger than you need it to be.

4 miles down, brogability done before and after the run. bought a squat rack today off amazon for 299$ (supposed to arrive by june 17th. we'll see)

Link (at the time i posted this, still in stock for 299)
https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Real...+rack&qid=1591157594&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-12

Lunch:
2 double stuf oreos
4 oz. tortilla chips
2 oz. colby jack cheese
4 oz. chicken

Dinner:
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
16 oz. seared chicken thighs
1 diet sierra mist

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons
pepperidge farm cookies (probably mostly farmhouse)
1/4 can of pringles (sour cream n onion)

I see they’re not very expensive so maybe I will Millhouse. Maybe I will.

Ordered jump rope. Always wanted to get good at that.

Last edited:
ran 3 miles and walked 1 today. on the way back decided to see what time i could get for the last mile (crapload of hills) if i haul ass. got the last mile in 7:45. brogability done and shopping for a utility bench now. the amazon squat rack i bought is actually on sale for cheaper right now directly through amazon (255$), probably not worth the return and rebuy, but requested a price adjustment.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4I8FOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

lunch:
3 pepperidge farm tahoe cookies
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz ribeye steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
1 diet sierra mist

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons
half a tube of sour cream and onion pringles

Speaking of two plates (225#) I'm doing bent-rows, last set I seriously had to take a knee because I thought I was going to pass out.

Soundtrack: GG Alin

20 minute row
bent rows sets of 8 to failure, 13 sets @ 225lbs.
lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure, 8 sets @ 220
20 minute row

Calorie restricted diet of Magic Spoons, whey protein shake, a chicken, spinach, broccoli, and some whole grain peanut butter pretzels. All said and done ~2200 calories.

Thats a shit load of sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back