• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep hate those assholes too.

I had to replace a cable on my machine after just a year and it wasn't even getting heavy use. Freyed where it was crimped.

What kind of machine? Amber Frayed?

Tried to buy kettle bells at the start of Covid. Those are harder to get than toilet paper! Sounds like I’ll stick to body weight exercises and maybe look into the rubber bands later. I can do dips and push ups, although I’ve gotten shoulder pain from the dips before. I think I’m doing them wrong... I’ll check out some YouTube stuff about correct form. Pull-ups are not gonna happen. I don’t think I’ve done one since 5th grade.

So how many do I do of push ups and dips? 10? Work up by 10 every other day or something? What should be a goal? 50 each?

Some say dips are not good for the joints.
Pushups - go til failure, rest a bit, do more. You should see improvement. With the improvement, pull-ups may be possible then.
Every day is fine, I would think.

Tried to buy kettle bells at the start of Covid. Those are harder to get than toilet paper! Sounds like I’ll stick to body weight exercises and maybe look into the rubber bands later. I can do dips and push ups, although I’ve gotten shoulder pain from the dips before. I think I’m doing them wrong... I’ll check out some YouTube stuff about correct form. Pull-ups are not gonna happen. I don’t think I’ve done one since 5th grade.

So how many do I do of push ups and dips? 10? Work up by 10 every other day or something? What should be a goal? 50 each?
You can get another type of resistance bands to help with your pullups and also use them for other exercises.

images

I have a set of bands and you can do a lot with them. Dont forget to balance out push movements with pull movements. (Rows, facepulls, curls).

Wow--a lot of good info here, thanks!

*no room for a bench set, but I can store smaller things.

*and thanks for the reminder to balance out. I've messed up a shoulder swimming years ago by not "balancing".

Wow--a lot of good info here, thanks!

*no room for a bench set, but I can store smaller things.

*and thanks for the reminder to balance out. I've messed up a shoulder swimming years ago by not "balancing".

[youtube]vi1-BOcj3cQ[/youtube]

Jeff is the man.

Day off work today and leaving this afternoon for an overnight in a super secret secluded area so I did a morning workout.

Morning workouts SUCK. Wow.

Bench 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Deadlift 3x5

Gonna scramble a couple eggs with chicken apple sausage, and then probably say fuck it and cheat for dinner tonight and tomorrow cause bday festivities.

Scale still going the right direction.

[youtube]vi1-BOcj3cQ[/youtube]

Jeff is the man.

Jeff is the man! Dips are a fundamental exercise IMO. They're great for multi training, IME.

Oops missed your question last night.

This thing, the first cable frayed where it loops into the crimp connection. Something to lookout for.

LEj2qcrl.jpg

Oh yeah, ugh. Nice setup. Probably came from your headstand leg extensions, mule kick routine!

I see the weirdest shit in the gym people do...alot of the things make ME hurt, just watching!

Soundtrack: AC/DC "Highway to Hell"

20 minute row
10 runs up water tower hill w/ 50lb weighted vest
10 sets of leg lifts to failure
5 sets of knee raises to failure

Usual diet of coffee, chicken, salmon, egg whites, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, whey protein. ~2200 calories (not counting the 1 pint of B&J I ate at 1am +1600 calories).

Last edited:
Heather I'd be glad to come over and train you personally...*Is leg-hump still okay post-Me Too? My sincere apologies if not.

You know I'm very married and on the wrong side of 40, but hey, it's nice to know someone still cares enough to try. :laughing

Is below what's in store for me? :later

Soundtrack: AC/DC "Highway to Hell"

20 minute row
10 runs up water tower hill w/ 50lb weighted vest
10 sets of leg lifts to failure
5 sets of knee raises to failure

Usual diet of coffee, chicken, salmon, egg whites, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, whey protein. ~2200 calories (not counting the 1 pint of B&J I ate at 1am +1600 calories).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back