• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like these scales may not be very accurate in terms of body fat reading because you're starting to see my abs and I'm still over 18%

what do you think your bodyfat percentage is? 18% is pretty normal.

This is what really works for me, lots of sets of a compound lift that engages the whole area I'm working on. I have never worked arms and this is the result:

DEpWc6q.jpg

Soundtrack: Omnia, Paul van Dyk

Fasting 4pm yesterday to 12pm today
20 minute row
Shoulder press sets of 8 to failure 15 sets @ 155lbs.
150 leg lifts in sets to failure

What Ill eat when I eat: whey protein shake, tuna, egg noodles, almond butter on wheat, whey protein shake, spinach.

Thats one way to do it. My thought is, if it works for you do it!

I use a more conventional approach which seems to work for me.

Attachments

• 20200606_152821.jpg
    20200606_152821.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 68
This thread is getting indecent. :laughing

Zumba today then a nice leisurely walk. Weight is holding steady. A friend of mine pointed out that I have the beginnings of bicep tone. It's the little things.

4 miles down, brogability throughout the day while watching videogame matches and UFC fights. making a lot of progress on positions in brogability and found a few things that were weak to work on.

lunch:
2 popeyes chicken sandwiches
diet coke

dinner:
12oz ground beef
2 eggs
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons

Sharky, you're doing great! :thumbup

Beau goes without saying, he's always going to be in great shape.

Just for reference, what age group are you in?

Last edited:
plenty of proton in there, isn't any more empty than the cookies i usually eat to fill up the calories lol

Biked 15-20 miles yesterday, then drank to excess, eating Popeye's would have been a better path towards increased physical and mental fitness.

Last edited:
sorry for the meathead lingo incase if you’re unfamiliar, proton=protein. 2 sandwiches probably have 40-50g protein. With the 80+ grams of protein from dinner, I closed the day out with 120-150g of protein and 2500ish calories which is fine for me.

Hell yes.

Soundtrack: Type O Negative

20 minute row
10 sets of leg lifts to failure
5 sets of knee raises to failure
Benchpress sets of 8 to failure 15 sets @245lbs.

Crap diet of corned beef sando, french toast, cereal, cookies, ice cream, and graham crackers. Probably like 3000 bad calories.

Some days are like that.

I've been puttering at rowing on the machine all winter.

Once spring hit...getting on the water has been so much more pleasant I've been hitting it much harder.

Been averaging 6 miles/day five days/week.

Finally starting tracking calories. Holy hell was I eating way too much.

I've been puttering at rowing on the machine all winter.

Once spring hit...getting on the water has been so much more pleasant I've been hitting it much harder.

Been averaging 6 miles/day five days/week.

Finally starting tracking calories. Holy hell was I eating way too much.

FUCK YEAH Dave!! :thumbup

the outrigger club has been mothballed since Covid. I'm chomping at the bit to paddle again. Glad you are on the water.

Soundtrack: Triptycon

20 minute row
10 sets of leg lifts
Bent over rows sets of 12 to failure 11 sets @165lbs. (nursing an injury)

2300 calories of bean chips, when protein, bean & rice, spinach, and ham. Probably have some whole grain peanut butter pretzels too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back