• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not where I'd mount the hoods. Id rotate the bars up a small amount and mount the levers lower, maybe 0.5-1" lower. It'll help some. Unfortunately, those levers are really old on an even older bar shape. You can see diff bars shapes in the photos I recently posted.

I doubt those levers are adjustable. But you can look. Actuate the brake and look into the gap btw the hood and lever. If theres a screw that looks like an adjustment, try it.

Btw, "riding on the drops" means your hands go on the vertical part of the bar, right under the hoods. You'll be able to reach the brakes from there. We just get lazy and put our hands at the bottom.

Last edited:
Thats not where I'd mount the hoods. Id rotate the bars up a small amount and mount the levers lower, maybe 0.5-1" lower. It'll help some. Unfortunately, those levers are really old on an even older bar shape. You can see diff bars shapes in the photos I recently posted.

I doubt those levers are adjustable. But you can look. Actuate the brake and look into the gap btw the hood and lever. If theres a screw that looks like an adjustment, try it.

Btw, "riding on the drops" means your hands go on the vertical part of the bar, right under the hoods. You'll be able to reach the brakes from there. We just get lazy and put our hands at the bottom.
Thanks for the info.

I'm planning on upgrading when bike prices come back down to earth.
I know that the way the bars feel when I'm riding, they're much more comfortable holding them lower than a position where I can touch the levers. When I look at racing photo's of the pro's, their hands are often low where I hold, but their levers are longer and actually curve a bit towards their hands before curving back up. Also, they probably have much better brakes, most of them are using on ly one finger.

4 miles down, didn't sleep much and dont have the blood pressure to lift my face off today.

lunch:
nature valley bar
proton bar
1 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
2 cups of rice
4oz. curry potato
16oz NY steak

leftover cals:
brogurt

Thanks for the info.

I'm planning on upgrading when bike prices come back down to earth.
I know that the way the bars feel when I'm riding, they're much more comfortable holding them lower than a position where I can touch the levers. When I look at racing photo's of the pro's, their hands are often low where I hold, but their levers are longer and actually curve a bit towards their hands before curving back up. Also, they probably have much better brakes, most of them are using on ly one finger.

Prices are up? My buddy manages at the most-stocked shop in SD. They havent raised prices. But of course, nothing is on sale because they have very limited stock. Who knows when sales will come back :(

With how much you've been riding, I bet you'll be really happy with a new bike.

Most new bikes have compact bars. The horizontal and vertical size of the bars is smaller. In the photo of my GF above, you can see that her levers nearly reach the bottom of the drop. She has tiny bars for a tiny bike, and the levers are standard Ultegra mechanical.

Here are mine

Attachments

• canyon bars.png
    canyon bars.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 114
WORKOUT
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020

2-Mile Powerwalk/Windsprint Combo

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, Turkey Sausage, 2 Slices Ezekiel
• 2 Slices Pizza & Coke
• Chocolate Raisins
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Thai Curry Chicken & Rice

Edit:

• Shot of Hatozaki Small Batch & Costco Cashews :love

MACROS

Suck ass.

Last edited:
Curls
Wrist curls
Hammer curls
Reverse curls
Shoulder shrugs
Shoulder flys
Deltoid raises
Lat raises

Brekkie
Scrambled eggs, Piece of sausage, muffin, OJ, coffee and a peanut butter cookie.

Late lunch
Tri tip sandwich, 1/2 bag of chips and a treat a A & W root beer

Early dinner
Dark green salad mix / balsamic and a Diet Coke

Lots of water in between. Some squats and humming. :laughing

Missing swimming. Bad.

So... a bourbon to finish my Friday.

WORKOUT
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2020

MORNING SESSION

2-Mile Run

3x15 - DB Shoulder Press
3x10 - DB Hammer Curl

AFTERNOON SESSION

5x15 - DB Curl
5x10 - Squat Walk
5x10 - DB OH Tri Ext
4x10 - DB Bent Over Face Pull
4x15 - Crunch
4x20 - Push Up
4x10 - Tri Dip on Chair

FOOD

• Pumpkin Seeds
• 10 Gummy Bears
• 3 Eggs & 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame Bread
• Donut
• Smoothie: Bananas, Almond Milk and Pea Protein
• Goddamn Lamb Shank & White Beans
• Orange
• Shot of Hatozaki Small Batch

MACROS

:laughing

Last edited:
Cranked out 'nother twenty miler today in the early dark and met Murphy.

Flat tire at the furthest point from home.

Found the glass shard in the tire during the repair by slicing my index finger open.

Lost the patch glue cap in the dark. (From a brand new patch kit.)

Discovered that blood between the tube and the patch results in another air leak.

Found a broken brake cable strand by manipulating the brake release to put the tire back on the bike. This also let excess blood drain away from my body. Again.

Then the air pump took a measure of flesh from my hand. It is a nice unit, slightly smaller than a highway flare, pumps schrader and presta with a simple twist of the valve head. But if you don't hold it perfectly it will carve a divot out of the hand holding the body of the pump as the grip is pumped down with vigor. (See above notes about bleeding in public places.)

And lets finish Murphy's curse with a note. What is effective in removing grease from equipment and hands (I keep my chain well lubed) reminds you that bleeding wounds are present and accounted for.

Tomorrow I jack it back up to a twenty-five miler. Good times!

My whoop effort was like 14 and my friend's was like 20...I mean he wasn't THAT much faster than me...he is in better shape. It's weird. Maybe he can just push harder?

Edit: Ok I think his band wasn't tight enough. I had the same issue which is why I use the bicep band exclusively. After looking at his heart rate there's no way he was that high since he was pacing me a lot for encouragement during the FTP test.

Last edited:
120 push ups
150 squats

Brekkie
OJ , coffee, eggs and bacon

Late Morning snack
3 -4 tablespoons of peanut butter

Late lunch 3:30
Chicken Sandwich
A & W root beer
2 onion rings (damn you The Don’s)

Early Dinner
Dark green mixed salad with cranberries and sunflower seeds/ balsamic

Desert
Bourbon on the rocks.

No fruit :thumbdown
I need to go shopping. Work fucks up everything.

Achieved my life long cycling dream of getting to level 50 on zwift. Also rode 100km in one session. Well actually more, but it resets when you jump between worlds.

another 4 miles down, onto either squat or a nonbench work out and brogability.

lunch:
2 nature valley bar
liter of water
2 coffee

dinner:
20oz NY steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
brogurt
totino's pizza probably

If anyone is interested:
GoGo's wife Tracy has put some really legit yoga videos up on youtube. Her channel is tracy.fitness

Class #10
[YOUTUBE]/PImZ3QIGqrg[/YOUTUBE]

Cool.. good for her. :thumbup

Maybe this old man will give one a try and laugh at myself. From watching a class I know that my fake knee won't let me do a lot of stuff.

Did the normal weight routine today.
Ate like a champ in training. Going to pick up tacos carne asada on my way home for breakfast tomorrow and Tuesday.

Might sneak on in tonight. :teeth

Cool.. good for her. :thumbup

Maybe this old man will give one a try and laugh at myself. From watching a class I know that my fake knee won't let me do a lot of stuff.

Did the normal weight routine today.
Ate like a champ in training. Going to pick up tacos carne asada on my way home for breakfast tomorrow and Tuesday.

Might sneak on in tonight. :teeth

My beat up, overweight, out of shape, antique body has me doing much of the routine with my face in the carpet but I'm doing it.

Amazing how something that sounds so calming can make you feel like you want to just die :laughing

Good for you G!!

Effort pays off. There is no doubt the body reacts to it.
And if maintained the progress continues.

Wish you well on maintaining it.

As Nike said... Just Do It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back