• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find tennis Thursday nights hard to "wait around" to 7:30 when I am sort of ready NOW to play and then it's cold ish and dark but when I get there I am always happy to play and get the exercise. I forced myself to go and was glad I did.

I used to play tennis alot growing up. I enjoyed the sport but once I lost my partner I stopped.
Today is group exercise then boxing at 8am. I hope I'm energized all morning.

I used to play tennis alot growing up. I enjoyed the sport but once I lost my partner I stopped.
Today is group exercise then boxing at 8am. I hope I'm energized all morning.

Have you considered taking supplements esp a pre-workout? At my advanced age, after a day at work dealing with dumases I need a pre-workout to get me energized for the gym. Mine has 300 mg of caffeine. Helps a lot.

I do 1 cup of coffee and a few sips of Rockstar. Before I really wake up I find myself on the exercise floor!
WIth membership in my training gym I was given a bottle of supplements.

I do need to challenge myself though.

Hey-I think that I am older than you these days!

I love long days and these bike lights.

https://www.knog.com/product/plus-twinpack/

Also, can anyone find an 11 speed shimano ultegra cassette in the 11/32 tooth variety these days? I'm beyond ready for a new cog set and chain. If you smart bike guys know of an alternative that shifts and last as well as a shimano set please educate me. Something from Sram close?

Hey Mike, reach out to Geoffrey, he works for The Big S now. He has resources. What are you riding? My wife and I enjoy the UCSC - WIlder loop. How are the trails in Wilder right now?

I love long days and these bike lights.

https://www.knog.com/product/plus-twinpack/

Also, can anyone find an 11 speed shimano ultegra cassette in the 11/32 tooth variety these days? I'm beyond ready for a new cog set and chain. If you smart bike guys know of an alternative that shifts and last as well as a shimano set please educate me. Something from Sram close?

Hey Mike, reach out to Geoffrey, he works for The Big S now. He has resources. What are you riding? My wife and I enjoy the UCSC - Wilder loop. How are the trails in Wilder right now?

Last night sucked cardio wise. Got in a good shoulder/back workout but when I hopped on the treadmill the knee did not loosen up like it normally does so had to cut the session shorter than I would have liked. Hoping the knee tightness goes away but who knows.

Bike race this weekend :party. This course is going to be significantly easier than last year and I'm better trained. It's a little shorter and they removed the hardest most-punishing dirt section. I got 244th out of 823 last year, top 30%. I'm hoping for further improvement on that %. The race nerves are already starting a little bit.

9N6Im1h.png

Bike race this weekend :party. This course is going to be significantly easier than last year and I'm better trained. It's a little shorter and they removed the hardest most-punishing dirt section. I got 244th out of 823 last year, top 30%. I'm hoping for further improvement on that %. The race nerves are already starting a little bit.

9N6Im1h.png

My son is riding that event this weekend. Good luck!

Hey Mike, reach out to Geoffrey, he works for The Big S now. He has resources. What are you riding? My wife and I enjoy the UCSC - WIlder loop. How are the trails in Wilder right now?

Per Geoffrey, Wilder is pretty much closed at this time. He does Specialized employee group rides many Fridays.

I do 1 cup of coffee and a few sips of Rockstar. Before I really wake up I find myself on the exercise floor!
WIth membership in my training gym I was given a bottle of supplements.

I do need to challenge myself though.

Hey-I think that I am older than you these days!

I’m so old I am literally fudge-packing Ernie into his coffin.

I survived my bike race. Finish time was 8:16:14 in 182nd. I had some issues with my stomach on course, but managed to pull it all together for the last couple of hours so I could finish strong. Pickles definitely saved the day! Garmin says I burned 5000Cal. My stomach prevented me from eating enough or sleeping well last night, so now I feel like shit :laughing

My son is riding that event this weekend. Good luck!

Howd he do?

Stopped using my pullup assist band for the past 2 weeks and today just banged off 5 palms forward pullups. Back on the upswing!

With all the cycling I've been doing, I've been struggling to eat enough and have been worried about losing weight. I set my target weight a while ago and have kept coming in under it. But this morning I finally saw a number over my target weight. I'm at least not dehydrated. :party

Last edited:
I've given up on gaining any weight...it's all I can do to just maintain weight. I need a feeding tube.

I've given up on gaining any weight...it's all I can do to just maintain weight. I need a feeding tube.
Get a pellet smoker and take up a serious commitment to become very good at making ribs, tri-tip and other food on it. You'll have no trouble putting on the extra weight! :rofl

I'm currently in my worst shape of the year, we're getting to the end of track season and we've had a bunch of site visits with colleges so I haven't had the time/energy to get my workouts in. Four more weeks and I can get back to my 6 days a week routine and get back into shape.

my new lodger is embarrassing me, he joined my friend's cycle racing team and has cycled 3x in 3 days...

Gonna help get me back in the saddle.

Actually a little sore today from yesterday's workout. My weights are back to pre-injury days and my back has never felt better.

You're gonna be hating it those first two weeks back Brett! It's sooooo painful. But, the following weeks are awesome energy boosts.

I'd totally smoke stuff, but I hate cooking almost as much as eating! 6 days a week is legit..I'm only at 5. Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back