• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this thread.

I think I have finally got the right shoulder issue under control by following a couple IGs.

Subscribed to Jim Stoppani and Jeff Cavaliere. I started using Stoppani’s supplements this past week and am taking it up a few notches at the house of pain (gym). After a few days I am feeling much better. Need to now track my macros and cals. I’m an older gent so not looking to bench twice my weight but want to lean out and muscle up a bit.

Last edited:
So many winners!!!

My friend Roberta Saum has me hooked on 1stPhorm supplements. At 5'2" it's difficult to hit my protein goals without a supplement. Roberta has also really helped me stay motivated. I will finally be released froom Physical Therapy in 2 weeks :banana and was actually encouraged to get back out on the dirty bike :ride

... At 5'2" it's difficult to hit my protein goals without a supplement...

Same here. Hard for me to eat 150 gr of good protein.

A few years ago I completed the Body for Life 90 Day Transformation - that shit worked!

I didn’t want to start drinking those thick protein smoothies again and luckily came across Jim stoppani. I really like his supplements because they’re low cal, e.g., the protein supplement is mixed with water, has only 140 cal, and isnt thick like a milkshake. And the flavors he offers are tasty and varied.

I take 3 of his supplements:

- pre workout (that shit works probably because of the 300 mg caffeine LOL)
- a post workout
- protein supplement for during the day

I also bought a lifetime suscription to moveu.com.

What I like about moveu and Jeff Cavaliere (athleanx.com) is they provide the science behind working out. Stoppani provide the science behind nutrition since he has a PhD in exercise physiology and a minor in biochemistry from the University of Connecticut.

For example, Jeff shows how to do shoulder exercises without destroying your shoulder. Wish I would have known that when i was young. Same with moveu, they show how to fix issues.

Carry on!

Last edited:
athleanx.com, this guy single handedly ended 10 years of back pain for me. His You Tube videoes are great :thumbup

athleanx.com, this guy single handedly ended 10 years of back pain for me. His You Tube videoes are great :thumbup

Wow.

Yeah I like how Jeff uses markers to show the muscles and explains how to hit them. Makes so much sense. So I use him for working on my technique and I use stoppani for the workout program and the nutrition.

I also follow this guy for stretching, treating pain, injuries, etc:

https://instagram.com/dr.surdykapt?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1g1hx1llhmac7

Check out moveu on IG. They also mark the muscles but whereas Jeff uses dry erase markers himself, moveu has an anatomical artist paint the muscles:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFK7ZxH9ac/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=38140j0y9uzz

Its really helpful to see how all that shit works. Link to their IG:

https://instagram.com/moveu_official?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1fubeuiv0silr

BTW thumperx, after all these years I thought you were a guy lol

Last edited:

So quick update got my shoulder surgery done ... like crap.

Was the surgery on your “strong side” (cough cough)?

A few years ago i had hand surgery on my right hand (strong side ;)

My hand was in a cast for fucking 6 weeks. Unfortunately I was single at the time. Think about that for a minute. Single. Strong hand on the disabled list for 6. Fucking. Weeks. No dude deserves that!

After about 3 weeks i couldn’t take it any longer. I couldn’t think. I was cross-eyed. I shed tears many lonely nights. The sack felt like an anchor. My SBU was at near fatal limits.

So I worked on ambidexterity. Fuck man. Took me 2-3 days to teach my left hand the way of the strong fist. But when I hit it, it was like that first wet dream when I was 11.

After that I knew I could endure the loss of my arm right in an industrial accident or whatever and be able to maintain my”needs.” Fuck yeah bro!

Last edited:
Wow.

Yeah I like how Jeff uses markers to show the muscles and explains how to hit them. Makes so much sense. So I use him for working on my technique and I use stoppani for the workout program and the nutrition.

I also follow this guy for stretching, treating pain, injuries, etc:

https://instagram.com/dr.surdykapt?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1g1hx1llhmac7

Check out moveu on IG. They also mark the muscles but whereas Jeff uses dry erase markers himself, moveu has an anatomical artist paint the muscles:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFK7ZxH9ac/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=38140j0y9uzz

Its really helpful to see how all that shit works. Link to their IG:

https://instagram.com/moveu_official?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1fubeuiv0silr

BTW thumperx, after all these years I thought you were a guy lol

:wtf. :shh

I'll check out those links thanks :thumbup

and about that right hand, sorry dude.

My hand was in a cast for fucking 6 weeks. Unfortunately I was single at the time. Think about that for a minute. Single. Strong hand on the disabled list for 6. Fucking. Weeks. No dude deserves that!

After about 3 weeks i couldn’t take it any longer. I couldn’t think. I was cross-eyed. I shed tears many lonely nights. The sack felt like an anchor. My SBU was at near fatal limits.

So I worked on ambidexterity. Fuck man. Took me 2-3 days to teach my left hand the way of the strong fist. But when I hit it, it was like that first wet dream when I was 11.

After that I knew I could endure the loss of my arm right in an industrial accident or whatever and be able to maintain my”needs.” Fuck yeah bro!

Nope, when I injure myself I like to switch it up. I broke a ton of ligaments on my right side. I tore my ACL in my right knee in my 20's and when I was 18 tore a ligament off the back of my right shoulder can't remember the name of it but it is some secondary joint holds the collarbone down or something.

I then waited a long time and decided it was the left sides turn and after one car accident in 04 and then a motorcycle accident about 4 years ago I really tore the left shoulder up. Got it fixed on the 8th. Pain was not as bad as I thought it was going to be based on horror stories told to me by others. I talked to the PA when I got the staples removed and my rotator cuff was fine but the labrum was messed up., While they were in there they did a bicep tenodesis so now my left bicep looks all Popeye (so much for symmetry and my bodybuilding championship hopes :cry ). I am hoping to get back to weightlifting in about another 4-6 weeks. After moping for the last 2 weeks I am going back to the gym to hit the stationary bike as I am down to only taking Ibuprofen when needed for random overexertion pain.

I like this thread.

I think I have finally got the right shoulder issue under control by following a couple IGs.

Subscribed to Jim Stoppani and Jeff Cavaliere. I started using Stoppani’s supplements this past week and am taking it up a few notches at the house of pain (gym). After a few days I am feeling much better. Need to now track my macros and cals. I’m an older gent so not looking to bench twice my weight but want to lean out and muscle up a bit.

Stoppani rules. I like his whole regime...although it'd be nice if his pre-workout had a non-creatine version. Creatine is a massive problem for riding...

When I was 14, I broke my right hand punching a door. Eight weeks later, cast came off, and the bone snapped again. It had healed with some tension. Another eight weeks in a cast. I got ambidextrous really goddamn fast.

Stoppani rules. I like his whole regime...although it'd be nice if his pre-workout had a non-creatine version. Creatine is a massive problem for riding...

Creatine is bad for mc because of compartment syndrome?

Totally...I learned it at exactly the wrong time: Lap 3 (last season). It sucks, cause I really like his pre-workout.

Totally...I learned it at exactly the wrong time: Lap 3 (last season). It sucks, cause I really like his pre-workout.

His pre-workout is exactly what I need. After a day of work where I deal with stress I need a supplement to jack me up. The 300 mg of CAFFEINE works lol

Hey gang, Talk to me about supplements. I have never used anything but whey protein even when I wanted to be a meat head. I don't want to be a meat head now but I do want to gain about 8-10 lbs of lean muscle. My first guess is some light to moderate Creartine use. I don't lift heave more than 2 or 3 times a week so I don't think I need to go to crazy town with supplements. Any combinations of things that have worked for you all? Also interested in trusted brands and where to buy. The supplement world is the wild west and I do worry about getting bad junk from who knows where.

Hey Mike I’m dedicated to 1stPhorm. My good friend who put me on a path to health has a page.
Roberta Saum.com she’s in her late 50s woke up and changed her life 10 years ago. She’s also a nutritionist so isn’t just hocking supplements. If you contact her let her know you know me.

Hey gang, Talk to me about supplements. I have never used anything but whey protein even when I wanted to be a meat head. I don't want to be a meat head now but I do want to gain about 8-10 lbs of lean muscle. My first guess is some light to moderate Creartine use. I don't lift heave more than 2 or 3 times a week so I don't think I need to go to crazy town with supplements. Any combinations of things that have worked for you all? Also interested in trusted brands and where to buy. The supplement world is the wild west and I do worry about getting bad junk from who knows where.

If you're trying to pack on 8 lbs. why not just eat more protein? That's nothing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back