• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting into ski mountaineering this winter. Definitely faster than walking down, and only about ten pounds of extra gear.

Went to the gym yesterday. Not my normal gym. We hit up 24. So it was kinda a free for all. Was fun actually since I started there way back when and then starting going to my gym. To see the progression in strength when doing some of my old go to machines was fun.

Bench press 95lbs
Leg press 165lbs
Back squat 135lbs
Lat pull 100lbs
Low row pull 100lbs

I have also always been weirdly intimidated by the dip/pull up assist machine.. I decided to do that one last after doing all of my other exercises. I managed to get one chin up using just 45 pounds. Still super close to getting one strict up. Just gotta keep working

Then today was all quads and butt. My legs are already like jello lol

I went for a kayak yesterday and rowed for 40 minutes today, I might lift later, dunno. Not feeling very motivated this weekend- soccer season is over and we lost all three playoff games so I'm a little demoralized right now.

EDITED:

20 minute row
Lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (apathy in this case, 10 sets)
20 minute row

3 slices whole grain French toast made with 6 egg whites, cream, and cinnamon
2 chicken breasts
spinach tortilla
10oz sliced peppered turkey

Props to you for feeling unmotivated and then hitting it hard :thumbup

Workout:

I started Stoppani’s 4-week shred tonight.

3 set of 8 reps of the following:

Bent-Over Row
Superset with
Bench Press + Burpees

Squat
Superset with
Barbell Rollout + 30-sec run in place

Straight-Arm Pushdown
Superset with
Upright Row

Triceps Pressdown
Superset with
Cable Curl

Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl
Superset with
Barbell Wrist Curl

Kettlebell Toe Raise
Superset with
Standing Calf Raise

Nutrition:

1 slice Banana nut bread at Peets
1 banana
Protein shake - 24g
Starbucks wheat wrap with egg white & spinach
1 pack raspberries
Protein shake - 24g
Nonfat Greek yogurt
Pre workout - 300 mg caffeine, creatine, beta alanine
Green smoothie - spinach, strawberries, banana, almond mole, vegan pro
$7 Dinner at Wholepaycheck (below): tofu, peas and snap pea salad
Protein shake - 24g

Happy Monday everyone!

Kim Beau Holey Mike Cycle Sharky Sharkxfan Climber and everyone else on this thread, thanks for keeping me motivated. It has helped tremendously! You guys are tits!

aSTcEPB.jpg

Last edited:
Been biking a good amount. Just started for the first time in Sept! So much fun but I need a road bike.

Core excersises and stretching 5 days a week

Still been eating good. Down 19lbs for the year!

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 51
20 minute row
1.5 hour surf
1/3 cord of wood split

20oz protein shake
1 nut bar
2 TJ's frozen chicken burritos

Got some depression creeping in on me, makes it hard to eat.

Can I help you polish off the other 2/3'rds of that cord? Seriously, It is one of my favorite things to do. Glad you got out Beau.

Can I help you polish off the other 2/3'rds of that cord? Seriously, It is one of my favorite things to do. Glad you got out Beau.
+1 on splitting wood.

When I lived in New England, enjoyed a couple hours of splitting wood, there is something cathartic about it.

^ It scratches every cave-man itch I have and it is the thing I miss most about living in New Mexico. Timely too, Thanksgiving was the holiday that my moms folks would have everyone over to split the tri axle of oak for the winter. Buck, Split, Stack, eat thanksgiving dinner. Perfect.

Swam in a pool for the firs time in a while last night. ~2000 yards. I got a little board and stopped counting laps and just went for it towards the end.

Last edited:
I wish I had your guys' discipline for food choices. But im not really trying to lose weight anymore. so eh...

also @lizard :wow looking good!!!

Just started a structured training plan for Denali. 24 weeks as of yesterday. First day was an aerobic threshold test, treadmill set at 15% incline and a pace I thought I could hold for an hour. HR started at 157 and steadily increased to 170 over an hour, which was just about as expected. A year ago I would have gone anaerobic at anything sustained over 145bpm, so this is good progress, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191126-113745.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-113745.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 48
20 minute row
50 minute run 970ft elevation
Shoulder press sets of 8 to failure (12 sets)

2 cups oatmeal
1 quart 1% milk
2x 10oz protein shakes
2x nut bars
1 turkey stick
6 egg whites and 1 whole egg
2 slices whole wheat bread
20oz protein shake
10oz mixed greens

Just started a structured training plan for Denali. 24 weeks as of yesterday. First day was an aerobic threshold test, treadmill set at 15% incline and a pace I thought I could hold for an hour. HR started at 157 and steadily increased to 170 over an hour, which was just about as expected. A year ago I would have gone anaerobic at anything sustained over 145bpm, so this is good progress, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me...

Okay the data on the graph is confusing me. The total workout says you went almost 6 miles in one hour. If you can do a 6MPH pace at 15 degrees of incline I am seriously impressed that is hard pace. But on the left side it says .48miles. Was it including elevation in your total distance traveled.

Is that Data from your watch Nick?

Yes. The watch is a Garmin, and the app pulls data from Garmins site as soon as the workout uploads.

Okay the data on the graph is confusing me. The total workout says you went almost 6 miles in one hour. If you can do a 6MPH pace at 15 degrees of incline I am seriously impressed that is hard pace. But on the left side it says .48miles. Was it including elevation in your total distance traveled.

The treadmill was set at 3.5mph, the watch recorded more because the incline results in shorter strides and obviously GPS does nothing indoor. The .48 distance is where that vertical line is, about six minutes in where my HR stabilized.

My work out for the day. 4 collective hours of shoveling 18-22in worth of snow.

:dead

My work out for the day. 4 collective hours of shoveling 18-22in worth of snow.

:dead

Awesome, Kim!

Tonight—V

Workout:

10 Min Row Warm-Up

Cable X-over - 3x15
<superset>
Cable Lat Raise - 3x15

Romanian DL - 3x15
<superset>
Crunch - 3x15

DB Shrug - 3x15
<superset>
Calf Raise - 3x15

Cable Tri Ext - 3x15
<superset>
DB Seated Curl - 3x15

DB Wrist Curl - 3x15
<superset>
DB Reverse Wrist Curl - 3x15

Leg Ext - 3x10
<superset>
Leg Press - 3x15

Nutrition:

2 eggs, 2 whites, 1 potato
Nonfat Greek yogurt & 1Tb honey
Protein shake 24g
Dark turkey and peas
Protein shake 24g
Grapes
Pre-workout
Grilled tofu, raw broccoli and celery, quinoa (see below)
Grapes

6xzfIfT.jpg

Last edited:
The treadmill was set at 3.5mph, the watch recorded more because the incline results in shorter strides and obviously GPS does nothing indoor. The .48 distance is where that vertical line is, about six minutes in where my HR stabilized.

Still pretty impressive. I do a 3.3MPH pace on the treadmill at I think a 10% incline for about 35 or 40 minutes on the days I am not doing running intervals.

I love the mountain pictures that makes me wish for elevation around here. The highest point of land is either mine or my neighbor's house pad that we had to build to get to the federally mandated flood level height to keep flood insurance to a reasonable rate. I think mine is about 7ft above orginal dirt level thinkmy neighbors is maybe 7 or 9 feet.If the water ever gets that high everything south of me will be a lake....

Skipped gym last night because Monday evening tweaked my knee on the treadmill so I didn't want to chance it so instead of skipping Wednesday I will be hitting the gym tonight. For chest and tricep day.

Kids are talking basketball game on thanksgiving day should be fun and will work off some of the turkey day calories.

I really miss our neighborhood football games we used to have on Thanksgiving. We would get the whole block to play and would wind up with about 10 to 20 peeps all looking to smash each other into the ground. Good times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back