• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to post my Thanksgiving Day workout:

House of Pain

Face-Pulls - 2x15
Hip Thrusts - 2-15
Crunches - 5x15
Lat Pull - 1x15
Dead-Hang Pull-Ups - 5x10
DB Forearm Rotations - 5x10

Nutrition

2 eggs, wheat toast, Trader Joe Vegan Patty (24g!)
Protein Shake 24g
Fried rice, chicken hearts, pig leg, chicken skewers and a Coke

PS - I seriously need to drink more water. i probably drink 3-4 glasses a day. I used to drink 8-12; just got lazy. How much water do you guys drink?

Last edited:
my thanksgiving workout was 30 minutes in a massage chair on chiro stretch program with 1.5kg turkey, 2kg mashed potato, 2.5kg turnip carrot mash and 3kg pumpkin pie and a liter of stiff rum eggnog for nutrition.

I went to the gym last night.

12 minute row at full blast (Beau I have no idea how you can put so much time in on that thing, I was board out of my fucking skull. Props)

What works for me is listening to my breathing while thinking of something, anything... a girl.. a memory.. i find it relaxing. 20 min goes by fast for me.

PS - I seriously need to drink more water. i probably drink 3-4 glasses a day. I used to drink 8-12; just got lazy. How much water do you guys drink?
I drink a minimum of 8 16 ounce glasses of water (with just lemons squeezed in) a day, now that we're going into winter, half of the cups are mint tea (no sugar) and 2 of green tea.

What works for me is listening to my breathing while thinking of something, anything... a girl.. a memory.. i find it relaxing. 20 min goes by fast for me.

This and trance music. And not so much thinking about girl, rowing with a broken heart is less than ideal.

20 minute row
Incline bench sets of 8 @225lbs to failure (13 sets)
20 minute row

20oz protein shake
8oz spinach
1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
1lb fresh turkey breast

And not so much thinking about girl, rowing with a broken heart is less than ideal.

Workout:

20 Min Row - Bad thoughts got into my head. Um, thanks Beau*

Bench Press - 4x10
Seated Row - 2x10
Lat Pull - 2x10
Straight Arm Pull Down - 2x10
BB Wrist Curl - 2x10
Rev BB Wrist Curl - 2x10
Tri Ext - 2x10
Cable X-Over - 2x10
DB Shrug - 2x10
BB Squat - 2x10
DB Lunge - 2x10
BB Military - 2x10
DB Front Raise - 2x10

Pie Hole:

As of 1:57 pm:

Pro Shake - 24g
2 eggs, 2 sausage patties & wheat toast
Green smoothie (spinach strawberries almond milk vegan pro)

*Thoughts of my Phuket muse and if I should further torture myself or just pull the ripcord. Oddly enough, the 20 minutes went by fast.

zukxGXG.jpg

Last edited:
ran that TurkeyTrot yesterday. it was 50F and dry yesterday morning in Palm Springs, so great running weather. took me 22:58 which put me 91st of 1351 and 5th in my age group. the BIL kicked up for the last 1/4mi and I couldn't keep up, so he beat me by 30s. thats the most ive ever trained for a run (did 2 training runs) and my fastest 5K, so im pretty happy with the time.

I drink 3-5 glasses a day if im sedentary. if im exercising, I drink when im thirsty which can be 8-32oz per hour depending on conditions.

water requirements vary dramatically depending on you and conditions and people get a lot of water from food. some blanket statement that you needs 8 glasses per day is silly. IMO, listen to your body. if u feel better with 8 glasses per day, then drink 8 per day. if u feel the same and just pee more, dont bother.

Last edited:
Did almost two and a half hours on a trainer. Wasn't that bad actually. Between smart trainer and zwift it's pretty revolutionary. I couldn't imagine even doing hour and a half with plain trainer.

Just signed up for Belgian Waffle Ride again. Now i have 5 months to train for a 140mi bicycle race thats ~35% off-road. My riding friend and I managed it in 9:40 last year. a TDF pro won the race in 6:20. i wonder what our goal should be for this year, <9hrs :dunno

Last edited:
60 minutes at anaerobic threshold run today. Twenty degrees outside and snow everywhere. Fuck the treadmill, I put a set of microspikes on my trail shoes and cranked out 6.2 miles on snow and ice.

Just signed up for Belgian Waffle Ride again. Now i have 5 months to train for a 140mi bicycle race thats ~35% off-road. My riding friend and I managed it in 9:40 last year. a TDF pro won the race in 6:20. i wonder what our goal should be for this year, <9hrs :dunno

Looks fine on road bike.

20 Min Row - Bad thoughts got into my head. Um, thanks Beau*

Much love my bother.

The last two days have been row and run only, and much eating. Way much complete with pie and ice cream... now it's back to the grindstone.

20 minute row
30 minute weighted run 40lbs with 300ft elevation
Lat pulldowns sets of 8 @237.5lbs to failure (13 sets)

20oz protein shake
10oz spinach
1/2lb lean corned beef
1 whole wheat roll
2 cups Barbara's wheat squares
1/2 gallon 1% milk
1 apple and 1 orange and 1 banana

60 minutes at anaerobic threshold run today. Twenty degrees outside and snow everywhere. Fuck the treadmill, I put a set of microspikes on my trail shoes and cranked out 6.2 miles on snow and ice.

So much like.

Last edited:
Much love my bother.

Sup, homes!

I rested yesterday. Back to the gym today.

Pain:

1x20 - Push Up
5x10 - Bench Press
2x10 - Seated Row
5x10 - Cable X-Over
5x10 - DB Military
3x10 - BB Military to failure
2x10 - Bent Over Rear Lat Raise
2x10 - Cable Tri Ext
2x10 - Bicep Tendon
5x10 - Leg Press
6x10 - Calf Raise
5x10 - DB Oh Shoulder Rotation
2x10 - Dead Hang Pull Up

Pie Hole:

As of 1 pm:

2 eggs, 1 slice wheat toast, Trader Joe vegan pro burger (24g)
Smoothie (spinach strawberries almond milk banana vegan pro)
Wholefoods (see below)

G7DcyYB.jpg

The supplements I take have been very helpful. The pre gets me jacked up for my workout. The post helps me recover without soreness. But I will take a day off or adjust the workout per Stoppani based on bow I feel. I realize I’m no longer in my 20s and may never bench 235-245 again and I’m ok with that. I want to work out when i’m really old so I don’t lift that heavy anymore. Aging sucks.

If you can do 20 pullups, a relatively good push total should also be in the cards. I would work om the bench to balance out your torso. 250 max should be easily within your reach, unless theres an injury or joint problem keeping you from it.

If you can do 20 pullups, a relatively good push total should also be in the cards. I would work om the bench to balance out your torso. 250 max should be easily within your reach, unless theres an injury or joint problem keeping you from it.

You hit the nail on the head: injury. I hurt my right shoulder 3 years ago. Though I am military pressing more now, when I bench press I feel something going on with my bicep tendon where it connects to the shldr. So I’ve been stretching, lacrosse-ball deep massage, bicep tendon strengthening, the usual rotator cuff exercises, etc.

I also have ulnar impingement in both arms so I have grip strength of a little girl.

But I’ve been working on my bench press lately. 250 would be tough. 269 was my PR when I weighed 145 at age 25. Trying to get back to 225 cuz double 45s looks good.

You hit the nail on the head: injury. I hurt my right shoulder 3 years ago. Though I am military pressing more now, when I bench press I feel something going on with my bicep tendon where it connects to the shldr. So I’ve been stretching, lacrosse-ball deep massage, bicep tendon strengthening, the usual rotator cuff exercises, etc.

I also have ulnar impingement in both arms so I have grip strength of a little girl.

But I’ve been working on my bench press lately. 250 would be tough. 269 was my PR when I weighed 145 at age 25. Trying to get back to 225 cuz double 45s looks good.
Two look good and three even better!

Weirdly i have bilateral impingements on my shoulders which improved iver the years. I still dont do a ton of military press due to shoulder pain.

Since the shoulder is the mostly complicated joint unless a doctor is invovled, i wouldnt push it.
Seems like you ate working around it just fine.

20 minute row
45 minute weighted run 25lbs and 820ft elevation
Shoulder press sets of 8 @205lbs to failure (13 sets)

20oz protein shake
6oz spinach
1lb chicken breast
1 head of broccoli
1/2 bag of bean chips
1/2 cup grated cheese
10oz protein shake
1 cup ground turkey breast with taco sauce

Two look good and three even better!

Weirdly i have bilateral impingements on my shoulders which improved iver the years. I still dont do a ton of military press due to shoulder pain.

Since the shoulder is the mostly complicated joint unless a doctor is invovled, i wouldnt push it.
Seems like you ate working around it just fine.

Three? That would definitely looks tits! Yeah the shoulder is one complicated noint; wish I understood how to take care of my shoulders when I was younger.

Shoulder press sets of 8 @205lbs to failure (13 sets)

13 sets. Fuck yes.

Playing tonight. We'll see how my foot holds up.

almost have the garage cleaned up enough to lift again too. needs to be a priority.

This rain is killing my workout mojo. I got a good one in Saturday. Nada Sunday or today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back