• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

Episode 5 of MotA was brutal. That squadron really earned that nickname of “The Bloody 100th”.

They are not sugar coating the facts that's for sure.

Interestingly, as not all episodes share the same director.

The first four were directed by one director, 5 and 6 (which seem more gritty/realistic to me) by another, 7 and 8 by a third director and the finale by yet another director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_the_Air

They are not sugar coating the facts that's for sure.

Interestingly, as not all episodes share the same director.

The first four were directed by one director, 5 and 6 (which seem more gritty/realistic to me) by another, 7 and 8 by a third director and the finale by yet another director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_the_Air

Eight is Enough Dad Dick “Comb-Over” Van Patten’s half brother is one of the directors.

Last edited:
Just finished True Detective: Night Country on HBO. I liked it a lot.

As usual enjoying "Wheeler Dealers."

Bummer about the Fiesta but amazing the power they wrung out of that Peugeot with relatively modest improvements...one of them involving a motorcycle of all things.

NCIS episode last night saying good bye to Ducky was good. Sort of a trip down memory lane as a fan of the show given his 20 years of participation.

They even did somber music instead of the action based theme song. :cool

Just finished True Detective: Night Country on HBO. I liked it a lot.

I liked it. I still think season 2 (Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams, and Vince Vaughn) was the best of the anthology so far. But all in all it’s a great show.

About half way through "Oppenheimer" on Peacock.

A bit of a slog but great acting.

Watched "Arkansas"on Netflix last night. Well recommended.

Oppenheimer did nothing for me. Save the name dropping of all the physicists, I didn't really care for it.

I didn't care about anyone in it.

Same Berth.

Geoff, let me know if you liked it.

About half way through "Oppenheimer" on Peacock.

A bit of a slog but great acting.

I watched it in the theater and for movies that are 3hours or more, I thought it was really good in the sense I never looked at my watch to see how much time is left.

Also, I usually never watch historical fiction movies in the theater. So for me, that's saying something.

I liked it. I still think season 2 (Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams, and Vince Vaughn) was the best of the anthology so far. But all in all it’s a great show.

Same, they've all been pretty good though. Glad there's still decent television out there with so much crap to browse through.

How's Liam Hemsworth's southern accent in the film. I heard the Vince Vaughan’s southern “accent” was just awful.

Not bad, really...but, not much of any kind of southern accent for Liam. Good movie, still, IMO.

It's actually easier for folks with British and Australian accents to fake a southern accent since the southern accent derives from the British accent in the first place.

Back