• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

my dude recently got me into russian doll. super weird - he knows my attraction to that sort of shit. first few episodes were somewhat annoying, but i love natasha lyonne (poker face), so persevered. not sure i can say i'm enjoying it, but am totally fascinated - train wreck style. and it does have a lot of weirdos, which attracts me like a bitch in heat.

Oppenheimer did nothing for me. Save the name dropping of all the physicists, I didn't really care for it.

I didn't care about anyone in it.

Decent movie.

About an hour too long.

Oppenheimer is like going to a fancy restaurant, where you can see they used high quality ingredients, food was hot, service was great, but you didn't enjoy the meal.

my dude recently got me into russian doll. super weird - he knows my attraction to that sort of shit. first few episodes were somewhat annoying, but i love natasha lyonne (poker face), so persevered. not sure i can say i'm enjoying it, but am totally fascinated - train wreck style.

loved her and her character in Orange is the New Black. :thumbup

and I really loved Russian Doll ... weird woOOOooo train wreck TV shows always tickle me. :facepalm:laughing

Good Morning Veronica now has a third season, if you are into troubled female cop on the edge with very bizarre killers. Ms BA and I started watching the new ones then she backed out from the reminder of how weird it can get, which she seemed to have forgotten from last time.

It's actually easier for folks with British and Australian accents to fake a southern accent since the southern accent derives from the British accent in the first place.

This reminds me of watching a video on youtube with the cast of True Blood. When I heard Stephen Moyer and Jason Kwanten speak, I was like... WHAT!?

my dude recently got me into russian doll. super weird - he knows my attraction to that sort of shit. first few episodes were somewhat annoying, but i love natasha lyonne (poker face), so persevered. not sure i can say i'm enjoying it, but am totally fascinated - train wreck style. and it does have a lot of weirdos, which attracts me like a bitch in heat.

Russian Doll is a great show! After the first season ended and the second season was announced, I was worried because where do you go from here? But the second season was great too.

Decent movie.

About an hour too long.

My opinion about any movie I see in the theater should always come with the disclaimer that because I have movie pass for my local theater, I saw it for "free" so I almost never have a bad opinion about movies.

Except for Madame Web I saw last week. Jesus fucking christ that movie was terrible. I am a nerd and I support all comic based movies. Even the ones most people don't like, I like, but that movie was just garbage on all levels. I didn't pay for it and I still felt like I wanted my money back.

My opinion about any movie I see in the theater should always come with the disclaimer that because I have movie pass for my local theater, I saw it for "free" so I almost never have a bad opinion about movies.

Indeed. Couple of summers, I would go to this second run double feature place. $2 for two movies. I mostly went for the air conditioning, I'd watch anything lol.

Similarly, later, it was $4 Tuesday, I'd see pretty much anything they were playing there too.

It's actually easier for folks with British and Australian accents to fake a southern accent since the southern accent derives from the British accent in the first place.

While that is generally true, it was the Scots that were the greateest influence in the Carolinas as they settled there after "The '45"...

I did catch the Lunar New Year celebration on 2 last nite.

Has to be the best parade presented to me on tv.
Macy's still in the background, but no Tony Award winners, "parading" .
Real grassroots presentation, only in America, where fortune cookies were invented, along with THE ONLY NIGHT parade.
Loved it.

Last edited:
There's more to the south than just the Carolinas. :laughing

I agree, and I also understand that different regions in the South have unique accents - I'm just saying that the accent in the Carolinas can be largely traced back to the Scots' influence, and not the English...

Of course, with the way society is so mobile nowadays it's getting more difficult to differentiate the various accents.

Don't know what/where Tracker is doing/going.
First episode, he had a 27FB Pendleton.
Second episode, outside shots only, 27 FB
Third episode, he had a 27FB Flying Cloud.

So, same model of trailer, two different interior trim/wood styling & appointments, in the first three shows.

All Hollywood, no reality, coaches don't have solar, or gennies, for power, when boon docking. No extra antennas for cell/wifi, that are in use.

I feel used, so cheap, trying so hard to be trendy, but faux

Last edited:
Resident Alien is back on Syfy

The first 2 seasons of that show are now on Netflux, just dropped and I have to say, I am loving it. I love that the main character is so relatable.

I was really happy to find a show with a hero I could actually identify with.

The first 2 seasons of that show are now on Netflux, just dropped and I have to say, I am loving it. I love that the main character is so relatable.

I was really happy to find a show with a hero I could actually identify with.

Great show.

I agree, and I also understand that different regions in the South have unique accents - I'm just saying that the accent in the Carolinas can be largely traced back to the Scots' influence, and not the English...

Of course, with the way society is so mobile nowadays it's getting more difficult to differentiate the various accents.

Mine has slowly started to come back out again...and it's weird to get used to. :laughing

Mine has slowly started to come back out again...and it's weird to get used to. :laughing

Sadly it seems to me that most interesting regional accents are on the decline in the US.

Studies haven't clearly identified the reason as far as I know, but I blame the ever broadening national media market. Declines seem to have started in the 1980's, which is when Cable TV really hit, and they only seem to have accelerated in the digital era.

The only thing interesting about the accents down here are the folks with cajun versions. Fuckers are nearly impossible to understand. :laughing

Watched the premiere of "The Continental" last night - based on the "John Wick" universe, but takes place a few decades before John Wick. Winston and Charon are young bucks. Kind of interesting - I'll have to see a few more episodes before making a decision. Apparently it's streaming on Peacock...

We just finished "The Watcher" and liked it. Didn't love it. Trippy story though. Netflix has it.

After watching it my SIL mentioned an SNL skit called "The Looker" with Amy Schumer. Hilarious if you watched the show...

I just started watching Constellation on Apple TV and like it as well. Slow burn sci-fi thriller, reminds me of The Astronaut's Wife crossed with Event Horizon minus the gore and with a Scandinavian feel.

Last edited:
Back