• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Well I hope I have the same ending as you. I dont have 3/8" sticking out, more like 1/16" but today I welded more metal on to the end so I have about 1/4" now. Tomorrow I'll put on some more and then find a good nut to weld on. Wish me luck!

Just stay away from anything coated (gold colored or chromed). Gold was the worst of all of them.

Washed it. Kidding. It is still coated in mud and failure. I did clean and lube the chain this weekend, at least.

I understand the mud, but not the failure. That KDX hauls the freight.

On my XRr I just ran the cable behind the triple in stead of in front and through.
View attachment 452576

Most throttle assemblies have a mud hole in the bottom to let dirt, dust, water, and mud out. If you flip it upside down you can guess what the hole turns into...mud funnel.

View attachment 452577

Thanks for the heads up on the mud hole/funnel, I will try it behind the triple.

Snapped a chain adjuster bolt on the xrr! :party

Was trying to convince it to come out with heat and penetrating fluids over a week but it snapped. Luckily there is a little nub outside of the swing arm so I'm going to try to weld another bolt on there and give it another try. ARG!!

Oopsie. Been there, unfortunately.

On my XRr I just ran the cable behind the triple in stead of in front and through.
View attachment 452576

Most throttle assemblies have a mud hole in the bottom to let dirt, dust, water, and mud out. If you flip it upside down you can guess what the hole turns into...mud funnel.

View attachment 452577

Ok got it rerouted behind the triple, made my own ghetto zip tie "cable guide". No binding and mud hole still on bottom. Thx for the tip.

Now if I could only figure out what to do about the kickstand.

15536059617_3a382ac94e_z.jpg

Tell us what's up with the kickstand. We all love a challenge.:laughing

Tell us what's up with the kickstand. We all love a challenge.:laughing

Well, all Husky kickstands have an odd bend to them that puts them really close to the motorcycle when down, and swing down at a real awkward angle. But my issue is that my bike has been lowered and the kickstand keeps the bike too straight. On a flat surface there's a 50% it'll fall on it's right side cuz the bike is almost standing straight up with the kickstand down. I can get try to find someone to cut it down and weld a new plate on but then it'll be too short when I raise the bike back up to stock height (I plan to do this once I'm more comfortable with the bike).

I also have a one off kickstand for my other Husky that's nice and short, but the groove in the mounting area is deeper than this stand so it swings too far forward. On the TE630 he gave me a "stopper" plate that bolts on under the left footpeg to stop the travel, but on the TE250 the footpeg holder is not bolted on, it's part of the frame :mad I tried to make a nylon spacer to extend the bottom chain roller and use that as a "stopper", but haven't had any success with that yet.

If you managed to follow any of that, here's a picture of v1.0 of the one off stand I have:

8728599369_362550640a.jpg

Apparently Huskies have different shaped kickstand mounting points. In the picture above, v1.0 will not move any further because the groove was cut for apparently a different version of the same bike... So I got v2.0 w/ a deeper groove, which brings me back to the point above, apparently the TE250 requires a v1.0 groove. I wish the guy who made the first batch of these stands still made them :(

Last edited:
Had the same problem when I lowered my 500 EXC. I was lucky, able to file a small notch in kickstand where it contacts the stop bolt so it would swing a little more forward, that increased the lean.

Also, as to the OP's thread question, put a Rekluse in my 500. One less excuse now when I fall over, (can't say, I stalled it).

Does a Rekluse allow you to gear taller? Thinking of ways to extend capabilities of a close ratio gear box

Put a CatEye bicycle computer on the RM. Had to lengthen the pickup wire, but can't complain for $25. We'll see how it holds up
QacRlZol.jpg

Foil oil seals, fork oil, bleeder valves, trans oil, air filter, carb refresh/tune, chain servise, all while teaching a beautiful assistant :thumbup

Removed the swing arm from the xr650r and took it to Dennis at Norman Racing to have him repair the snapped off chain adjuster bolt. Should have it back on Monday.

Removed the swing arm from the xr650r and took it to Dennis at Norman Racing to have him repair the snapped off chain adjuster bolt. Should have it back on Monday.

I :love Dennis! I'll probably have to quit riding when he retires :laughing

DestructiveChick

Oh, and I loaded my dirty bike on a trailer tonight :teeth

RidingChick

Got a new-to-me Safari Tank for the 690 this weekend, it's big, black and ugly but now I should be able to go 250+ miles in one sitting and have a terribly sore ass.

Back