• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

took the TM to Eric to have a Scalvini expansion chamber installed...
http://www.scalvinipipes.com/

Ooooh!…Scalvini :drool
They are so incredibly beautiful!

I threw mine on the ground at Deer Creek…
file_zps091a9161.jpg

TumblingChick

:laughing Yeah, I felt a bit like a Homer after not cleaning this section :mad

Like Deer Creek near Lassen? If so, right in my backyard!

No, Deer Creek up behind Twain Hart in the Stanislaus NF. Conditions were excellent and we only saw 2 other riders all day.

WoodsChick

Got the swing arm back from Dennis. This thing would be in the recycle bin without his skills.

IMG_0051.jpg

Threw on a new-to-me ASV clutch lever. Easiest repair evvaarrr! i was thinking "how do I connect the cables and such?" Oh yeah, hydro clutch....DOH!

Back story: I dropped my bike and snapped the clutch lever in half on a warm-up loop. Luckily there was a little stub left to continue riding.

Last edited:
Looking at the "Dave's Carb Mod" for my XR650L. Also looking at the 8" Trail Tech light...

3832-EX-00_1.jpg

Gonna hit the RR tracks trail tomorrow right here in Rocklin and head east.

Just did some illegal dual sportin' on the XRL. So much fun in the rain and wind. Get in and get out quick before someone calls the local stromtroopers. Ye haw!

Got the xr650r all back together after getting the swing arm repaired. Installed a shock I got off cl with a heavier eibach spring too. Set the sag and played with the setup a little but still have some work there.

Also got my stuff together to head out in the morning for another two days at Stonyford! I'm taking the cr250 which I haven't touched in a few weeks. I'll be up there with some non-barfer friends but it should still be fun. ;).

Fresh fork guards, outerwear filter skin and heading out tomorrow to Carnegie with my son and a friend. Try to get a bit more experience in for myself and let my boy go around the peewee track.

Today I helped my buddy fix his stripped drain plug on his klx300. The stripped opening was about .015 under the drill size for a 7/16-20, so we used the correct bit and there was still plenty of meat for the tap. As a bonus, the kawi has a little side cover just below the sprocket which allows complete access to the drain plug threads from above, so we were able to make sure 100% of the debris did not make it into the motor, instead of flowing oil and hoping. New bolt and crush washer went in smooth and tight, couldn't have gone any better. :)

Mounted the used Trail Tech light (purchased from a fellow Barfer) on the XRL and scored a used Pro Circuit T4 slip on off ebay....

Thinking about lowering the seat height a bit...

I don't want to go crazy with mods, it is what it is and it will never be much more than that....but I am enjoying this bike. It's fun to play with.

Last edited:
Just loaded and unloaded the bike on the trailer after two fab days at Stonyford! The place was packed for the Richmond Ramblers enduro but we got there as it was ending so the trails were pretty empty. Camped in the North Fork Campground and rode all over the place. Conditions were perfect! Did about 80 miles over the two days and am getting more and more comfy on the cr250. It needs new tires and chain and sprockets! Actually had the chain come off on trail 21 all the way at the bottom in the creek section! It was so loose I was able to put it back on with no tools and gently rode back to camp! I'm ready to go back and I just got home!

this is a pretty great thread...
I am about to jump on the RMX and go make a new MX track in one of the (eight acre) empty lots in my neighborhood...
Any minute now. Right after I finish the dishes.

My semi-dirty SM610 got a lot dirtier with removal of SM wheels and installation of 21"/18" wheels with minty fresh knobbies. Then, as if that weren't enough, it got loaded up on a trailer and will be shredding central NV shortly :party

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

DesertChick

Back