• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Oh snap, you're getting that thing dialed in! I have an oversize tank, black with some minor-to-moderate scratches. Still looks good, but not like new. Free if you're interested.

I bought a new garage for it. Where I can ride out from my backyard onto a power line road, then to single track.

i-m8pmRM8-L.jpg

Oh snap, you're getting that thing dialed in! I have an oversize tank, black with some minor-to-moderate scratches. Still looks good, but not like new. Free if you're interested.

I'm totally interested. I'll PM ya! :thumbup

ITs been fun to watch all the progress on this bike. Baja plans?

Thanks. I try to add pics of everything to make it a little more interesting....

I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a kick in the pants to ride, albeit a bit heavy and cumbersome off road. I still need tires, an oversize tank, mod the carb, new seat cover and I'm lusting after black rims....

No hard plans for any trips yet. I would like to roam the Nevada high desert a little more and I wouldn't rule out Baja. Maybe the TAT as well.

Here's where the inspiration is coming from.....

100_1904.jpg

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656909

Thanks. I try to add pics of everything to make it a little more interesting....

I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a kick in the pants to ride, albeit a bit heavy and cumbersome off road. I still need tires, an oversize tank, mod the carb, new seat cover and I'm lusting after black rims....

No hard plans for any trips yet. I would like to roam the Nevada high desert a little more and I wouldn't rule out Baja. Maybe the TAT as well.

Here's where the inspiration is coming from.....

100_1904.jpg

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656909

Nice! Let me know if you hit the nevada high dessert. I'd love to ride there some day. I've been thinking about a Soldier Meadows hot springs run. Maybe trailer up to Gerlach and hit the playa and head north from there.

Nice! Let me know if you hit the nevada high dessert. I'd love to ride there some day. I've been thinking about a Soldier Meadows hot springs run. Maybe trailer up to Gerlach and hit the playa and head north from there.

There's a really cool oasis and ghost town (Seven Troughs) near Lovelock NV. I also want to go find that Glass house that Woodschick wrote about.... Moon Rocks is really cool too... :thumbup

Maybe we should plan a trip in the late spring (or whenever all the windflowers bloom) for a Nevada run! Woot!!

Seven Troughs is one of the ghost towns....

8685828907_6e264d64e9_b.jpg

On the other side of the Seven Troughs range is Porter Springs (Nice place to camp)

news_releases_photos.Par.43469.Image.-1.-1.1.jpg

40°24'56.4"N 118°51'58.8"W

About 5-10 minutes North of Seven Troughs is the remains of Tunnel NV, washed away by a flash flood. The Bank safe and safe door are laying out in the middle of the desert not far away.

I bought a new garage for it. Where I can ride out from my backyard onto a power line road, then to single track.

Whaaaat? Tell moar please. :)

This proposed Nevada ride, would it be dirt-only friendly? If yes, I'm super down. Someone wanna post up a rough map?

Last edited:
Well that was my thought. Trailer up there somewhere and hit the dirt. My bike has a plate so I'd be fine with roads too, but more dirt is more better in my mind. I dont know enough to put up a rough map, but lets do it!

Put on more knobby tires and got her nice and dirty at GOT training. Tires made a huge difference in amount of grip I had in the slippery conditions.

Awesome! So, you've moved? This new place looks kick ass. :thumbup

Drive up to Lovelock and ride from there. Hit Seven Troughs, Tunnel then Porter Spring and back to Lovelock.

Shorai L.I. Battery.

OEM: 6.88lbs.
Shorai: 1.54lbs.
-5.34lbs.

I washed my bike (because I rode through some mud puddles yesterday). When cleaning my OEM air filter in the sink, it peeled apart like an onion.

I think it was because it was old and I used scalding hot water. No-Toil had a rep for ungluing certain filters (Uni?) years ago until it became so popular they reconstructed their filters. Glad it didn't peel apart on the bike.

Back