• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Since I don’t ride anymore, I figured I would pull the forks to have them rebuilt. While I was at it, I pulled the trigger on the Lectron carb that has been in my shopping cart for a week. :laughing
I can’t let Tom’s smoker get more love than mine, dammit! :rofl

So is the Lectron carb a trick fix for the GAS GAS? What is wrong with the original carb?

So is the Lectron carb a trick fix for the GAS GAS? What is wrong with the original carb?

The fueling isn't right and I'm having trouble dialing it in. The slide is a bit worn which might be contributing. I have been wanting to try a Lectron for quite awhile now, and this seemed like a good time to do it.

The fueling isn't right and I'm having trouble dialing it in. The slide is a bit worn which might be contributing. I have been wanting to try a Lectron for quite awhile now, and this seemed like a good time to do it.

Got it.

Every 2T needs a couple/few jets on either side of what they have in them currently, to adapt to temp. and altitude changes. Too bad the low and high speed circuits require jet changes and not adjustments like a clip position. In any case, you'll love it once it is dialed. Lectron for the win!

The fueling isn't right and I'm having trouble dialing it in. The slide is a bit worn which might be contributing.
I wonder if there's some junk in the pilot? I remember that carb being a little finicky on idle speed but don't remember having any issues with how it worked. Pretty sure I put one of those NEDW needles in it too; also think I have another 6.5 or 7.0 slide kicking around if you end up going back to the PWK.

One thing I've noticed about the lectron is how smooth the power transition is. With no separate circuits like a typical carb they just ramp up smooth, I really noticed it on the 550 and thought the PWK was pretty dialed. Have a 6-2 rod in it but need to put in the 5-1; when it's good at 1/4 throttle and up it loads up down low; good down low and it's too lean mid way.

I pulled the trigger on the Lectron carb that has been in my shopping cart for a week.

vqGeMsr.gif

giphy.gif

you know, I always wonder if he practiced that weird mouth thing, or worked to minimize a natural issue. His mouth says 'impretthive', but he pronounces it well.

to make this post thread-legal, I considered swapping out a rear tube but decided it would hurt too much and cussed the bike.

Last edited:
I changed oil and spark plug. Will put in a new air filter and then load it up tonight in prep to go to Stonyford tomorrow and ride the mud. :)

im going to roach whats left to the rear tire tomorrow at carnegie as long as the rain does not close it down

no sir, they usually close it down so im hoping it doesn't rain until atleast until 2

I went to work this morning to find a pile of very lightly used tires waiting for me. I told a coworker yesterday I was going to order a new rear tire for my 2 smoke and he said his brother -a racer- had a pile of lightly used tires looking for a new home. I'm going to mount the rear tire pictured in the middle tomorrow. I may have good fronts for quite some time. What I can't believe, is he thinks I did him a favor by getting them out of his garage.

I'm very fortunate to know some very generous people, I call friends!

Attachments

• IMG_6777.jpg
    IMG_6777.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Almost looks like a track master

Great eye G! It is Track Master and it still has the little rubber nubbers on it.

I will probably go back to the trusty Trackmasters but they have a soft sidewall. I am saying "NO" to flats in Baja this year!

I went to work this morning to find a pile of very lightly used tires waiting for me. I told a coworker yesterday I was going to order a new rear tire for my 2 smoke and he said his brother -a racer- had a pile of lightly used tires looking for a new home. I'm going to mount the rear tire pictured in the middle tomorrow. I may have good fronts for quite some time. What I can't believe, is he thinks I did him a favor by getting them out of his garage.

I'm very fortunate to know some very generous people, I call friends!
man,and here i thought you were gonna say here, take these:teeth

man,and here i thought you were gonna say here, take these:teeth

Right? I mean, what would a friend do?

I vowed Mayo's new Kenda Parker it looks mean and lean.
I oulelled all the DOT nonsense off the rear fender and weighed it; 3lbs+ added flush tire signals and a rack :thunbbup

weigh gain of 1.35 lbs. :(

Back