• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I plugged it in so I can ride it later...

Washed, added some slack to the throttle, and fixed a flat front tire. Turned some slow circles in my street after that to work on head position and dragging the rear brake.

I washed it really well a couple of days ago after a good ride at Clear Creek. I hope it is ok, as I need to ride it this weekend in the Wild Rabbit.

Put my bikes away today after the weekend at StonyBARF. Sure enough one bike fell off the stand and left a nice gouge down my drivers door. Bummer.

Will start the disassembly of the YZ to get the timing dialed in, readjust the float bowl, and then figure out why the switch isn't turning on the light. Lots of little things to do.

New brake pads. I feel I got my money's worth out of these ones.

PxeAhTw.jpg

thedub;New brake pads. I feel I got my money's worth out of these ones. [img said:
https://i.imgur.com/PxeAhTw.jpg?1[/img]
Looks like a rotor too...

Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong. I will have to check my log, but I am pretty sure I am on my original rear pads on the bike I purchased in Nov. 2007. And not worn down like dub's but like 80% or more material remaining.

Looks like a rotor too...

Eh, it'll be fine.

I must be doing something wrong. I will have to check my log, but I am pretty sure I am on my original rear pads on the bike I purchased in Nov. 2007. And not worn down like dub's but like 80% or more material remaining.

Have you tried pressing that pedal near your right footpeg?

This is the 5th set I've put on in the 262.5 hrs I've had the bike. They last me about 65 hrs on average. Haven't replaced the front pads yet, although they are getting close, I have a new set on the bench waiting.

Eh, it'll be fine.

Agreed. It’ll buff right out.

Speaking of rear brake; I need to get better working that right foot. I have dramatically improved but still could benefit from finer control and getting comfortable with having the rear step out and transition smoothly to throttle.

Going to adjust timing on the bike today and then change the gear oil. Only one ride on the oil but trying to flush out the stuff that was in the box previously and set a baseline. Oil is cheap at $2.75/oil change. Then I’ll pull the carb and set my float as it is definitely off. Found out when you set the float height it should be when it firsts touches the plunger. I set it originally while the plunger was depressed :doh! I’ll also check my jetting and see where I’m at as I didn’t write down the numbers.

Getting ready for riding next weekend. Maybe ride Georgetown or a redemption ride at Stony because I didn’t get to ride much last weekend due to weather and getting frozen out because I didn’t wear enough gear to stay warm.

Finally pulled the toasted Maxxis Desert IT off the back of the XR after our Baja Trip. I was surprised to find two table spoons of sand in the tire! I never got a flat and ran 20 or so PSI. We did do something like 1,000 miles in a lot sand. That stuff gets everywhere.

Back