• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Washed it, waxed it, Armorall-ed it, put the stock seat back on, put the Throttlemeister back in service, and tried out the cover for the first time. Fit is less than ideal. Maybe I have it on backwards.

Attachments

• 3A2BA4AD-34FF-4F0D-B586-A3CBBBDB66D7.jpg
    3A2BA4AD-34FF-4F0D-B586-A3CBBBDB66D7.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 47
Ahhhh right. Not sure if anyone's interested, but I could stage some gas out there and we could do a little braf wst ride..?

What kind of route?
I have already done the Colfax to iowa hill to forest hill to fire lookout obove french meadows. Back to soda springs to soda springs and back down 80..
It was dark when i got back...

Hello. You have my attention.

Of course interested.

What kind of route?
I have already done the Colfax to iowa hill to forest hill to fire lookout obove french meadows. Back to soda springs to soda springs and back down 80..
It was dark when i got back...

I'd love to do it too, but I'm not all that hip to the route. I've only done trail 6 out of China Wall to somewhere after Last Chance, maybe Dusty Corners. I think that's only about 10 miles one way.

My buddy says the multi-use ends somewhere around Lyon's Peak. I was thinking China Wall to Lyon's Peak and back, but I think you'd start at Michigan Bluff if you wanted to try and do the entire multi-use portion. If the graph is right, it looks like around 40 miles each way from China Wall and maybe another 5mi from Michigan Bluff. Up to 90 miles with lots of switchbacks in the summer, that'd definitely be a workout, but I'd give it a go if we started early with a small group.

I think staging gas at Robinson Flat would work, or if the Truckee/Reno dudes didn't want to go through Auburn and preferred to go through Soda Springs, then we could meet at Robinson Flat Campground and do the 35-40 miles round trip from there to Lyon's Peak.

Couple decent images here: https://www.wser.org/course/maps/

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

I got air off a couple of big big undulations on the road leading to Alpine Dam in Marin last week at night on my RT. You have not lived until you have done stand-up jumps on a 550 lb street bike at night. ��

Ahhhh right. Not sure if anyone's interested, but I could stage some gas out there and we could do a little braf wst ride..?

for sure interested.
No plate needed? I can get 80 miles or more with the YZ250, all depends how much gas I put on my back (plus my 3.4 gallon tank, I think it is)
If its all the way to soda springs and back 80, i'm stuck on the KLR, and that means I'll probably need some help on those switchbacks! :teeth
(haha seriously though, I have been known to do some stupid stuff on that bike (and others), so don't tempt me!)

Haha, that's funny, I was recently thinking about what kind of bikes you could get through there. Some trail club smoothed out most of the tough spots on trail 6 and I bet you could make it on a first gen.

I don't think you'd need a plated bike and was planning on riding my dirt bike.

I got air off a couple of big big undulations on the road leading to Alpine Dam in Marin last week at night on my RT. You have not lived until you have done stand-up jumps on a 550 lb street bike at night. ��

Were you hooning with those stich clad goobers on VStroms?

I'd love to do it too, but I'm not all that hip to the route. I've only done trail 6 out of China Wall to somewhere after Last Chance, maybe Dusty Corners. I think that's only about 10 miles one way.

My buddy says the multi-use ends somewhere around Lyon's Peak. I was thinking China Wall to Lyon's Peak and back, but I think you'd start at Michigan Bluff if you wanted to try and do the entire multi-use portion. If the graph is right, it looks like around 40 miles each way from China Wall and maybe another 5mi from Michigan Bluff. Up to 90 miles with lots of switchbacks in the summer, that'd definitely be a workout, but I'd give it a go if we started early with a small group.

I think staging gas at Robinson Flat would work, or if the Truckee/Reno dudes didn't want to go through Auburn and preferred to go through Soda Springs, then we could meet at Robinson Flat Campground and do the 35-40 miles round trip from there to Lyon's Peak.

Couple decent images here: https://www.wser.org/course/maps/
Looks shorter than the soda springs run..with that right at the fire lookout.

Yeah those boxer twins are fine for jumping but if you want to lay it over in a turn you have to have a V-twin, and nothing works better in the dirt than a H-D, cuz 'murca.

[YOUTUBE]DVzxML23WI0[/YOUTUBE]

You're making me nostalgic for Seppes/Com3 videos :laughing Sounds like something he'd do.

Great, something else for my To Do list :mad

I saw daylight under my SV1000 once or twice, there’s some nice whoops up near Mammoth Pool.

Haha, that's funny, I was recently thinking about what kind of bikes you could get through there. Some trail club smoothed out most of the tough spots on trail 6 and I bet you could make it on a first gen.

:mad

There's plenty of easy stuff to ride everywhere, and not that much difficult stuff here (compared to other states) so it kinda pisses me off that someone took it upon themselves to make Trail 6 easier.

DisappointedChick

I completely agree! Go to Sugar Pine. Trail 2 is lots of fun and very easy, just ride that. I've been meaning to contact that group and tell them they're pussies and that I hate them, but I haven't been there in a bit and can't recall the name. Remember that technical rocky climb right after the bridge? Gone. Those slabs of rock and roots that made that one switchback extra challenging? Gone. Even that rocky section on the exposed part of the ridge is mellowed out, they must have been out there like a chain gang hammering rocks. Such a dumb and pointless thing to do.

I completely agree! Go to Sugar Pine. Trail 2 is lots of fun and very easy, just ride that. I've been meaning to contact that group and tell them they're pussies and that I hate them, but I haven't been there in a bit and can't recall the name. Remember that technical rocky climb right after the bridge? Gone. Those slabs of rock and roots that made that one switchback extra challenging? Gone. Even that rocky section on the exposed part of the ridge is mellowed out, they must have been out there like a chain gang hammering rocks. Such a dumb and pointless thing to do.

You mean these guys?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/154805341333098/search/?query=Trail 6

Back