• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I pulled the 40 pilot jet out of my RM and installed a 38 and rode it this past weekend at Carnegie. It is running really really well but not perfect down low yet. I'm so close. I'm going to install a leaner needle and try again. The more fuel I pull out the crisper it runs. I'm nowhere near too lean as it still smokes and produces spuge. After installing the gold valves the fork was SOOO much better but I wanted it even softer so I pulled about 15MM of oil out of both legs. What an improvement it made! It is softer yet and I'm using all the travel finally! I'm getting there!
I told you all that thing needed jetting and clutch adjustment. Have you inspected the clutch basket to see if it's notched?

Don't go too lean if you are coming over the hill this weekend. Cold weather, high air density.

i replaced what was left to the air filter on the cr 500 i bought a few weeks ago, makes me wonder what goes through peoples minds when they own a machine like this and never do any maintenance to it,,oh well, its mine and ive gone through it to make sure it is good, its psychotic to ride, awesome bike for sure

I pulled the 40 pilot jet out of my RM and installed a 38 and rode it this past weekend at Carnegie. It is running really really well but not perfect down low yet. I'm so close. I'm going to install a leaner needle and try again. The more fuel I pull out the crisper it runs. I'm nowhere near too lean as it still smokes and produces spuge. After installing the gold valves the fork was SOOO much better but I wanted it even softer so I pulled about 15MM of oil out of both legs. What an improvement it made! It is softer yet and I'm using all the travel finally! I'm getting there!

Your bike is so much better now than it was at Moab. You must feel like this:

22ift0.jpg

Got one!
Took the Motoventures course in Oct and been looking for a bike since.
'07 WR450 from the original owner, less than 900 miles on it.

MsKkaa8.jpg

Tires, fork seals and fluid changes this week and then its :ride:teeth

Went for a ride and there was a puddle in my truck on the way home! Time for some fork seals:

crf250x.jpg

The ride that did the seals in:
(and no, there were no scratches on the fork sliders. They look pristine)
off troll.jpg
https://youtu.be/1yqawwckCgQ

I finally washed my bike. The weather has been freezing and dreary and today it's sunny and just warm enough to flow water through a hose.

I also pulled off the rear wheel in order to change the tire. I think I'll take it inside and let it warm up.

I finally washed my bike. The weather has been freezing and dreary and today it's sunny and just warm enough to flow water through a hose.

That's one the thing I hate about winter riding. It's usually dark when I get home from riding, then it's dark when I get home from work all week. When the hell am I supposed to clean my bike?

Contacted a guy about buying a KDX200... Waiting on more info, but I'm more and more interested in moving to the dark (2T) side. Would likely end up selling my DR350, but I can't help but feel like the KDX would be a lot easier to ride off road.

We'll see, we'll see....

I went from a DR350S to a KDX200.Changed my life.

I hope it changes mine, too. After all of the mountain biking I did this past summer, it's going to be hard to go back to that boat anchor :laughing It's a great dual sport, but I really haven't done a whole lot of on-road riding or dual sporting this past year... so it's probably time to go.

Last edited:
Contacted a guy about buying a KDX200... Waiting on more info, but I'm more and more interested in moving to the dark (2T) side. Would likely end up selling my DR350, but I can't help but feel like the KDX would be a lot easier to ride off road.

We'll see, we'll see....

Terrible bikes. Incapable of anything.

Got my rear tire off and inspected the Tubliss liner. It looks great except it's chewed up a bit around the rim lock and I don't like how the inner tube sticks out a bit around one side of the rim lock. The rim tape even looks good.

My wheel bearings are toast and my Hazard Fraught blind bearing puller isn't working. I think I'll just go ghetto with a hammer and punch.

New tire is indoors getting warm.

Ok, I'll bite. Why is it the most incredible POS know to man?

I guess you haven't seen what Eric rides....that comment is very tongue in cheek (he has a KDX 200 and rides it everywhere).

I guess you haven't seen what Eric rides....that comment is very tongue in cheek (he has a KDX 200 and rides it everywhere).

I have ridden with Eric and I suppose I am aware he is clutching a green thing between his legs.
He does everything so smoothly that I don’t notice.

Took it out in the cold today.

Attachments

• IMG_20181213_132522435_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181213_132522435_HDR.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 26
Back