• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I power-washed my muddy bike and hand-washed its air filter.

Video from a couple weeks ago. 1080p60 with YouTube's crappy codec.
[youtube]Rqzlnsww2zE[/youtube]

Video from yesterday. 2160p30 with YouTube's better codec.
[youtube]m6LzprmWPpc[/youtube]

I'm still learning how to use the Sony FDR-X3000.

Last edited:
Valve adjust.
Didn't move within a measurable amount. I see that mark on the exh cam lobe, but it was not anything I could feel with my fingernail. Wondering if I should pull the cam and take a look at the finger...

QisYxgv.jpg

That's not good. The hardening may have worn off/through. Take a better pic and post it in the Garage sub-forum.

Ugh. Yes I think I need to go back and take it apart and remove the cams... a lot of extra work.

The two far side middle cam holder bolts don't look tight. ..?

There is a steel plate under the heads of those two bolts that holds a guide over the cam chain. I agree it does look that way though.

Washed it with Snow....:ride

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_145112898_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190210_145112898_HDR.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20190210_150618907_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190210_150618907_HDR.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 43
Do I want a TLR200? Certainly not at $1200, but what if I could knock him down a couple hundred more?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2289617517985870/

It’s the plated bike that doesn’t really do anything well. Check the Kickstarter lever most of them are cracked or broken and it is unique to the TLR. The one pictured has homemade side covers the originals are almost unobtainable. Oakland F4i rebuilt one from the ground up and has been rumored to have jumped flaming log piles.

It’s the plated bike that doesn’t really do anything well. Check the Kickstarter lever most of them are cracked or broken and it is unique to the TLR. The one pictured has homemade side covers the originals are almost unobtainable. Oakland F4i rebuilt one from the ground up and has been rumored to have jumped flaming log piles.

Sounds like a winner :laughing

In good news... Turns out I'll be in Albuquerque all summer for a research internship. The temporary living situation means I'll have no garage for my DR350, so... no dual sport action while I'm out there. Bit sad, because it would probably be a great bike for that sort of riding... Put the 5.8 gallon tank to use! Keep thinking about selling it, but if I end up living out there, I'd probably regret it. We'll see how the summer goes.

Going to have to settle for my mountain bike and lift access downhill trails. Might bring the moto boots with me just in case I meet somebody who happens to have an extra bike lying around :laughing

Do I want a TLR200? Certainly not at $1200, but what if I could knock him down a couple hundred more?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2289617517985870/

A lot of bits missing off that bike that are hard to source or expensive. $1200 for a complete TLR would be a steal. And as Gwynn mentioned, it really doesnt do anything good. Better off spending that $1200 on a real trials bike or a trail bike. A complete unmolested one is kinda cool, but they go for $2k+

Mine is eventually going to get the frame's head stock cut down and rewelded to sharpen the steering. As is, it doesnt even turn as well as vintage trials bikes. Some folks spend a lot of money modding them to run vintage twin shock trials. Mine was cheap and a great deal via Gwynn, but I still sunk a considerable amount into it. I've run a few twin shock trials events on it.

Last edited:
I was going to change the oil.
But I took the dog for a walk instead..

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_161135901.jpg
    IMG_20190225_161135901.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190225_161928077(1).jpg
    IMG_20190225_161928077(1).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 45
Moved the dirt bikes around the garage this morning... because...

... Got a free motorcycle. (Kept reading about that happening to people, but it finally happened to me!) Totally mint 2012 CBR250R with 5k miles. Friend moved out of state, and due to time constraints just told me to take the bike. And....if I ever sell it, give her a small percentage of the proceeds.

Waffling between keeping it and selling it. Already rode a 250 around the entire USA, which isn't an experience I want to do again :) But... it would probably make for a great commuter if/when gas prices shoot back up. But damn - values on these things seem to have plummeted given how many small displacement bikes are now on the market. There's a 2012 on Craigslist with 500 miles for $2200. Geez.

Maybe I'll sell it and buy a proper dirtbike.

I moved mine around the container, took the Beta off the trailer, moved the CRF230 over to the neighbor's as a kind of loaner, now it's time to love on my fabulous yacht.

I’m doing the top end on the 200. Realized in the process that the previous owner had the power valve assembled wrong. No wonder it didn’t have as much power as I expected! Looking forward to parts arriving and having it together by the weekend. Also will be replacing sticky front caliper and rebuilding the carb.

Ran it up and down the street some. It started pissing gas out of the carb overflow. Took off the float bowl, cleaned out some gook, cleaned up the needle, and put it back in the container.

I’m doing the top end on the 200. Realized in the process that the previous owner had the power valve assembled wrong. No wonder it didn’t have as much power as I expected! Looking forward to parts arriving and having it together by the weekend. Also will be replacing sticky front caliper and rebuilding the carb.

You know that bike is really too small for you :teeth

It's gonna be a whole new machine after sorting out the clutch, the power valve, and a new piston.

Washed 3 year old dirt off. Good thing there was race gas in the tank because I thought it would be gelled up. Drained out just fine no crap in it. Bike is gonna need some serious tlc. Might just put new gas and fresh plug and fire her up and keep riding:ride:rofl

Anyone know a reputable shop in the sac Roseville area?

Back