• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I feel like we probably would have heard about it if Dima made a trip up to ride in Central Oregon this weekend.

Everyone on the ride was an Oregon local. Some older Pro guys, some younger rippers, and a helluva good time. Believe it or not there are some guru's up here too!

Finishing up the Baja prep and packing over the next day or so. One item I always take with me is a bit guitar string wire. It's great when you don't have compressed air or carb cleaner on hand to clean out a clogged jet on the side of the trail.

But inevitably I always lose or can't find the bit of wire...... So this year I melted down a bit of old rubberized plastic from a discarded screw driver handle to make a little handle for my wire tool. Hopefully this helps in reducing the chance of losing it, or at least easier to spot in the bottom of my fender tool pouch. :laughing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Installed Racetorx chain adjusters, good product so far and easy to install.

Attachments

• torx1.jpg
    torx1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 63
  • torx3.jpg
    torx3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 45
  • torx2.jpg
    torx2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 67
I registered my Oregon sourced Alta EX #006 at the DMV Los Gatos. It took an hour and a half. Staff was pretty good. Competent and patient even. The system is pretty much of a nightmare. Mine was especially complicated with a vehicle inspection and shit.

I registered my Oregon sourced Alta EX #006 at the DMV Los Gatos. It took an hour and a half. Staff was pretty good. Competent and patient even. The system is pretty much of a nightmare. Mine was especially complicated with a vehicle inspection and shit.

Duuuuuuuuuude... F you! I hate you.... :laughing

I dream of poaching trails on an EX in Golden Gate Park and the Presidio with such a bike!

You are a hero Butch!

You are my hero, dude. You can borrow it any time.

I one! 006, the Alta EX.
HERO DIRT!!! Carnegie, Burnt Pottery. I had not ridden that little corner of singletrack before. Sweet.

Finally broke down the little TTR, cleaned out it’s little float bowl, rinsed out its little gas tank, cleaned out all irs under its. It started first kick :banana

Woot!

Finally broke down the little TTR, cleaned out it’s little float bowl, rinsed out its little gas tank, cleaned out all irs under its. It started first kick :banana

Woot!

Satisfying :thumbup

It's a little learning experience. There is nothing scary on that bike...except me. Wheelies on Bay st. Yippie!

It's a little learning experience. There is nothing scary on that bike...except me. Wheelies on Bay st. Yippie!

Wait, you can wheelie a ttr125?!?!

I have been trying on my wife's for years. I have to have my ass almost on the rear fender and my legs by the back wheel to get any lift when cracking the throttle.

It wheelies pretty well, practicing pivot turns etc
Heck even the Vino will wheelie!
:wheelie!

I moved EX006 into the driveway to be washed.

Then I got high.

Got cabin fever, went for a ride.

IMG_20190130_115925153-L.jpg

Stymied by snow again. Wet, heavy snow.

IMG_20190130_115949122-L.jpg

I finally learned to enjoy it like sand. Weight back, light on the bars, and deal with it. But the sand method didn't work up and down hills, only on the rare flats.

IMG_20190130_125447969-L.jpg

After that pic I failed up the north face of a steep hill with 6-8" of snow.

Rare selfie showing the new helmet cam.

IMG_20190130_125707874-L.jpg

I missed out on a lot of good footage. First the cam was set to loop record, WTF? Then it kept turning off, I thought because the button was hitting my gear. After remounting to under my visor I found it the battery was low and it was turning itself off. FML

But did you die? No.

IMG_20190130_115938830-L.jpg

Last edited:
Hollister, rode it until we couldnt ride anymore. TTRs are like clown cars, they just keep a girl giggling.

Back