• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

This thread had really fallen down the list; last post in June!

I installed a fresh tire on Saturday. And what did I find? Just this big-ass stick embedded in my mousse all the way through to the wheel. No big deal.

x3qZCAB.jpg

wDKLR0R.jpg

BYIwLyh.jpg

GaAkMwu.jpg

repaired my cracked clutch cover on my cr500 from a mishap at Carnegie a few weeks ago and finally installed the tubliss in the front tire on my kx250,just finished rebuilding the rear shock on my 96 yz 250 also

Replaced the timing chain, the clutch pack cush drive assembly, fork seals and bushings, speedo pickup, adjusted the valves, bled the brakes, and changed out a bad headlight on the Husky TE 610. I think she's finally ready to ride... Oh wait, it needs new tires and I'm thinking on putting in the Tubliss setup when that happens.

Worst tool pouch ever!

I took off my pipe and silencer due to leaking spooge. The pipe was leaking at the cylinder due to a previous crash and hardened (and shrunk?) o-rings. The silencer was leaking at the pipe joint and body seam because ... 2strokeYardSale. Spooge is my destiny.

That thing was freshly repacked. Some of the packing was saturated goo, some was just discolored. Maybe I'll take pictures and show Michael how to repack his FMF. I think his might not have a core.

I was going to seal everything up with Yamabond 6B instead of auto store red goo this time, but my 6B was just a hardened mess. Half a tube, $7 down the train. Investors for my single-use sealant tubes, act now!

You have by far the worst spooge problems of any bike I've ever seen. I literally could not handle the amount of spooge you deal with. I would have probably just got rid of that bike entirely a long time ago.

Last edited:
Requiem to an orange love.

My dear, you and I have been together a long time.
We have seen joy and pain, and many many hours of smiles and laughter.
Through it all we never faced a challenge we couldn't get through together, with time and patience.
You never left me stranded, no matter how adverse the situation.
We carried others on your back, towed them to safety in their hour of need, as only a strong soul can.
My eyes have wandered, many, many times.
But I am committed to you.
You let me know it was time you needed help, i am listening, and i will stop at nothing to make you strong again.
We will be on the trail again soon, moving quickly toward unknown adventures.
Soon. Soon, my old friend.
You will be whole again.
And so will I.

Attachments

• IMG_20191011_221438.jpg
    IMG_20191011_221438.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20191012_000207.jpg
    IMG_20191012_000207.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
At what point do they become family ?

Yeah, at 450+ hours and 12 years of hard riding and racing, time for a refresh. What a lame brand.

Nice! Seems like there's a lot of folks don't get nearly that kind of service out of them... main reason I haven't thought seriously about getting one.

I have a Cali plated 2007 400 xcw, which is a unicorn and the last and best of the dependable RFS engine.

I also punched it out to 453 in 2010, which is a short stroke 450, which delivers the best power for tight rocky single track here in Tahoe.
It is so good that the current generation of ktm 450s use the same bore and stroke now, not the longer stroke 450s had for so long.

I started to hear a bearing noise, so it will get all new bearings, have the crank and rod inspected and swapped if needed, new cam chain, valve job, piston and rings, etc.
It will be good for another 500 hours. (But will I be?)

Completed Coyote Creek Sprint Enduro 2019
1013191504_HDR-X2.jpg

1013191505-X2.jpg

Did 3 tip ends today, all KTM 300s with over 100 hours on the top end. All 3 looked great but wanted to be ready once the rain takes care of all the dust. Did a carb clean in the ultra sonic parts washer. Front and rear wheel bearings. Front and rear tire swap with new nitro mouse bibs. First time installing the bibs, definitely not as easy as tubeless or regular tubes. Now I have to take one rim with a broken hub and another with a cracked hoop and turn them into one good wheel. Pretty productive day!

I started my KTM 300 for the first time in 13 months. And rode around in my driveway.

I had drained the carb & tank before "storing" it (or ignoring it). Put in some fresh gas/oil mix, and kick #3 if fired up and ran fine.

Ready to ride! :)

Will probably get a Hollister pre-rain Renz trail ride in. Then wait for some moisture before other rides.

Bought a sag scale and set the sag on my '14 KTM 300 XC...
can't believe how far off it was....
a1scoot:teeth

Back