• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

LoL, I initially wanted just the TTR125 but he also mentioned in the ad that there was a KX80 for sale. Make an offer for both. I knew I wanted the TTR for sure so I mentioned I WANT the TTR but also interested in the KX80 so that I could ride the mini bike with my kiddo in the same kids area without getting any grief, and both are green stickers. My regular bike is a red sticker 18 KTM 450SXF. Any how, I get a txt to come take a look and make an offer when I get back to town. 10 minutes later, I get another txt out of the blue, "Buy both the KX80 and TTR125 for $XXXX and I'll throw in this XR70R". Score, got 3 lol.

Did some carb cleaning and tuning, new grips, some new panel screws, air filters, and a few other small things, I've got 3 running and rideable kids bikes.

Let's play Polo!!!

On Monday I rode my Sur Ron Light Bee at Metcalf Motorcycle Park and didn't use and gasoline at all! First time I rode a Chinese electric dirtbike at Metcalf. I have ridden an American one though.
0429191231c_HDR-XL.jpg

0429191325a-XL.jpg

0429191325c-XL.jpg

0429191413b-XL.jpg

0429191414-XL.jpg

0429191434-XL.jpg

0429191435-XL.jpg

0429191447-XL.jpg

0429191622-XL.jpg

Last edited:
going to take it out for some trail maintenance at white pines on sunday,anyone wanna join?its gonna be me and 2 others, when I say trail maintenance, i mean bring your funderwear because it will be awesome nasty fun:thumbup

Last edited:
Love the pictures, Merlin! :thumbup
There's something about a license plate on that thing that cracks me up. :laughing

Went for a ride on my 450 to scout a more direct route to Moonrocks from my house when I want to truck my 250. Then I just explored. It's amazing how much there is to ride around here.

The direct route ends up with 6 miles of dirt road that will be too slow in my truck, so I will continue taking the long way around.

IMG_20190505_100944974-L.jpg

IMG_20190505_103932516-L.jpg

IMG_20190505_111346995-L.jpg

IMG_20190505_114601978-L.jpg

The weather was pleasant but the trails were dry and lacked traction. I saw a couple antelope and a lot of cows.

[youtube]WtqN7qVqOk4[/youtube]

Came home, drained the float bowl, checked the oil and found it a little low. Added oil, warmed up the engine to re-check the oil, then drained the float bowl again.

Last edited:
I started looking at Tuneecu threads and info. I'll take the plunge soon and reprogram her brain.

I'll tell you what I will be doing this weekend:
Changing the rear brake fluid.
During the Fools Gold enduro last weekend, I lost the rear brake THREE times! And it took a while to cool down and recover....grrrrr .

(I figured I should have replaced the fluid when I bought the bike 2 months ago [it's a 2015], but I was lazy)
I also need to adjust the pedal height down and/or learn better brake technique while seated

rt rider I'm pretty sure it was my bad technique of too much brake-dragging, but I will sure get some good stuff to put in there.
Thanks for that list brichter, looks like some are better than others for sure!

It is soooo scary when you stab at the brakes and nothing happens, yikes! Takes some fun out of it when you have to slow down to let the brakes cool :(

I talked to one rider who replaces his rear fluid before every enduro. I just might do that, too. Could save from going off a cliff or into a tree!

Another couple of things to think about with the rear brake issue: slotted vs solid rotor; oversize rotor (pretty sure I've seen those for the rear); softer pads with more bite. Anything you can do to increase the grab of the brakes will reduce the time on them, less time on means more time to cool between uses. Also make sure the rotor isn't bent and that the pads are backing off completely.

Changing pedal position will help too, I was riding my big bike last weekend and the brake is so low compared to my trials bike it took a minute to find it....waaaaayy down there it seemed. But you ride them so differently it seemed like a good spot after a 1/2 hr on the pegs.

more good brake info, thanks elemental!

Solid rotors are for mud rides, aren't they? Maybe they have other benefits than keeping grime from getting between pads and rotor?

I might be wrong, but in my case, I think it's 90% related to brake pedal position/technique (and also inadequate brake fluid).

I've been watching the faster-than-me riders, and I was seeing that they were sitting down and going fast through lots more terrain than me (I have much more experience on trials bikes. How can you control a bike while sitting?! so strange!)
So i've been experimenting with more time on the seat, and i've found there ARE places where sitting is faster.

My brake pedal is set where it works great for standing, but when I sit, it seems kinda high and harder to modulate as my ankles just don't bend up very well with those stiff boots, so I kinda of need to hover over the pedal, not resting on the peg. I think I start getting tired of holding up my leg and that's when I start dragging the brake a bit.

I'm going to experiment with lowering the pedal, after putting in fresh, premium fluid.

To add to the collective knowledge of improving brakes, there are also finned gadgets you can add to the rear brake to keep things cool (like what they have at slavens)
System-Tech-Racing-Rear-Caliper-Cooler-2.jpg

Last edited:
Well what I do when I'm tired and don't want to stand is I will kind of hover my butt over the seat when there's is some rough terrain I'm going over. Like I'll sit and something comes up and hover off the seat and back down after.

While waiting for my new high performance brake fluid to arrive for the dirt bike (Maxima Hi-Temp Racing was $13 less than the Motul RBF 660 Racing with only a 1 degree difference in boiling point)

I decided to get the mototrials running after it sat for over a year (!), in hopes of riding the cowpile trial weekend:

Started with only 2 kicks!

Clutch
was non-existent. Reservoir went dry. Quick bleed/flush and it works great.

Front brakes:
some pressure, but disk/pads coated in brake fluid. Worthless.
I have new pads, but don't want to put them in and contaminate them if the caliper is going to continue leaking, so I tried to get the current stuff working and see if it will keep me going for now.
Removed pads, ultrasonic a few minutes in ZEP degreaser, followed by simple green, followed by water then propane torch until they are smoking (probably should have smoked them a few times)
Degreased rotor, then took a stone (like for sharpening knives) and roughed up both sides without removing the rotor. Cleaned with brake cleaner.

I now have a front brake that will do 1 finger stoppies again! Still working fine after the 1st 20 minute session!

20190511_171638.jpg

Got a new one! Went out behind the house yesterday after work for .8 hours of break-in.

XgWBW5J.jpg

My god! That is beautiful! The bike and the background

Rode supermotos in the dirt for the first time :) The Light Bee is terrifying with the supermoto wheels in the dirt haha.

0607191322-XL.jpg

0607191322a-XL.jpg

0607191356-XL.jpg

0607191356a-XL.jpg

0607191437-XL.jpg

0607191512b-XL.jpg

Back