• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Well I've been talking about it for 2.5 years and today I finally bit the bullet. I ordered my supermoto conversion kit for the XR650r. Now I'm playing the waiting game for it to get here.

Oh my, you have a plated one, sweet! Clearly it's a beast anywhere the trail opens up, but how much of a handful is it on singletrack?

Oh my, you have a plated one, sweet! Clearly it's a beast anywhere the trail opens up, but how much of a handful is it on singletrack?

Well I rode with a very experienced guy from adv rider who knew the trail (I didnt) and he couldn't get away on his nicely built husky 450. Then he got dirty and took me on some trail that was just and 8inch wide rut weaving in and out of a bunch of pine trees. In some spots you had to let your bark busters hit one tree to get passed another tree. Still couldn't get away. When we got to the end he stopped took of his helmet and with a very puzzled look said "I can't believe how fast you are on that pig." /cool story.

Yeah I suppose I should have known better, rider>bike. :thumbup

Not much happened to my bike today, but I retrieved my K&L moto lift and set it up in the garage. It's the Mercedes of lifts and I'm psyched to have a place to do my maintenance once again. I had to install new leveling bolts and give it a good cleaning.

Garage is carpeted with lights and, holy shit the dog just farted,!! Jesus..anyway...:laughing its finally the garagemahal that I've been wanting!

:fart

Last edited:
It's kind of a cheater bike. I doesn't feel heavy when you're riding it. The power is so electric with the torque it just goes. Upshift too soon it just goes. Forget to shift down it just goes. Makes you literally LOL in your helmet when riding.

Drool overload. Finally here:drool:drool:drool.

Attachments

• 20150826_123916.jpg
    20150826_123916.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 53
Ya...was nice knowin' y'all.

Rode Mammoth Bar today with a couple buds, had a really nice time.
OFDN5fH.gif

More updates in the sumo thread. Built a short kickstand.

Attachments

• 20150828_162304-1.jpg
    20150828_162304-1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20150828_162253-1.jpg
    20150828_162253-1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
^^^Did you anodize it?

Picked up a plated '04 450 EXC, been going through it, cleaning/greasing/etc. Will post some pics when it's pic worthy. :)

^^^Did you anodize it?

Picked up a plated '04 450 EXC, been going through it, cleaning/greasing/etc. Will post some pics when it's pic worthy. :)

It's red anodized spray paint.:laughing makes shiny stuff appear like anodized. It works pretty good but not perfect. Lots of dusting coats works best.

There's start to finish pics in the sumo thread.

Last edited:
Fun to think it was running around on Usal Road last weekend in dirt trim and now all cleaned up and de-dirted it:

Attachments

• 690smr.jpg
    690smr.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 34
Do you switch out the chain as well when you go to the dirty wheels? Just curious.

Looks sharp with those 17s on it, oobus. I still prefer my 18/21 for most applications.

It really is the closest thing to a do-it-all machine. What's the trick for removing the rear sumo wheel without fighting the caliper?

Back