• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Swapping out the carb and throttle cables takes about an hour for me so if I absolutely had to it's always an option. As for compression ratio I like to stay under 10.0:1 for a number of reasons.

Rode my dirt bike in a very long time. Weather was perfect at carnegie today. Little dusty though.

Yay dub for joining the mosquito abatement program!

It turns out that 2005 KX250 with Gorr mo betta 295 big bore and Rekluse auto clutch is for sale now, $2500. Needs rear tire and will need chain and sprockets soon. Titled and NV registered. It's in Reno and the owner is available during the day. PM me for details and history of the bike.

^^^That's a lotta bike for the coin.

Took the orange bike out for its maiden and came across a mine shaft. Crazy how far it went in, I'd guess around a quarter mile. It's almost big enough to drive a small truck into. Last pic is the opening at the first turn, it went even further. Reflection/washout is from the steam coming off my hand.

7X2sheg.jpg

72Iy65Q.jpg

fXyRSit.jpg

Where is this at? Mine shafts are cool but I'm to sceered to go in them because of deadly gasses or cave ins.

Not sure exactly, but it's somewhere around where the Lowell fire was at. There were lots of signs of traffic, shoe prints, atv tracks, beer cans, so we figured there were at least non-lethal levels of gas. It was mostly rock and many places like California Caverns, or Moaning Cavern, they're more impervious to collapse than most buildings. Though...there was one decent sized lump on the ground and a void above. :|

I changed it.

photo_zps816444dd.jpg

Sick! :thumbup

I love my '09 250. Really want to try a 300. Bat sh!t crazy for two strokes. Thinking about picking up a CR500 just for kicks.

Went riding at G-town Saturday. My buddy on his YZF450 was ripping on my no link suspension 2 smoker. Then he got hung up on a down tree and I popped right over it. "Yer hung up on yer linkage!" I yelled back at him. :rofl

Rode the 450EXC at Mammoth 9/12 weekend. It's fun, but I like gnarly single track on a 2 cycle.

I mounted my new to me EBay front wheel on my XR400. Baja and the Sheetiron pretty much finished the original. It had an eight inch long depression of about 3/16" of an inch on one bead, and a typical flat spot from hitting a standard rock way to hard. The seller said the wheel was straight with no cracks etc, but this thing looks like it is a year old. Straight as an arrow, with virtually no scratches, even from changing tires. It is the best $75.00 to my door wheel I've ever bought.

Rode it!

Took the new bike out for it's first trail ride on Saturday. Did 40+ miles in the Pine Nut Mountains. I freakin' love this thing. Everything felt great; it fits me well, ergonomically. It's a wheelie monster and it's awesome.

924051_952512671477406_329117386_n.jpg

Awesome! I'm super jealous of your location and bike!

Y u take off trials tire, foo?!

Well, I took that particular one off because it wasn't long for this world anyway. Tread was getting low and knobs were chunking. Also, you need to start with fresh tires when you install these:

6837_tublissr.jpg

I don't a have a good reason why I didn't put a new one on. I guess I just haven't drank the trials tire kool-aid. I thought about trying a MotoZ Mountain Hybrid, but I think a proper knobby serves me just fine.

When are we doing another Moonrocks ride?

Last edited:
And I rode to that location from my house.

I hate you.

Well, I took that particular one off because it wasn't long for this world anyway. Tread was getting low and knobs were chunking. Also, you need to start with fresh tires when you install these:

12036493_934179869986408_8839195891023759599_n.jpg

How do you like those?

Back