• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Mounted a new front Maxxis Maxxcross IT tire. I love these things. tons of traction in all conditions and it wears like iron.

Also reused my bib-mousse again. Probably my 4th tire on this bib. Awesome.

Got a little upgrade for my bike :thumbup

I'm gonna change my air filter and ride tomorrow.

Loooooove no-toil products, but didn't know they made chain lube! Will have to give it a try. Hopefully it isn't too waxy like Maxima.

I scored a used oversize tank for the crf450 for $50. I *think* it's an IMS 3.4g, which is a solid boost from the stock 1.9g. Of course it screwed up where my hour meter mounts, but I'll sort it out somehow.

I took the sticker off, but I think the chain lube was $13 on the sticker, but checking out it was $10 at Cyclegear :ride

I didn't know No-Toil made chain lube. Awesome, now we can have long discussions on what's the best cleaner for a No-Toil lubed chain!

What's the benefit? Does it come off with soap and water or their propietary cleaner?

The benefit? Chain better be shiny after I'm done with it tonight

Finally got my new workarea to a point i can work on my bikes.... Getting ready for my first ride of the season.....

Oil change, new grips, new air filter for the 450.... fixed a leaky fork on the xr100... twas a good day.

Def interested in No Toil chain lube. Way cool.

Here's the 525 in Sumo trim. I added a Nomadic rack.

20151017_080851_resized_zpsla9doqks.jpg

Tried the chain lube, but I think I just need to get a new chain and start fresh lol lot of dirt came off regardless though.

Not sure how I like the fitment on the no toil filter, but probably easier to clean I imagine

Not sure how I like the fitment on the no toil filter, but probably easier to clean I imagine
Waaaaay easier to clean. Don't use a lot of their expensive cleaner, but do use some, mixed with dish soap and warm water. Even if you want to use the laundry machine, pre-washing in a sink is helpful.

Their filters aren't great quality but cheap enough to toss and get a new (pre-oiled!) one at the first sign of it wearing.

The previous owner of my bike refused to clean oil filters. Buying a new pre-oiled one for $22 was worth it to him. I got 4 brand new ones in the package with my bike. Score.

What did I do with my dirt bike today?

Sold it!,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 204
Back