• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

How do you like those?

Well, I only have the one ride on them so far, but a-ok.

They are a real pain to install the first time; you have to do a lot of prep on the rims.

I can give a better opinion once I have more time with them. I started out on that first ride at 10 psi, which is really high for most people who run Tubliss, and I plan on dropping the pressure slowly to see how low I can get away with. Some people run their Tubliss at 2-4 psi, but I don't feel like I'll be able to go that low because I'm heavy, I charge pretty hard, and it's very rocky where I ride.

One thing I definitely like is not having to carry as spare tube, patches, tire irons, and axle nut wrenches.

Well, I only have the one ride on them so far, but a-ok.

They are a real pain to install the first time; you have to do a lot of prep on the rims.

I can give a better opinion once I have more time with them. I started out on that first ride at 10 psi, which is really high for most people who run Tubliss, and I plan on dropping the pressure slowly to see how low I can get away with. Some people run their Tubliss at 2-4 psi, but I don't feel like I'll be able to go that low because I'm heavy, I charge pretty hard, and it's very rocky where I ride.

One thing I definitely like is not having to carry as spare tube, patches, tire irons, and axle nut wrenches.

I ride the same type stuff and I never had a flat with heavy duty tubes. I can run lower pressure as well.

I ran the Tubliss system on my 690 for awhile, but it makes tire changes such a royal PITA that I finally yanked it out and went back to tubes.

Made this one a little less dirty.

21093588113_028f80435a_z_d.jpg

^
Gorgeous machine

I moved mine out of the garage, did some garage tidying, and moved it back in. :|

Get rid of that heavy rubber
And put Avons on that for More Fun!!!!

I ride slow, probably less than 50% of what this bike can offer. It's gonna be a long time before the weight of tires make a difference for me. I have a set of SC1's if I ever head to the kart track.

I ride slow, probably less than 50% of what this bike can offer. It's gonna be a long time before the weight of tires make a difference for me. I have a set of SC1's if I ever head to the kart track.

It's not a 08 is it......:|

I ran the Tubliss system on my 690 for awhile, but it makes tire changes such a royal PITA that I finally yanked it out and went back to tubes.

Yeah, I've read several accounts of people going from Tubliss back to tubes (they love to talk about Tubliss over at ktmtalk) for various reasons. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the pros outweigh the cons for me.

Got the 250XCW dirty on Saturday at G-town with the wife. FANTASTIC riding.

Then I drove all the way to Sonora to look at an 07 525EXC to replace the 450EXC. Spent all day Sunday putting the sumo wheels on it, cleaning it, adjusting, riding it.

The 450 has an FOX RC3 Podium shock and Fox re-valved forks so I want to swap those over to the 525 as well as some new plastic, a tire and other parts I put on it.

I was going to put new rings in. But first I did a compression test to document the change from old rings to new rings.

YZ250%20compression-L.jpg

Uh, 200 psi at 5,100 feet altitude, I won't be changing rings just yet. I put some gas in it and went for a ride. Started first kick every time except after it was upside down. Stupid carbs, I want my DFI!

The bad news about that comp test is I recorded it in my notebook and found I did a comp test in February before I broke my wrist, 180 psi. Either the rings seated better since (only a few hours of riding), or I shouldn't be using a Harbor Freight gauge. Or Kragen or whatever.

Last edited:
Put new rear trials tire on the cr250 and finally replaced the air filter on the xr650r.

Back