• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Went to Foresthill today and had an excellent time. It wasn't nearly as dusty as I thought it would be and there were even a few moist areas!

New rear tire and tubliss on the BRP!
TJW5mMo.jpg

CCYgjpq.jpg

SQAzWb0.jpg

Last edited:
Went to Foresthill today and had an excellent time. It wasn't nearly as dusty as I thought it would be and there were even a few moist areas!

The wife and I were at China Wall Saturday....we rode T5 and came back up Elliot Ranch road. A few downed trees across the trail and parts of it were washed out, made it a bit more challenging.

We hit a few downed trees as well, but people had made some short little bypasses. How was T5? Seems like it hasn't been as nice the last couple years as it used to be. We dd a little bit of the T5 connector from Sugar Pine towards China Wall, that's a fun one.

Super excited about my new front tire after my bad time in the sand this past weekend, and I was expecting it next Tuesday! In with the new, out with the old.

No wonder it was a slip n slide in the sand

We hit a few downed trees as well, but people had made some short little bypasses. How was T5? Seems like it hasn't been as nice the last couple years as it used to be. We dd a little bit of the T5 connector from Sugar Pine towards China Wall, that's a fun one.

It was fun! More challenging than usual.

XR650 extended idle screw installed on the XR4 :thumbup

Checked the plug while I was under the hood.

This side looked pretty good.

This side of the plug not so much. Kinda sooty..

I was just going to re-seal my silencer, again, because it leaked spooge, but I ended up repacking it and re-sealing it with Yamabond 6B instead of that orange goo. Man the packing was trashed, wet spoogey mess. That's what I get for riding in warmer weather with winter jetting.

I changed the oil and had a hell of a time putting the drain plug back in. The Yamaha engineers, who have a thing about oil, made the plug hole at an angle. No big deal, except I have a skid plate. The skid plate engineers made a hole, no big deal, except they made it for a vertical drain bolt. I've always used a specific 14mm socket with short wobble extension but this time it took forever to replace.

I worked on my XR650L last night and was able to replace the rear linkage bearings and seals, chain and sprockets, clutch cable, connected a choke cable from my FCR carb to the OEM choke lever, and reject the carb. I took it out today for about 80 miles and it's running pretty good. I went with 14/48 sprockets which is the first time I've ran this gearing and it seems like the hot ticket considering where I live and the trails I ride. I have a 15 tooth sprocket to let me cruise a little higher speed if need be. The suspension feels great and was deffinately a noticeable improvement.

I do have an slight bog from 0-1/8 throttle which I think is from a rich Pilot jet so I will be going down 1 size. When I was working on the carb I pulled the float bowl to replace the the leak jet and while I was there I checked to make sure the AP pump diaphragm was installed correctly and it wasn't, so I made that right. Also swapped in a leaner main jet. I am still getting really crappy fuel mileage, in the low 30s so I've got somemore fine tuning to go. Maybe I shouldn't ride like an ass and I'll get better mileage.:laughing

The new/used oversize tank I bough on CL is cracked around the cap. I was seeing red for a few minutes there! Put the stock tank back on. Been sitting for a few weeks and it wouldn't kick start, just a couple backfires. I put in a new pilot and spark plug, no change. Bump starts okay, but doesn't run as smooth as it should. The temps have dropped quite a bit, I'm thinking it might need a valve adjustment...

Put new Kenda equilibrium tire on the xr650r and installed tube saddles front and back. Waiting for new wheel bearings to arrive before I reinstall the wheels.

No I cant swing it, plus the cr250 is in pieces still. :thumbdown :(

Back