• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Replaced bent front brake on WR450F....

IMG_20161129_203439815-L.jpg

...with new Galfer...

IMG_20161129_210317198_HDR-XL.jpg

...and replaced the 95% brake pads with new SBS sintered pads which I've had laying around for ~9 years.

The Galfer propaganda says using non-Galfer pads voids their warranty. Fuck 'em.

Rear caliper rebuild.

20161201_1807141_zpsaqguct7o.jpg

Edit: Does that picture appear right side up or upside down to you guys? God damn photobucket.

Re-installed pipe from Pacific Crest Pipe repair.

IMG_20161201_185841759-X2.jpg

They did a great job removing the dents. There are scars where the dents used to be. I didn't really take any "before" pictures, other than taking pics of my bike on rides. Let me see if I have any pics that show the dents.

IMG_0003-XL.jpg

And it sort of counts as a dirty bike considering what I've done with it: I replaced the blown fuse on my Moto Guzzi that stranded me last night.

Image looks right side up to me. :dunno

I'm on a different computer now and it looks ok. When I made the thread it was upside down on BARF but right side up in Photofuckit.

Anyway, one of the two oil seals in the caliper pretty much fell apart when I dug it out of it's groove. That may have been the culprit for the dramatic rear brake fade I was getting the last few rides.

Wow 2SYS that looks great! Congrats!

Took a half day at work and met Butch at Metcalf yesterday. We only rode for awhile, as I had a minor cranial flatulation and ended up dumping my bike and spraining my thumb. Derp. Fortunately, I had the chance to ride Butch's gorgeous Alta for a few minutes prior to dumping my bike. HOLY COW! That Alta is the real deal. Super easy to ride, gobs of torque, and it just seemed to go exactly where I wanted it to. Very cool machine. Here are a few shots of Butch on the Alta:

4R4QL7.jpg

vYo94S.jpg

gISVAe.jpg

nKaITY.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few gifs but they are too large to attach and BARF, I can't figure out how to link them from ImageShack (they seem to link as a jpg with a single frame), and they don't link well from Facebook. Bummer.

Cool pix Aaron!
Sorry about the thumb...

I love that pic of the back wheel and barf sticker! Hope the thumb is ok!

The thumb hurts, but it's not a big deal. I could probably have ridden more, but I'm old enough to know that doing so would only prolong the healing process. I guess I'll stay off the bikes for a week or two until it feels better. Bummer.

Back