• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

you need to put a dollar bill in there for scale. Or something. It looks all distorted. 20mm lens? WTF is focal length?

Little Farkles?

It's taken w/ iPhone...and it's an 80, so not exactly big bike dimensions :teeth

It's taken w/ iPhone...and it's an 80, so not exactly big bike dimensions :teeth

that is what I thought, but it was more fun to think it was a normal bike in some twisted dimension with 36" of rear wheel travel.

I'm riding tomorrow, Troll trail at Hollister. Prolly.
What about you guys?

Doing the Ken Hill FLAPD date this weekend. Any other BaRFers coming to that one ?

I'm riding tomorrow, Troll trail at Hollister. Prolly.
What about you guys?

Cough.... I'd rode sections of it Saturday around 4pm in the rain... through the deep mud solo. Made it a little more interesting. :twofinger

Spent over an over with the power washer getting all the mud off.

Cough.... I'd rode sections of it Saturday around 4pm in the rain... through the deep mud solo. Made it a little more interesting. :twofinger

Spent over an over with the power washer getting all the mud off.

dude, don't do that. riding solo is a safety issue. make me join you. I did not ride it Sunday purely because I would not do it alone. Jeeze, it could get... difficult, alone.

Gonna PM you my shit.

dude, don't do that. riding solo is a safety issue. make me join you. I did not ride it Sunday purely because I would not do it alone. Jeeze, it could get... difficult, alone.

Gonna PM you my shit.

No worries Butch, we had a large group over the wknd camping. Just giving you a hard time! :twofinger

Had folks to ride with and did ride with them for the most part. But I also wander off on my own to do my "stuff" on occasion like Saturday when I did a few sections of Troll. Folks knew where I was in the very unlikely case I didnt return. :ride

I do agree with you it is a safety issue and wouldnt recommend it for many folks.... but I do it regardless. There are ways to reduce your exposure to risk elements when doing it, but not eliminate them. And I know it, recognize it, and accept it. :thumbup

BTW, your Alta would have been a gas on Saturday.

Some farkles arrived today:

31613018796_2a2e976658_c.jpg

30808373734_9bc403eabc_c.jpg

31649729175_0ae02ee7e2_c.jpg

I done got this:

30744714304_ab9cc0144a_c.jpg

Farklemania to come.

Wheeeee !!! :party

My first dirt bike was a 1984 CR80. Most fun I ever had in my entire life was learning how to ride in the woods on that thing! :laughing

Have fun with it! :thumbup

TwoStrokeChick

Should a dirt bike be able to freely do clutchless downshift ? I'm able to do so in mine and not really revmatching much .. wondering if something is screwy with my bike or if I have some secret technology from the Kawisaki MotoGP days. :laughing

Should a dirt bike be able to freely do clutchless downshift ?

Sure, very easy. Not sure what that'd do to your transmission if you did that all the time, every shift. But in a jam, no time to get the clutch in but rapidly need a lower gear, click down no clutch and go.

Should a dirt bike be able to freely do clutchless downshift ? I'm able to do so in mine and not really revmatching much .. wondering if something is screwy with my bike or if I have some secret technology from the Kawisaki MotoGP days. :laughing

While decelerating yes, in fact I've read before that when racing it's better to clutchless downshift when entering a turn because it won't upset the rear suspension in comparison to freewheeling it in.

Back in the day... You were not supposed to use the clutch in normal shifting operation on your Maico 501. Similiarly, 80 and 125cc shifter carts only clutch on take off.

But... Always using the clutch would put less stress on the tranny.

Okay, thanks all. Guess I don't have a special GP edition KX 100. :(

Good news is if I screw up a shift once in a while or want to skip it to save time in certain corners, it should be okay.

Air filter cleaning day! Cleaned my KLX140L, Warrior 350, and DR650 air filters. All filthy from riding in Moab and Mojave. I cleaned some sludgy dirt in the airbox probably from the filter oil. I'm going to toss that filter sock its was caked with dirt that didn't wanna come off =/
PhotoGrid_1482140269278-XL.png

Last edited:
Air filter cleaning day! Cleaned my KLX140L, Warrior 350, and DR650 air filters. All filthy from riding in Moab and Mojave. I cleaned some sludgy dirt in the airbox probably from the filter oil. I'm going to toss that filter sock its was caked with dirt that didn't wanna come off =/
Don't laugh at the name....it's not a can of water..
This stuff works fining great. Then put it back in the can..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
250: Rejetted for cold winter temps. Up one size each on the pilot and main. Raised the needle one position. Played with the air screw. Ready to ride this weekend.

450: Discovered missing and loose hardware. Lordy, it was shaking itself to pieces.

Installed a Seat Concepts seat cover for additional grip.

Attachments

• 20161228_221307 (Small).jpg
    20161228_221307 (Small).jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I put my XR400 back to stock height. It had a XR's Only lowering link and the forks were dropped in the triple-clamps. I put the stock link in and re-positioned the forks in the triples. It looks so much better. It's a bit taller, but not too bad. I'll get used to it quickly.

Back