• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Oiled my WR450F air filter and installed it. While doing so I poked my finger (through my nitrile glove) with the filter screen I had cut. I wonder if that's how I got my MRSA puncture a month ago, removing the filter from the cage.

byke is probably laughing his ass off at my stupid self-inflicted cage injuries.

Nooooooo, that sucks. Can you get a screenless frame? Also consider a Loudmouth if you hate changing filters.

How is that cr250 doin? You planning to go to stonybarf, I'd really like to see it in person some time.

I literally just started it an hour ago for the first time since buying it. :laughing

Put my 1" lower 1" back foot pegs on my wr250r. Rode Hollister with my wife, she conquered her first black diamond after not wanting to ride it. I was so proud of her. My lowered foot pegs are so awesome. Best mod on my bike by far

Cleaned it.

A couple weeks ago I accidentally went out on the single muddiest day known to man. This is a picture of my friend's WR450. It was terrible, I spent two hours with the hose and the mud scraper. Scrape, spray, scrape, spray, scrape, spray. The worst part was the ride we did wasn't even worth the cleaning time.

20170225_134157_zpsk1gia8lp.jpg

You want some bubble wrap for that poor KDX? It's not safe in your garage..

Funny, right? I crash it all the time and never hurt it. It sits in the garage for a week and I have a busted radiator. :laughing

A couple weeks ago I accidentally went out on the single muddiest day known to man.

Was that on March 4-5? We had a trials event that weekend and it was a mudfest....it was worth riding however. They got about an inch of rain overnight which I'm sure went over the mountains to you.

Was that on March 4-5? We had a trials event that weekend and it was a mudfest....it was worth riding however. They got about an inch of rain overnight which I'm sure went over the mountains to you.

The one before, 2/25.

I pulled the Acerbis 5.8 gallon Baja tank off and reinstalled the 3.8 gallon Clarke. It is time to get the XR ready for StonyBarf!

Cleaned it.

A couple weeks ago I accidentally went out on the single muddiest day known to man. This is a picture of my friend's WR450. It was terrible, I spent two hours with the hose and the mud scraper. Scrape, spray, scrape, spray, scrape, spray. The worst part was the ride we did wasn't even worth the cleaning time.

EPIC! That is the muddiest dirt bike I've ever seen.

Just bought the bike and ordered oil, filters, air filter, tire spoons, some off road gear. I will put bike on battery tender tonight (won't be riding much in next two weeks), start to learn how to take it apart, grease the wheel bearings tonight, clean up some parts, set the sag.

TLR 200 - pulled the forks for new seals gave it a loving wipe down, took some pictures, Thursday it goes on craigslist for big $$$

CRF-ordered a dual sport kit, worked on paperwork. Baby's get'n a plate :banana

Cleaned it.

I call B.S. You can still see the motor...

New radiator, radiator hoses, and air filter on the KDX.

It never struck me that you owned a KDX and a DR350.

Mind comparing them for me? You've read a little bit about my dirt riding on the DR350... I was considering adding a lighter bike to the garage, and while I don't have money for a new orange bike, the KDX struck me as one of those great bang for the buck bikes that still competes decently enough. East coast, so I feel like the KDX would be right at home for the kind of trails we have here.

Keeping the DR around for SM duties regardless.

TLR 200 - pulled the forks for new seals gave it a loving wipe down, took some pictures, Thursday it goes on craigslist for big $$$

CRF-ordered a dual sport kit, worked on paperwork. Baby's get'n a plate :banana

:thumbup

the KDX struck me as one of those great bang for the buck bikes that still competes decently enough. East coast, so I feel like the KDX would be right at home for the kind of trails we have here.

KDX is a fun woods bike. Short wheelbase, steep steering head angle. Though not the lightest 2 stroke, it will feel a bunch lighter than your DR. '95 - '05 is the last version. Parts still available easily.
KDXrider.net for all things KDX

Back