• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Installed ICO Checkmate, new rear fender, rear tire(Kenda Washougal DC), transmission oil change and clean air filter. Getting ready for the Fools Gold Enduro this Sunday.

Installed ICO Checkmate, new rear fender, rear tire(Kenda Washougal DC), transmission oil change and clean air filter. Getting ready for the Fools Gold Enduro this Sunday.

:thumbup

Awesome F! Have fun!

Went for a ride but first had to deal with a leaking fork seal. I used this new dealio from Risk Racing and it's awesome! So much better than the flimsy Motion Pro thingy. I also found a ding in the tube that I polished out.

risksealDR.jpg

The desert was very dry but the Shinko 505 at 4.5 psi worked well when I needed it to hook up for hills.

There were a lot of flowers blooming.

IMG_20170506_125227825-L.jpg

IMG_20170506_130924407-L.jpg

IMG_20170506_130933580-L.jpg

There were some huge jackrabbits the size of deer and I think I interrupted a coyote hunting one for dinner.

IMG_20170506_131355912-L.jpg

IMG_20170506_135343457-L.jpg

I rode Metcalf for a bit. I kept track of my initial singletrack loop, that being Horseshoe, Gary, blah blah blah... Including Snake, 12 miles, 50 minutes. Then I did it again. It was good.

Spent the last two weeks rebuilding my 380 and freshening up my husky and doing the water pump seals on the cr250.
Heading home now from stonyford and the 380 ran well, only a slight tranny leak from not cinching some bolts and had to lower my shifter.... apparently my ankle doesn't flex as far as I thought it could
Checked out trail 28, was somewhat freshly bulldozed and loose as hell. I don't see the stigma given to the trail for being overly hard. Going to do it again next time and finish it, we were low on gas and it was taking us away from camp.��

Washed it (with a hose not a power washer), cleaned the air filter, changed the transmission oil, trimmed off the end of the grip that was hanging up the throttle.

Mounted my replacement plate on my 450.

This morning I completed the reassembly of the TM250 after the underwater adventure adventure at Stony a year ago. New crankshaft and everything associated with the replacement.
Tomorrow we ride.

I cleaned mine, cleaned and oiled chain, cleaned and greased axles (they were stuck in there with old grease and dirt), replaced oil and the two filters and cleaned the other two oil catch filters, and cleaned the air filter. Topped off coolant. Bike is running smooth. Will do the valves tonight. Good to go for another 15-20 hours.

I gave it one more hurrah before red-sticker riding season winds down. While I wait for it to re-open, I have a new set of tires to put on. Also, it could use a new clutch, and new gaskets on the carb.

Also, I should do the piston - it shows signs of the last owner being not so meticulous...

Oh, and I avoided hitting a snake that was trying to cross the TT track.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_104223054_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20170507_104223054_HDR~2.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I rode my overhauled TM in my field. Then I rode my Alta. Wow. Back to back impressions are interesting. I will try to articulate them.

The TM with a fresh motor has GOBS of power.

I cleaned mine, cleaned and oiled chain, cleaned and greased axles (they were stuck in there with old grease and dirt), replaced oil and the two filters and cleaned the other two oil catch filters, and cleaned the air filter. Topped off coolant. Bike is running smooth. Will do the valves tonight. Good to go for another 15-20 hours.

Just finished doing the valves tonight and refreshed the coolant (distilled with water wetter) as well as popping on a new spark plug. I want to re-oil the air filter as I did this for the first time and I think I was too conservative--rather be safe than sorry.

I am excited to crank this bad boy over and listen to it purr. I will be tearing up the trails for a few hours this weekend and then get the final touches together to ready for SI300.

Good stuff, Michael. You're going to have a blast on the SI. See you in Fort Bragg.

Thanks Aaron! I wish you were riding with me (us)! I'm happy to have the bike completed so now I know the hour interval between services. I was really relying on work that was listed two years prior without regard to storage and condition.

I've done this event quite a few times and have always had a blast. Fear not, I shall see you on Saturday night (as long as you come hang out at the Motel 6 with us).

As for the bike, it is always best to know the status of everything. A bit of experience wrenching on the bike is always good to have, too. See you in a week and a half! :party :ride

Back