• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Valves adjusted.

New MotoZ tires

Used my Baja No Pinch for the first time and bent it.... :wtf

What tires are those? I like that the knobs form a small cup to hold the dirt/mud/sand even in the front and that they are somewhat close together. I love my rear Maxxis Desert IT but tear the side knobs off the fronts. If it has a stiff carcass I just might try a front.

My guess is that you didn't have the tool deep enough into the hub assy, which put too much leverage on the orange tube allowing it to bend.

What tires are those? I like that the knobs form a small cup to hold the dirt/mud/sand even in the front and that they are somewhat close together. I love my rear Maxxis Desert IT but tear the side knobs off the fronts. If it has a stiff carcass I just might try a front.

My guess is that you didn't have the tool deep enough into the hub assy, which put too much leverage on the orange tube allowing it to bend.

Tom - MotoZ Tractionator Desert H/T Hard Terrain tires front and rear. Not as stiff as the Maxxis, but still pretty beefy. Since I used the Baja tool I can't really compare how much easier they are than the Maxxis.

Yes - I didn't have the tool all they way down so I bent it, but damn it sure made installing the tire easy!

Last edited:
I had an oil distribution problem on Saturday: The clutch cover was distributing oil all over the ground. Little JB Weld trail-side fixed 'er right up.

18382575_1334378779961848_5828373425009197056_n.jpg

I bought it more stuff! It's like a little pet.

Getting the XR400 ready for the SI300.

- New Pro Circuit muffler. Took a friend riding for the first time. He ate shit some many times that he managed to bust an XR: Muffler core got bent.
- Fresh oil and filter. Still had the Barf Baja oil in it.
- Clean air filter and skin.
- Mounted a used M5B rear tire that should last the SI.

I'm keeping the Baja big tank and gearing on. We'll see it handles with tall gearing out there.

Getting the XR400 ready for the SI300.

- New Pro Circuit muffler. Took a friend riding for the first time. He ate shit some many times that he managed to bust an XR: Muffler core got bent.
- Fresh oil and filter. Still had the Barf Baja oil in it.
- Clean air filter and skin.
- Mounted a used M5B rear tire that should last the SI.

I'm keeping the Baja big tank and gearing on. We'll see it handles with tall gearing out there.

Cool! Hope to see you out there.

For a second I thought you said you mounted up a MB5 tire...

Steahly Flywheel Weight
New Chain and Sprockets
Big Wheel (19/16) conversion
Handlebar Risers
New Spark Plug

34578603781_f2c75b9159_c.jpg

34325078940_d15587c5ef_c.jpg

Installed both rear blinkers and a new LED tail light board into a new Acerbis tail light assy. It is bright. Sheetiron here we come.

Installed both rear blinkers and a new LED tail light board into a new Acerbis tail light assy. It is bright. Sheetiron here we come.

Hey Tom, when are you showing up? Apparently Gwynn and my spouse has organized a pickup of "girly goods" for me at the campsite Friday, so instead of riding up I'm going to be bringing the truck. Planning on spending the night. Do you guys need any firewood? Ice chest full of beer? Let me know what to bring as I'll have plenty of room, and can head up there after work.

Matt

:laughing
Bummer that you got roped into driving. :thumbdown
I might have room for olive oil in my side cases. Need anything from my place?

Back